Jude Bellingham

Porque

There's been some utter nonsense written around here

You twit lol
It's nothing to do with 'not wanting to run'. He's been playing on painkillers for upwards of a month now and is slated to get surgery on his shoulder
And has still been pivotal when they needed him to produce a moment in absence of other threats.

Best player in that position in the England team, most situational awareness, least tied to Pep's "I have to think about what to do next" mentality which means likes of Foden are next to useless 80% of the time
And still best player in Spain in that position

If wins BDO, will be more justified than last 2 by the gramps living off 2 weeks of decent form and past glory
But would say Vini Jr deserves it more considering how much end product he carried despite being injured for longer and having been moved off position

Cope.

jamrock

I'm hearing palmer ignored him at the end of the game and some English players aren't happy with the media attention around him, I don't know how true it is, obviously

Blanco

Dont be so insecure about your team boys, that makes you hate the great rival players. I know you have all the reasons to hate him after what he did to you last season and what he achieved with us, but some of the takes here are just idiotic.

Bellingham is the POTY in La Liga, YPOTY in CL, won both, scored 27 and assisted 16 including 3 goals and 1 assist against your team, assists in the final of Euro and CL. All that on top of being one of the players winning most duels and completing most take ons. At 21 years 😀.

He is great and your team will have to face him and suffer for the next decade, you cant do anything about it. Just accept it and move on.

jamrock

Madrid fans are shaking in there boots, like after we sent agent barto to destroy them and we have tebas keeping his foot on there neck, they're about to produce another goat for free, we just can't keep them down.

Blanco

Nah. You're just trying to cope seeing Yamal being our next Messi. Bellend is nothing to him.
Yamal is good I have said this long time ago. Its not a problem for me to say it, because I know that our team is much better than yours. Mentioning him in one sentence with Messi on the other hand just shows how desperate your fanbase is now.

I was talking exactly for takes like this when I tried to explain how you are basically creating your own reality in which Bellingham is shit, Yamal is next Messi and so on.

KingLeo10

Yamal is good I have said this long time ago. Its not a problem for me to say it, because I know that our team is much better than yours. Mentioning him in one sentence with Messi on the other hand just shows how desperate your fanbase is now.

I was talking exactly for takes like this when I tried to explain how you are basically creating your own reality in which Bellingham is shit, Yamal is next Messi and so on.
Go back to crying for Kroos not to retire, ya bum :lol:

Haraldinho

Dont be so insecure about your team boys, that makes you hate the great rival players. I know you have all the reasons to hate him after what he did to you last season and what he achieved with us, but some of the takes here are just idiotic.

Bellingham is the POTY in La Liga, YPOTY in CL, won both, scored 27 and assisted 16 including 3 goals and 1 assist against your team, assists in the final of Euro and CL. All that on top of being one of the players winning most duels and completing most take ons. At 21 years 😀.

He is great and your team will have to face him and suffer for the next decade, you cant do anything about it. Just accept it and move on.

Another tap in merchant. Stat pad but not a genius. He is not that threat you mentionned. Yes we lose but like every big games referees played in white.

Maradona37

You can tell from watching him that - outside the goals - he just isn't that good a footballer. He's technically average and got dominated by the Spaniards too, as anyone with a clue knew he would.

I am not a Barca fan either. You're definitely far from objective though with your 'he's far more talented than all the other youngsters'. That's the most idiotic take in the thread. He's not even as good a footballer as your own Arda Guler. He may well achieve more, but I am talking about who's better at the fundamentals of football. They're often not the same thing.

His numbers will take a hit when Mbappe joins, and then he will be moved back into midfield, where he is definitely no Kroos or Modric. If he is asked to run a game he will be found out, because he's a moments player whose best attribute is arriving in the box.

He was average in the second half of La Liga, and most of the CL knockout stage. If anything you are proving my point - quoting stats and individual accolades (that he wins because of his supreme PR).

Maybe he will have an excellent career, but he's gonna be pushed down the pecking order now and we will see how he copes with it. He's clearly an arrogant, deluded dickhead who believes his own hype. You can see that from his behaviour and the way he talks to fellow pros on the pitch.

He's a good player, of that there is no doubt. He's nowhere near this superb, all-time great level talent that you, El Gato and his media acolytes are pushing him as.

It's not an anti-RM thing as I acknowledge Vini, Mbappe, Camavinga, maybe Endrick if he fulfils his promise and (as stated) above Guler as players. It's a push back to this guy being hyped as the new Zidane, when he's nowhere near it even in his dreams.

Last edited:

jamrock

I was listening to a English football show yesterday and I think they are finally seeing the truth with him and other English players.

