Juan Guillermo Cuadrado

Galning

No, he "attacked" you because you presented your POV and your speculation as a fact while taking a mini-mickey out of people who think the formation/style of play will be different while in reality besides speculating on formations used during the preseason and articles released by Mundo Deportivo Luis Enrique never said anything about playing 3-5-2 so for now it's not set in stone.

The original quote:
Why don't people get that if he joins he wont be a RB, but a RM in a 352?"
What he means is that you don't know that for sure.

Doobs

The Messiah
I'm only commenting based on what I saw in pre season. We played with 3 defenders. All our summer signings seem to suggest it too.

As far as Masch is concerned, we don't know for sure until he plays. Rumors have been very strong that'll he'll make the starting XI in midfield especially after how he played at the WC.

I said that because people are thinking we'll be getting Cuadrado as an orthodox RB. Which is completely wrong, considering that even if he was an Alves replacement he wouldn't be playing that way because even Alves isn't an orthodox RB.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I'm only commenting based on what I saw in pre season. We played with 3 defenders. All our summer signings seem to suggest it too.

As far as Masch is concerned, we don't know for sure until he plays. Rumors have been very strong that'll he'll make the starting XI in midfield especially after how he played at the WC.

I said that because people are thinking we'll be getting Cuadrado as an orthodox RB. Which is completely wrong, considering that even if he was an Alves replacement he wouldn't be playing that way because even Alves isn't an orthodox RB.

Alves had qualities that made him head and shoulders above an orthodox RB. Its one of the reason he was one of the greatest RBs of all time but so far Cuadrado shows no where near the similar qualities that Alves had and if we just wanted to go with that we could have kept Alexis for that role which I think he would have excelled in

Co0ter

I agree. If we wanted a hard worker that isn't good at defending playing right midfield to cover the wing and track back....why not just keep Alexis and play him there? Alexis was much more fit for that role than playing him on the wing and sticking him in the corners trying to open up the middle, which clearly never worked because parked buses just sat in the middle of defense and committed 1-2 players to the corner/wing to shut him down.

Cuadrado is talented and is very direct, but if we wanted we could of played Alexis that way and he'd have much more to offer on top of that.

Banana-Rama

doesn't alves need to be sold before cuadrado can come in, that is what i have heard. there doesn't seem to be any buyers for alves, even psg said no to him...

PaulTaylor

doesn't alves need to be sold before cuadrado can come in, that is what i have heard. there doesn't seem to be any buyers for alves, even psg said no to him...

i think its more the fact that he will be replacing Alves so they don't want to be in a situation where they will get ripped of on selling Alves and would be to costly to have both

Butaan4barca

cuadrado has bending pin point beckam like crossing, and descent dribbling, adequate defending and high stamina high workrate game style. Unique player.

And alexis is more of a no 10 , definitely not a winger

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona don't rule out that they will still try to sign Fiorentina's Juan Cuadrado (26) or Dortmund's Lukasz Piszczek (29) this month [md]

Tomchin

If so, Barça’s likely to sign him. @ManUtdStuff: United are understood to have no interest in signing Fiorentina's Juan Cuadrado. [guardian]

shogunruax

bbc reporter says different I think United deny everything since LVG arrived Herrera and the other guy came out of no where

richard askam @richaskam

Cuadrado to Manchester United does appear to be getting ever closer. Hear his representatives are in the city #mufc

Doobs

The Messiah
Nobody knows whats happening with Cuadrado, the English and Spanish press are divided on whether their respective clubs are interested in him or not.

Antimadridista1

I don't think that we'll sign him. Cadena Ser, which is more than reliable, said that we gave up on him and I do believe this statement.
Fiorentina ask too much money and knowing our board, we'll never splash a lot of money on this guy.

Home of Barca Fans