Jude Bellingham

Maradona37

Nope, didn't get subbed because he's the best midfielder they have. Even when hurt. And proven as much laying the ball off to Palmer
Great play that was
Again proving my point he's a moments player - cheers. Shame he got passed off the park for 98 percent of the game.

You seem to think assists make people great midfielders - they don't. He's a forward masquerading as a midfielder. Midfield is what Kroos, Xavi, Modric do. Control and set the tempo,

At best he's an attacking midfielder who comes alive in the box. If they actually had proper technically gifted, press-resistant 'midfielders', and not him, maybe they'd be able to go toe to toe with the Spanish midfield and not need late hail marys from Palmer.

Is he 'hurt' in the same way Ronaldo was always 'hurt' when he had a shite game?

KingLeo10

piTvh7.gif

This was what the level of Ballon D'Or used to be :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah didnt get passed off the park
Won the most balls out of the entire team, was very up for it defensively most of the game, played pretty well

Creates most shots out of midfield for the side, draws the most fouls, 2nd best ball winner

Integral

Maradona37

Good attempts at mind control, but we all watched the game and you're talking bollocks.

If you cannot acknowledge when he plays poorly or averagely then you are just a fanboy. He and the rest of them were dominated by Spain, end of.

I am going offline as I have better things to do than entertain this clear bias/trolling.

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah, didn't play that poorly
Did a few too many drives a few times when team was a goal down is all which is understandable considering unless Mainoo is particularly up for it they have no one else doing that
No mind control, just stats. Look'em up. Tis ok, don't be too upset though

Gnidrologist

There's been some utter nonsense written around here

You twit lol
It's nothing to do with 'not wanting to run'. He's been playing on painkillers for upwards of a month now and is slated to get surgery on his shoulder
And has still been pivotal when they needed him to produce a moment in absence of other threats.

Best player in that position in the England team, most situational awareness, least tied to Pep's "I have to think about what to do next" mentality which means likes of Foden are next to useless 80% of the time
And still best player in Spain in that position

If wins BDO, will be more justified than last 2 by the gramps living off 2 weeks of decent form and past glory
But would say Vini Jr deserves it more considering how much end product he carried despite being injured for longer and having been moved off position
None of your ugly apes deserve anything.

Maradona37

Stats are often a poor way to rate a player. They lack context. Trust your eyes too.

So now he's gone from playing well to 'didn't play that poorly'.

He's a good player. Just admit he was inferior to the Spanish midfielders last night. I don't rate Rice and I suspect Mainoo is as overhyped as Bellingham, so it's no real surprise to me they got dominated all night, as I predicted it before the game. Anyone knew it was gonna happen.

Windhook

Spain are one level above technical compared to England. England have the speed, which combined with the Iberian technique is the winning formula in English club football. But England NT doesn't have such playmaking capability, which should be regarded as a slight dig on Bellingham, he's fantastic overall midfielder. I was expecting more of him frankly, but exhaustion and issues might be the reason. He'll grow mentally, I see his PR department force him into maturity of Obama way too early.

Southgate's style is not based on control of the ball. Yesterday Pep's "clueless passing" football triumphed once again.

Maradona37

Spain are one level above technical compared to England. England have the speed, which combined with the Iberian technique is the winning formula in English club football. But England NT doesn't have such playmaking capability, which should be regarded as a slight dig on Bellingham, he's fantastic overall midfielder. I was expecting more of him frankly, but exhaustion and issues might be the reason. He'll grow mentally, I see his PR department force him into maturity of Obama way too early.

Southgate's style is not based on control of the ball. Yesterday Pep's "clueless passing" football triumphed once again on Spain's account.
I have said it and many have said it.

The guy is in the mould of Gerrard - moments, physicality, but lacking the ability to control games, play one and two touch and in tight spaces.

It's the difference between English teams and Spanish teams generally.

It sounds simplistic but it boils down to that.

The guy is a moments player, that's fine as the Palmer goal showed. but the flip side of that is the other team will generally dominate as he cannot control a game for you (and neither will Rice or Mainoo). It's the same at Real Madrid - he fits their Moments FC counter-attack style like a glove, but he couldn't play for Pep's Barca for instance. He's not a technical, passing wizard who can evade the press. In other words he's not Rodri.

It doesn't mean he isn't a good player. It means he has flaws and limits.

That's it.

El Gato

Villarato!
Stats are often a poor way to rate a player. They lack context. Trust your eyes too.

So now he's gone from playing well to 'didn't play that poorly'.

He's a good player. Just admit he was inferior to the Spanish midfielders last night. I don't rate Rice and I suspect Mainoo is as overhyped as Bellingham, so it's no real surprise to me they got dominated all night, as I predicted it before the game. Anyone knew it was gonna happen.
Hasn't gone from anything to anything
Played well, did some things wrong, did a lot of things right
Nowhere near getting 'passed off the park'
+ played hurt

Easy
Off you go

Maradona37

Hasn't gone from anything to anything
Played well, did some things wrong, did a lot of things right
Nowhere near getting 'passed off the park'
+ played hurt

Easy
Off you go
Frankly, the fact you are even denying he and England got passed off the park last night would highlight the twilight zone mind control PR spin that exists around this individual. We all watched it happen you maniac.

If you are impressed by how he played last night then that further solidifies my view that he's overrated and judged by low standards. And it would suggest he's been equally mediocre in the season you've hyped him up for.

The old 'he's hurt'. Stop making excuses for his incompetency.

Anyway, going offline as I am sick listening to your shite.

Now crawl back into your cave, because you clearly don't have a clue.

El Gato

Villarato!
Bellingham didn't get passed off the park, did very well tackling and getting after it as proven by how many times he's recovered the ball
Team might have
Nothing difficult about it

Off you go, not holding you up

Home of Barca Fans