Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi_78

I think the problem is that the focus is so much on short term success that he has no interest in building something which will last. Like I said, I prefer the Barca way.

W

woobie

I think it's because he knows when to leave. Again, don't like the guy but I do acknowledge that he's very, very smart and very good at manipulating the media. He doesn't do or say anything without a reason.

(For those who really seriously dislike him -- why continue going on about it? What purpose does it serve?)

N

neanz

haha, he does...

one of my friends had the pleasure of meeting him as she taught his kids for a brief period in milan. and she said that he was one of the most passionate/charming man that she has ever met

Can't say, haven't met him. My opinion on him is based on what he says on the media and all I can say is I don't that person :lol:

Xavi_78

I think it's because he knows when to leave. Again, don't like the guy but I do acknowledge that he's very, very smart and very good at manipulating the media. He doesn't do or say anything without a reason.

(For those who really seriously dislike him -- why continue going on about it? What purpose does it serve?)

Because it is so much fun to discuss everything from Mous antics, about Peps tactics to Preciados moustache.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
I think the problem is that the focus is so much on short term success that he has no interest in building something which will last. Like I said, I prefer the Barca way.

one can argue that he brought tons of money into porto through sales following their CL success securing Porto's future for 3-5 years

Xavi_78

Like I said I have no problem with Mou as a coach, he is fantastic. But if you hear some people and quite often himself you just wait until he can walk over water. I mean take the CL last year: for a lot of the media (british and in Madrid) Barca is just an overrated team, so why was it such an achievment that he defeated us in the CL? Nobody is talking about van Gaal who defeated Manchester United.

N

neanz

What about Chelsea or Inter? Their squads are both aging now and can't compete. I don't see these squads win in the future.

House of Flies

really gneg?

porto was honestly nothing before he came.

chelsea was made a force to reckon with in england.

inter became treble champs after constantly failing in europe.

W

woobie

hof, gotta correct you on Porto -- they've traditionally been one of the major powers in Portugal. Nothing? well, no CL titles but c'mon, they won the CL in a year when the traditional powerhouses had fluke exits. Chelsea's rise is as much due to Abramovich's millions as anything. And Inter...well, okay, they have been serial chokers in Europe, that much is true.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
again who cares?

Those who value honor and respect, that's who

he is a winner and he has carried teams which were nothing with him to history books.

He's also a whiner and rife with controversy & misconduct at each & every stop he's held a position as a manager

porto was nothing before him, chelsea was nothing before him and inter was nothing before him.

Sustainable models, he'll also be judged on that, or lack thereof...And angling for a longterm position like United?...So they can have a rent a manager for a short spell only for him to jump ship?...Moreover, he would do dishonor to a club like United who also have a reputation for showing respect - something that has never been synonymous with Mou...And respect is a fundamental principle of sports in general, let's not sweep that under the rug

House of Flies

hof, gotta correct you on Porto -- they've traditionally been one of the major powers in Portugal. Nothing? well, no CL titles but c'mon, they won the CL in a year when the traditional powerhouses had fluke exits. Chelsea's rise is as much due to Abramovich's millions as anything. And Inter...well, okay, they have been serial chokers in Europe, that much is true.

porto was in a decline with the rise of benfica/sporting before jose mourinho came and conquered europe along with portugal. andd with the amount of cash that he generated for the club after that CL victory, has steadied the porto ship for so many more years to come.

chelsea sucked during the first year of abramovich with ranieri as a coach. just like man city, you dont win everything even if you have a strong financial backing behind you unless you are a good coach. ask mark hughes, mancini, ranieri, sven, scolari

Those who value honor and respect, that's who

He's also a whiner and rife with controversy & misconduct at each & every stop he's held a position as a manager

Sustainable models, he'll also be judged on that, or lack thereof...And angling for a longterm position like United?...So they can have a rent a manager for a short spell only for him to jump ship?...Moreover, he would do dishonor to a club like United who also have a reputation for showing respect - something that has never been synonymous with Mou...And respect is a fundamental principle of sports in general, let's not sweep that under the rug

if you are basing your judgement on sustainable models then you need to give pep a slap for his wide array of costly errors.

Xavi_78

porto was in a decline with the rise of benfica/sporting before jose mourinho came and conquered europe along with portugal. andd with the amount of cash that he generated for the club after that CL victory, has steadied the porto ship for so many more years to come.

chelsea sucked during the first year of abramovich with ranieri as a coach. just like man city, you dont win everything even if you have a strong financial backing behind you unless you are a good coach. ask mark hughes, mancini, ranieri, sven, scolari

if you are basing your judgement on sustainable models then you need to give pep a slap for his wide array of costly errors.

He may have made costly errors. But he also brought Pedro and Busquets through. Pique and Messi have developed under Pep with lighting speed, as well as Iniesta and our older players like Puyol and Abidal seem to get better and better every day.

W

woobie

Again, gotta disagree with you re: both the Porto and Chelsea examples. It can't possibly ALL be on the coach and only the coach. I think you're underplaying the states of the clubs before/after in a way to highlight the suppsed genius of Mourinho. But not willing to argue further on this one. I just don't get the odd mania people have for this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans