Jose Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
really gneg?

porto was honestly nothing before he came.

chelsea was made a force to reckon with in england.

inter became treble champs after constantly failing in europe.
No doubt he made an impact. But Chelsea wasn't the same Chelsea when Mourinho arrived either, could he have done it without the money like they had to few years before? Inter were losers in Europe, yes, but still played some quarter finals (maybe also a semi few years ago?). Anyway, both teams surely weren't "nothing", and Mourinho had enough big budget to reshape them as well. It's not obvious or easy, but it isn't building piramids either.

Don't know about Porto, I always thought of them as one of the superpowers in Portugal. Anyway, he made an impact, but it didn't come from nothing.

And he also leaves when the impact is made, cause he wants teams that punch below their weight, not over or perfectly on it. Personally I am VERY eager to see him keep a squad at the top, that he wins everything with a team and stays with it. See how that works out.

Sign for team puching below their weight with wealthy resources and good squad -> motivate them -> make them fly high -> leave when they have reached a certain level
times 3
and you have his career

Pep has done both but with one team only. Jose does only the former with more (sort of the same to be honest) teams. I think both still have gaps in their palmares, but are doing really really well.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
He may have made costly errors. But he also brought Pedro and Busquets through. Pique and Messi have developed under Pep with lighting speed, as well as Iniesta and our older players like Puyol and Abidal seem to get better and better every day.

messi was developed under rijkaard and pique was under SAF. only the players that he coached in the la masia are ones that he brought up.

but that doesnt still say shit on the books.
--------------
again though Pep, SAF and Mourinho are possibly the best coaches in the world circuit with others very far behind them.

Xavi_78

messi was developed under rijkaard and pique was under SAF. only the players that he coached in the la masia are ones that he brought up.

but that doesnt still say shit on the books.
--------------
again though Pep, SAF and Mourinho are possibly the best coaches in the world circuit with others very far behind them.

yeah, but Messi new role as a "false" 9 or even a midfielder is something that started with Pep, under Rijkaard Messi was alway playing on the wing. And Pique was not that much valued under SAF, I mean he prefered Evans !!! and when he came back it was as a backup but then he developed so well that he became the number 1 with Puyol not only in Barceloan but also in the national team.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
messi as a false 9 started on jan 2010 till now.

he was always played as an inside forward prior to that by pep.

pique' story is complex but he himself credits his development to SAF.

Xavi_78

messi as a false 9 started on jan 2010 till now.

he was always played as an inside forward prior to that by pep.

I know that Pique always speaks very positive about SAF, so I find it even more strange that SAF valued Evans more. That seems really a strange misperception. Maybe we can say that SAF had a big part in his develpment but Pep more trust in his abilities.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Complex indeed but severely overstated wrt SAF...He's a La Masia product who was with the youth side for 7 seasons before going to United and barely played and was loaned out to Zaragosa...I realize the DJ credits SAF for quite a bit but for his development?...He's La Masia through & through...I mean, how many other center halves for ManYoo play anywhere near like Pique?

Twizku

The Twizmeister
This is going a bit off topic, but Piqué conciders SAF as a "second father" to him because he helped him also with his social life ( he was a Spaniard/Catalan who came to England, didn't know English well, didn't have friends there [ except Cesc but he was in London ], had to find a house and so on and so on ). SAF was sad to see Piqué leave and wanted him to stay but he let him go. Why? Who knows. Maybe he wanted him to develop more and learn form the others.

Xavi_78

And what really irks me off is the misjudgement that Pep gets every time. With Mou you could get the impression he comes to a club with players from the segunda and makes them champions, I mean at Inter he had Lucio, (captain of brazil NT), Sneijder, Cambiasso and Zanetti, ... Maybe because of the last 2 successful season people have forgotten what our team looked like before Pep took over. We were finished, the laughing stock of spain, played off the park by a medicore Madrid, a shell of the team of 2005/2006. With pep came a new time for our club, a new drive and mentality, but the only thing you hear. with this team I would win, too. That is fucking BS.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Can you name another manager on the planet that has had the benefit of the transfer budget that Jose has had at Chelsea, Inter & RM?

Incidentally, wasn't the whole Cole tapping up incident under his watch as well?

gingerless

And what really irks me off is the misjudgement that Pep gets every time. With Mou you could get the impression he comes to a club with players from the segunda and makes them champions, I mean at Inter he had Lucio, (captain of brazil NT), Sneijder, Cambiasso and Zanetti, ... Maybe because of the last 2 successful season people have forgotten what our team looked like before Pep took over. We were finished, the laughing stock of spain, played off the park by a medicore Madrid, a shell of the team of 2005/2006. With pep came a new time for our club, a new drive and mentality, but the only thing you hear. with this team I would win, too. That is fucking BS.

:thumbsup2:

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Pique was nowhere near the WC status until the later stages of 08/09 season. Pep can take most of the credit for me.

Beast

The Observer
Can you name another manager on the planet that has had the benefit of the transfer budget that Jose has had at Chelsea, Inter & RM?

Incidentally, wasn't the whole Cole tapping up incident under his watch as well?

Yep Pellegerini on top of my head

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yep Pellegerini on top of my head

Pellegrini's side last season was more dangerous at Camp Nou than Mou's, for starters...Secondly, Pellegrini hasn't enjoyed the sort of transfer kitty Mou has over the course of his managing career which was my point - not at Villarreal

As for the controversies & misconduct charges, Mou (Not surprisingly) sits alone

dalitis8

Banned
Mourinho acts pretty macho when his team(CR7 basically) beat Villareal aftter a struggle.

But sinks into the trenches when tought what real football is like by Barca...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans