Jonathan Dos Santos

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't understand why some people are so quick to criticize him. I know we're all used to players being super competitive, but not everyone is like that. I can understand if he's happy with his role in the team and the rest of his life. He gets paid a lot of money, not as much as the rest but he's obviously OK with it, he lives in a beautiful city, he's been here for many years, he's good friends with some of the younger players here, probably has been for a long time, and maybe that's enough for him? Maybe he likes living there, and maybe he'd rather stay and live in Barcelona and keep his friends and his surroundings than move to some other country where he could maybe be a starter and earn somewhat more money. Have you never heard of someone turning down a better job offer because they were really tied to their friends and family or home? He's not the next Messi, so he's not really wasting away a very promising career.

Barca fans support an ambitious club so they want ambitious players. If he's just there to sit on the bench then he is a wasted spot in the squad roster that could be going to a talented and aspiring youngster.

BXI Fútbol

Barca fans support an ambitious club so they want ambitious players. If he's just there to sit on the bench then he is a wasted spot in the squad roster that could be going to a talented and aspiring youngster.

The problem with this argument is that it completely ignores the fact that this was JDS' first season as a member of the first team; he took a risk to try and carve a place for himself (no one ever said he didn't train hard, he always left it all on the field the little minutes he got even if he made some mistakes), but it didn't pay off. He has already stated he is going to leave this summer. The amount of criticism he gets here borders on the irrational.

F

Flavia

@barcastuff 2 h
New Celta coach Luis Enrique has asked his club to sign Jonathan dos Santos (23). The midfielder didn't yet make a decision. [marca]

I hope it's true and Jds goes. He can't stay rotting on the bench.

BXI Fútbol

I'd prefer if he went to Sevilla Espanyol Valencia or even Malaga

Valencia would be ideal since GDS will be going there but they are not in for him. Celta is a great move seeing as how Luis Enrique will be the coach. Hopefully he takes it.

FCB_M3

I can't feel ma face!
Valencia would be ideal since GDS will be going there but they are not in for him. Celta is a great move seeing as how Luis Enrique will be the coach. Hopefully he takes it.

Ill be honest not too familiar with Luis Enrique or his tactics, but you guys aren't the only ones who have spoken well of him. He would definitely make the starting line up at Celta? Good news for Mexico :D

F

Flavia

Ill be honest not too familiar with Luis Enrique or his tactics, but you guys aren't the only ones who have spoken well of him. He would definitely make the starting line up at Celta? Good news for Mexico :D
Luis Henrique coached him at Barça B, so this could be the best option for jds.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Seems we have agreed with Anderlecht on the transfer of JDS. Now he still has to agree with the club. Transfer seems to be 2.5M with a max of 1.5M of bonuses.

Zuess99

Apparently JDS does not wanna leave and wants to see his contract out. I honestly think , he thinks he can make it at barca, I mean he just doesn't wanna be anywhere else. My question is if tito will still give him more game time. I really feel sorry for him sometimes.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Considering how the club has stood by him, he has shown pretty poor professionalism...even dating back to his debacle with El Tri...Apparently Tito wasn't clear enough to this groupie that there are no minutes for him and that he must move on

Zuess99

Considering how the club has stood by him, he has shown pretty poor professionalism...even dating back to his debacle with El Tri...Apparently Tito wasn't clear enough to this groupie that there are no minutes for him and that he must move on

What you mean he has no professionalism in terms of the club? Are you telling me this is sorta like the Malouda and chelsea case? I've never heard him complain which is why I think he believes he can prove himself .

Home of Barca Fans