Juan Guillermo Cuadrado

R

Ryu Hayabusa

So what he actually wanted to say is that 42 mio. for the Columbian guy is totally worth it, because of Javi Martinez and how he turned out?

Antimadridista1

You mean Javi Martinez, who Bayern bought for 40 mio. minus 10 mio. discount on Javi's salary for the next 5 years, because he absolutely wanted to join, and who established himself as the best holding midfielder in the world for season 2012/2013, revealing himself to be the missing piece of Bayern's/Heynckes' puzzle? THAT was bad business??

Never worth the price.
You're the first person I heard saying that Javi Martinez was the best "holding midfielder in the world" … I conclude that you support Bayern Munchen ? Not sure that we can objectively debate ;)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Never worth the price.
You're the first person I heard saying that Javi Martinez was the best "holding midfielder in the world" … I conclude that you support Bayern Munchen ? Not sure that we can objectively debate ;)

Yes.
And I can conclude that you haven't watched any of Bayern's matches, not even a certain 7-0 thumping? ;)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What?

Javi Martinez was a A BEAST for them in CL atleast. Was lne of their top 3-4 players and very importamt to their success there.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

What?

Javi Martinez was a A BEAST for them in CL atleast. Was lne of their top 3-4 players and very importamt to their success there.

+1

Not only in the CL (the two Juve matches were the most outstanding for him btw), but also in the league (once he had adjusted to the new club and coach).

Sadly, he doesn't quite fit Pep's agenda in the midfield. But if the last match against Dortmund is any indicator, he might have found a new home as the Center piece of dat new 3 CB defense.

PaulFCB

Banned
How can anybody see Martinez as a failed transfer? :wacko:

Maybe some just prefer to hold on to players like Luis Gustavo or Demichelis and expect to win the Champions League with them ( in the manner Bayern did in 2013 ).

BenRobbins

+1

Not only in the CL (the two Juve matches were the most outstanding for him btw), but also in the league (once he had adjusted to the new club and coach).

Sadly, he doesn't quite fit Pep's agenda in the midfield. But if the last match against Dortmund is any indicator, he might have found a new home as the Center piece of dat new 3 CB defense.

Not many people on here rate him for some reason its strange. I remember having a disagreement in the match chat with a few people who claimed that iturraspe was far better and martinez wasnt all that.

Back on topic, if you are signing a RW for 42 million surely it is to contribute to the starting 11? There is no way Robben or Muller will be dislodged is there? Would be terrible business by pep to let robben leave and replace him with cuadrado if thats what he is planning

Antimadridista1

Yes.
And I can conclude that you haven't watched any of Bayern's matches, not even a certain 7-0 thumping? ;)

I never said that Javi Martinez was bad or that he's a failed transfer.. Misunderstanding . I said that he wasn't and isn't worth 43m euro, just like Cuadrado who's an amazing player but not worth the 42m asked by Fiorentina.

No need for me to answer to your childish provocation.

Last edited:
R

Ryu Hayabusa

According to BILD, the alleged 42 mio. offer by Bayern is utter BS.
Good.

Tomchin

@RafaelH117: Mathias Sammer (Bayern Munich) said they're not interested in Cuadrado. Fiorentina now has a haggling problem to deal with Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans