Jordi Roura

Yugi

Which has zero to to do with you , it was self destructing reason or to quote you and others here last season

How can you be called the best team in Spain if you can't beat your historical rival , do you remember this broken record that faded away when we beat you fair & square in camp nou ?

421858_585944254767446_1352901592_n.jpg

do you see the number they are showing with their fingers? this is place you are standing in league curently

poldep

Imo Real Madrid isn't the best in Spain. Atletico has done a much better job this season. Winning La Liga is about being the most consistent. The ranking in La Liga shows who is best.

Beast

The Observer
Imo Real Madrid isn't the best in Spain. Atletico has done a much better job this season. Winning La Liga is about being the most consistent. The ranking in La Liga shows who is best.

Tell it to your fellow cule's who argued the exact opposite last season :D until they were beaten in Camp Nou

The posts are there right before the second clasico and in the game thread ... you should discover how hypocritical most of them are ;)

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Wait, what? The whole point of Roura's job as an assistant manager is to step in when the manager is gone. He's supposed to be prepared to coach the team as well as the real manager; else why would we have an assistant manager?

Garrus

So was Malaga game earlier this season ? Granada ? Celtic home was too early ? I will give you Spartak was too early
Owned which games exactly ? Betis , Granada , Celtic home & away , Malaga home & away , Sociedad? Seville last week ? Valencia ? Mallorca ? or Deportivo or Milan or Benfica Real 5 games ? even Atletico losing 4-1 doesn't tell the whole story of how close Atletico were to achieve a result neither was Levante game although u won 4-0 the difference was the finishing
Let me rephrase it so it can meet your liking vs the semi-strong teams you didn't convince ..
Indeed you are way too predictable in your blind defense
This is where panic starts to show all over your comment, I though your primary argument was that our bad performances all season has been hidden by last minutes goals, But then you start quoting random games, Like Sociedad??, Forgive me, But didn't that come after losing only 2 points in 18 rounds, , marking the end of the best start in la liga history?, Not mention we were dominating the game until pique stupidity kicked in and turned the match upside down, So where are these bad performances with last minute goals that you were talking about?
Betis and granada, Really?, Not to mention the fact that none of those two had any last minutes goals (Again you changed the goal post and set other criteria), I'm proud with the 2-1 win against betis, The last time we won in their stadium was in 2005, Pep never managed to do this, Same thing with granada, We barely won against them with them 10 men down last season, Very tough ground, So yeah i'll happily consider them as ownage, Since the champions of spain couldn't get a single point out of those two grounds,
And atletico were close in what way, It was 3-1 in the 56th minute...
The score line was 3-0 against deportivo in the 18 minute!, The team relaxed way too much, And made it hard for themselves, No idea why you even mentioned the mallorca game.
With the 3-2 against spartak every was going great until pique injured himself and song replaced him (Yeah that reminded me, Song was also there against sevilia when we went down 2-0 and needed these last minutes goals), As for celtic game it was nothing like milan's or RM, You can thank their goal keeper for making ridiculous saves, We had the upper hand in both legs and we dominated, And why you even mentioned benfica is beyond me.
The only game you mentioned where we truly had a bad performance was against valencia, But that came after a clasico, On a tough stadium, And being 12 points from the nearest competition, So it was fine with me, You failed to show any significant proof that we've been having bad performances since the start of the season, Apart from our recent dip in form.
But the star of the show was this:
neither was Levante game although u won 4-0 the difference was the finishing
You got to be kidding me right, So no last minutes goals here, A huge margin of victory, In one of the most intimidating grounds in la liga, And it's still not satisfying, So your 'new' criteria apparently is you either come 4-0 in the first half or it didn't happen.
I loved this bit the most because it shows how you're clearly shifting the goal posts, You can read more about this to avoid committing this fallacy in the future.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_the_goalposts#Logical_fallacy

Beast

The Observer
Don't you need to check "Owned all our away games " meaning first before start posting your excuses about why you didn't own any of the games i mentioned and before you lecture anyone about the fallacy which is clearly a projection of your case ?

;)

you're so easy i expected a better reply

Arachnid

Wait, what? The whole point of Roura's job as an assistant manager is to step in when the manager is gone. He's supposed to be prepared to coach the team as well as the real manager; else why would we have an assistant manager?