Pretty much said, he and foden as much as the English want to believe they are creative number 10's, they aren't, they are just like other English mids that we've seen before that strives in the half spaces and at making late runs inside the box to score goals.

Highlighted how one of his goal and his assist in the final, was him doing what he does best, being the late man to arrive with space in the box, same for foden, if you deny them time and space, more often times than not, they won't know what to do

Yep, Exactly like I've been saying for months now, they finally are seeing it, he's just another English midfielder regen, nothing really unique about it.

Which again is not to say he isn't an excellent player, but calling him a ballon'dor level talent is like saying frank lampard was one, hell no.

Maradona37

I was listening to a English football show yesterday and I think they are finally seeing the truth with him and other English players.

Pretty much said, he and foden as much as the English want to believe they are creative number 10's, they aren't, they are just like other English mids that we've seen before that strives in the half spaces and at making late runs inside the box to score goals.

Highlighted how one of his goal and his assist in the final, was him doing what he does best, being the late man to arrive with space in the box, same for foden, if you deny them time and space, more often times than not, they won't know what to do

Yep, Exactly like I've been saying for months now, they finally are seeing it, he's just another English midfielder regen, nothing really unique about it.

Which again is not to say he isn't an excellent player, but calling him a ballon'dor level talent is like saying frank lampard was one, hell no.
Agree, you have good insight.

As for bold, I made the same point. El Gato used that as justification for him being an 'excellent midfielder', but that's not what a midfielder is tasked with. Rodri controls games, passes, cuts off passing lanes, that's a midfielder.

This isn't just about Bellingham. It's a microcosm of a wider debate that guys like Gerrard, Lampard and Bellingham are not midfielders. Not in the sense Xavi, Kroos, Rodri, Modric and Pirlo are. They're more like quasi second strikers operating under the delusion of being midfielders. English/British people have a different definition of what a midfielder is than continental Europe does.

Maradona37

It's also a maybe very pedantic argument. It's an ideological and stylistic preference debate.

Whether he's a good player, or excellent (in the context of this generation), my overall contention is that he is nowhere near the all-time great, 'contender to dethrone Zidane' level talent he has been touted as.

He will likely have a successful career and be a prominent player for many years to come. However, his hype implies he's better than everybody else, when actually there will likely be a good amount of more talented players than him in his own generation, even if he has a really good career.

Nobody is saying he's poor, or talentless, or a nothing player. They're saying he's good, but his game is built more around athleticism than technique, and that naturally limits the type of player he can be and what he can do (he will never be able to play like Rodri or Xavi for example, but the English media call him an 'amazing midfielder')

He's a goalscoring moments player. Nothing wrong with that but a lot of us prefer players who are omnipresent throughout the game and have a more qualitative impact on the match. This is barcaforum after all - the forum of a club where midfield play and dominance of games is prized.

El Gato

Villarato!
Agree, you have good insight.

As for bold, I made the same point. El Gato used that as justification for him being an 'excellent midfielder', but that's not what a midfielder is tasked with. Rodri controls games, passes, cuts off passing lanes, that's a midfielder.

This isn't just about Bellingham. It's a microcosm of a wider debate that guys like Gerrard, Lampard and Bellingham are not midfielders. Not in the sense Xavi, Kroos, Rodri, Modric and Pirlo are. They're more like quasi second strikers operating under the delusion of being midfielders. English/British people have a different definition of what a midfielder is than continental Europe does.
Lol assists, arriving late or early in the box, pressing, tackling, heading, shot creation - all tasks of a midfielder and he's great at majority of it, both timing and technique.

Absolutely a great midfielder, the best England have to offer.

Maradona37

Lol assists, arriving late or early in the box, pressing, tackling, heading, shot creation - all tasks of a midfielder and he's great at majority of it, both timing and technique.

Absolutely a great midfielder, the best England have to offer.
Bellingham hardly pressed on Sunday night.

That's a second striker, a false forward type of player.

A true midfielder is guys like Xavi, Modric, Kroos, Rodri - a guy who controls the tempo of the play, passes and moves, blocks off passing avenues, plays combination play intricately in tight spaces to open up gaps and create overloads etc. Dominates the heart of midfield.

Bellingham does none of this, or at the very least is vastly inferior to the names above at it. You're confusing a tempo-setting central midfielder for a guy who arrives late in the box and affects the end product.

Btw as for tackling - the best CMs don't tackle as often, they intercept and have such great positioning they don't have to tackle generally.

If you think heading is a leading attribute for a midfielder, then you are truly lost.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans