Keirrison

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Does anybody know if we can recall the loan deal during the season if worst comes to worst?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Maybe at Christmas but remember that there are only two registration periods in La Liga so we couldn't recall him in November or March for example.

J

Jordzibob

He's gone to Benfica. For all his fans-thats like telling him you already failed in your attempt to make it big, now join the other could have beens.

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
He's gone to Benfica. For all his fans-thats like telling him you already failed in your attempt to make it big, now join the other could have beens.

Or, and i could be just totally pulling this out of my ass, it could be like telling them 'hey we just spent money on this dude and we think he can make it but lets give him some experience with another European club so he can play in the first team'..

Necro Spaaw

NeSaVlaDiV
Or, and i could be just totally pulling this out of my ass, it could be like telling them 'hey we just spent money on this dude and we think he can make it but lets give him some experience with another European club so he can play in the first team'..

Yea, that would be it. I'd rather we sent Krkić to Benfica 'stead of K9

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
Yea, that would be it. I'd rather we sent Krkić to Benfica 'stead of K9

Bojan to Benfica would have been a mistake. If we had sent him to a Spanish club where he would play first team football that would have been OK though. Or Pep could be wanting to play him more this season, which i really hope is the case.

J

Jordzibob

Bojan to Benfica would have been a mistake. If we had sent him to a Spanish club where he would play first team football that would have been OK though. Or Pep could be wanting to play him more this season, which i really hope is the case.

We'll only send Bojan there if he proves he's a could have been(otherwise your not valid to play for them) , he can join the likes of Ramires, Adu, Angel Di Maria, Saviola..........

Rulz

2009 Internet Champion
We'll only send Bojan there if he proves he's a could have been(otherwise your not valid to play for them) , he can join the likes of Ramires, Adu, Angel Di Maria, Saviola..........

Which is why I said sending Bojan would have been a mistake. Kerrison on the other hand is new, and he hasn't played with our team or in Europe yet, so the experience will do him some good.

beef-supreme

The clear motivation behind this move is for Keirrison to gain experience. Pep hasn't even seen him play personally, so obviously he isn't considered a 'has-been'. Just like when Henrique got useful experience in Leverkusen, Keirrison will hopefully get the same in Benfica. Let's just hope that he does better than Henrique though...
Bojan staying at Barca was the only realistic option, because sending him on loan would leave our squad much too thin, keeping Keirrison would be much too risky and possibly detrimental to his development under pressure in a new environment, and Bojan is an acclimatised member of the squad, even if he does need to improve.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Apparently, Keirrison didn`t even enter a squad list in Benfica`s first league match.

I saw that...I was trying to get some info on why that was...There was some intimation that perhaps he wasn't 'up for it'...Seems odd, non?:icon_neutral:

Home of Barca Fans