Roura can pitch in for a week or two, not two months. The usual would have been giving him the title of interim manager, drawing a full contract for the time he's working and allowing him full managerial powers. Never heard of it happening like we are doing. And it's clearly not working.

jlim632

I feel there should be a lesson for Barca in the future if they want to continue with Tito. Perhaps 2 assistant managers will be good in case a relapse of tito's health happen again. Someone with good managerial abilities will perhaps will come in handy. It is apparent that Jordi has lost the plot and cant manage the team alone. He needs an assistant.

Potential candidates like Ten Cate, Luis Enrique, Philip Cocu, someone part of FC barcelona who understands the philosophy and a good figure head and tactical awareness. Perhaps Tito can be the assistant again and someone with good credentials can come in because cancer isnt something that goes away easily. I think we really need a Cryuff recommendation again. But Rossel probably will not buy in.

Is there some where that fans can write in to Barca board for suggestion?

Galning

I'm pretty sure this is not what an assistant manager is for.

jamrock

Its a pity Jose can only beat the assistant to the assistant, but the club should have seen this coming, the games we won in the first half of the season was good, but predictable, and their were no brave decisions being made, and as pep said they,'re no good or bad managers, just those that are brave and those that aren't

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Tell it to your fellow cule's who argued the exact opposite last season :D until they were beaten in Camp Nou

The posts are there right before the second clasico and in the game thread ... you should discover how hypocritical most of them are ;)

Well, first of all another congrats to Madrid for their win. I was one of the cules who told other cules that the one who wins the la liga is the best in spain. so yes, I'd say Real Madrid is not the best in Spain. even if one says we really had to pulled wins in some games, yes we did and that's what great teams do. they make it a win even if by one goal and in the end of the day, it is the 3 points that shows who was better and puts pressure on the opponents and Ofcourse we need to really improve, there is little doubt about it but as for the last minute bail outs and performance through the season, the point gap between Athlc M and us and those two teams and Madrid, shows that you guys have been far far more disappointing than we were. As Pep himself said last season, no we were not the best in spain last season, and this season we and Athlc M are better than you. you have won us this two past games but you need to consider the fact that you won over a team in shambles while you had every important factor we didnt have at your disposal. in an even situation, I think we would at very least draw. I think at this relatively short period of time (about 10 or 11 months) and due to several reasons that team's superiority is not one of them ofc, Real Madrid has mostly performed better in front of Barcelona, doesnt mean it is gonna last :p

Last edited:

Stric

That's his job though; it's like saying, "Has anyone stopped to think how hard it is to be a professional football player?" which is stupid, because it's their job to be football players and we expect them to play well. And, honestly, every fan in the world could see Pedro was worse than Villa this game, yet he takes off Villa for some reason.

Not the same at all. Yes, their job is to be football players. That's what they're doing. So no matter how hard it might be, it's THEIR job. Roura has been told to do someone else's job! That's the difference. It would be like putting Pinto to play as left winger and then saying "Well it's his job!". No, it's not. You'd have every right to say that he's been put in a difficult situation and does not deserve the shit he's getting for being a bad left winger.

That's not the job description of an assistant manager. He's supposed to assist the manager in doing his job. Not take over his job if the manager is gone for some reason.

Last edited:

Garrus

Don't you need to check "Owned all our away games " meaning first before start posting your excuses about why you didn't own any of the games i mentioned and before you lecture anyone about the fallacy which is clearly a projection of your case ?

;)

you're so easy i expected a better reply
If i remember correctly, We broke, equaled or almost equaled (I really can't remember) the most consecutive away win games in la liga history, And if that's not ownage, then what is?.
I got to say, This was a sneaky nice trick from you, Diverting the direction of the discussion and focusing into my usage of the word 'ownage' , And completely look the other way on the fact you FAILED on proving your so called 'Bad performances with last minute goals' theory, Your original argument that actually started this conversation.
If one thing that internet debates taught me, That there are certain moments where i should just back away from the whole thing, When i'm being met with dishonesty on the other side, As far as i'm concerned, You got owned, And i got nothing more to add.

Home of Barca Fans