Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

mittchan82

Beast: can you summarize what has been going on with your beloved RM lately? Been away for a while from football in general. I'm asking you only because it seems like you know what you're talking about here.

M

Malappapper

If Mou and Ronaldo leaves that will be a huge blow to Real. Mou leaving is a blow, but Ronaldo going with him is tragic. They would at least need Falcao at the very least.

If Ronaldo leaves Madrid, it will be for some serious megabucks, they will be able to buy lots of talent in his stead.

Ocurrente

701151381zzpus.gif

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I remember last year when Madridistas deluded themselves into thinking Mourinho was building them a long term dynasty. Glad to see them wise up.

José might be the best coach in the world, but it comes at a price. Madrid has always had a scummy element but it's sad to see the club sink so low, it's killed the rivalry. Things will change soon though, Madridistas have woken up.

Garrus

Mou wasted his best chance last year of making something great out of his RM time, Barcelona getting knocked out was the best thing could ever happen to him, And he blew it.

M

mitkoa7x

Mourinho got an invitation to Balack's testimonial, he's to coach the All stars team that Michael has invited. Leo is also invited, if they both accept, Mou and Messi will be on the same side for the 1st time ever. Makes me sick tbh.

raskolnikov

Mou wasted his best chance last year of making something great out of his RM time, Barcelona getting knocked out was the best thing could ever happen to him, And he blew it.

He was unlucky his players failed, he played a scared tactic and Bayern deserved to go trough but when it cones to penaldo's its alw ays unlucky if you lose like that.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Mourinho got an invitation to Balack's testimonial, he's to coach the All stars team that Michael has invited. Leo is also invited, if they both accept, Mou and Messi will be on the same side for the 1st time ever. Makes me sick tbh.

Ballack is smart, he knows that the best coach in the world has to coach the best player in the world.

M

Malappapper

Mourinho to manage Messi?

:puke:

M

Malappapper

His success at every level? Of currently active coach, only Hiddink and Cappello come close, and both are coaching at the national level right now.

SAF?

I think Mourinho was very lucky with Porto, and significantly lucky with Inter. And when it comes to that, others have the CL twice as well. Pep in less years, Ancelotti, SAF, Hitzfeld I think also, plus many others. And what was the Liverpool coach who won it thrice? You can also add Brian Clough (my fav manager of all time)

Hell, even Benitez came a whisker from winning twice.

He has also been fortunate with the clubs he managed (jumping ship at the first sign of trouble to the most featherbedded nest available) I would love to see the him stick with a club through hard times for once.

Just some brief points about Mourinho and his "legend"

*Porto winning the CL was a fluke, a bit like Chelsea in 2012, and even Liverpool in 2005.

* Winning the EPL with the biggest budget in that league was no big deal for me. Chelsea finished 2nd the previous season under Ranieri and then Roman bought several stars for Mourinho.

*Winning Serie A with Inter at the time was like winning the Ukrainian league with Shaktar, i.e. it was inevitable. Mancini managed the same. No big deal there either.

*Winning one in 3 La Ligas with Real Madrid is no big deal either. After Barca's epic success, we were bound to drop a level at some point, injuries, fatigue, and maybe a bit of lack in motivation set the picture. Let's also not forget the scandalous refereeing we witnessed last season (Mallorca, Rayo) and against us (Valencia, Osasuna, Getafe) just to name but a few.

*Since he gets so much credit for his CL wins, shouldn't the same principle be applied to his CL failures? Benitez owning him with half the cash, us owning him, SAF kicking him out, and recently even Klopp's Dortmund tormenting this mega-football-genius. Let's see if can finally deliver on the one reason he was summoned by Real Madrid, winning La Decima.

*Why not take over a less privileged team, for example Arsenal, or AC Milan and see what he is really worth.

Now don't get me wrong. Sure he is a great manager and motivator, and a very strong personality, but that is what he is ultimately, a media personality first and foremost, not a genius as those of weak spirits like to describe him as.

So, to sum up:

Is Jose Mourinho a good manager? Yes.

Is he one of the best in the world at the moment? Yes.

Is he The Best In the World at the moment? Highly debatable.

Is he a genius? No. What did he radically change about football in order to be described as such? Nothing.

What would I want to see in order to tip my hat? Take over a lesser team, and overachieve.

Last edited:

barcanuck

Malappapper gots it right. Mou is a big bank roll type coach. He won't take on a job unless he has $100 million in spending at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans