Kylian Mbappé

vegitot

You can't put Ronaldo and Zidane as same type of example as Messi and CR7
Players like Zidane separated themselves from the rest of their generation very late in their career, same with Ronaldo who was getting ruined by injuries.
The likes of Owen, Figo, Beckham, Rivaldo, Nedved & Henry were competing really hard with them and beating them in B'dor , both Ronaldo and Zidane combined a grand total of 3 B'dor , Messi and CR7 are likely to end with 4 times of that
This is where Messi and CR7 were special, they totally separated themselves from the rest of their generation.
Mpabbe and Halaand are yet to prove they are that separated from the rest of their generation, they might do it but it is still to be done.
I think it will be similar to pre-Messi/CR7 and the field will be closer to each other.
The likes of Fati/Sancho will be way closer to Halaand/Mpabbe than Iniesta/Lewa were closer to Messi/CR7.
All of that assuming health, which can destroy any career.
As for Fati, he finished 2nd in golden boy award in 2020 and 1st in fan voting, Barca fans seems to be the least excited fans about him for whatever reason

If you talk about technically gifted then CR7 is not even on the same level of Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane. Far from it. But he builds his legacy. Modern Gerd Muller but with much greater media behind.
Messi and Ronaldo both have massive media behind. The like of Iniesta stands no chance.
Ronaldo/Zidane also were media favourite back then but they didn't dominate or play at consistent level of Ronaldo/Messi.

wisconsincule

Is this deal going to happen or not? Would rather they spend their savings on Mbappe alone and not have the chance for Haaland and Mbappe next season.

vegitot

Imagine media try to make Haaland and Mbappe being battle of new generation, only end up seeing them play for the same team.

Blaugranaa

I don't mind Mbappe going to Real Madrid, but let it please be next season. A trio of Neymar, Mbappe and Messi is too strong to throw away.

khaled_a_d

If you talk about technically gifted then CR7 is not even on the same level of Messi, Ronaldo, Zidane. Far from it. But he builds his legacy. Modern Gerd Muller but with much greater media behind.
Messi and Ronaldo both have massive media behind. The like of Iniesta stands no chance.
Ronaldo/Zidane also were media favourite back then but they didn't dominate or play at consistent level of Ronaldo/Messi.

CR7 is probably the most athletically gifted player in the history, that speed, quickness, height, strength & athleticism in one combination is rare. That is Lebron/Giannis type of body for footballers.
I am talking about the level of play, those 2 were really different just like most superstars in the same era.
Zidane specifically is very weird comparison to Mpabbe/Halaand, he was never know as young prodigy tbh. He is one of those who took his time developing as a player.

Mitchell1978

You can't put Ronaldo and Zidane as same type of example as Messi and CR7
Players like Zidane separated themselves from the rest of their generation very late in their career, same with Ronaldo who was getting ruined by injuries.
The likes of Owen, Figo, Beckham, Rivaldo, Nedved & Henry were competing really hard with them and beating them in B'dor , both Ronaldo and Zidane combined a grand total of 3 B'dor , Messi and CR7 are likely to end with 4 times of that
This is where Messi and CR7 were special, they totally separated themselves from the rest of their generation.
Mpabbe and Halaand are yet to prove they are that separated from the rest of their generation, they might do it but it is still to be done.
I think it will be similar to pre-Messi/CR7 and the field will be closer to each other.
The likes of Fati/Sancho will be way closer to Halaand/Mpabbe than Iniesta/Lewa were closer to Messi/CR7.
All of that assuming health, which can destroy any career.
As for Fati, he finished 2nd in golden boy award in 2020 and 1st in fan voting, Barca fans seems to be the least excited fans about him for whatever reason

I'm not a Barca fan.

And i'm talking about (generational) talent not their actual performances or achievements.
Neymar was also a generational talent but never lived up to that because of injuries, attitude on and off the field.

vegitot

CR7 is probably the most athletically gifted player in the history, that speed, quickness, height, strength & athleticism in one combination is rare. That is Lebron/Giannis type of body for footballers.
I am talking about the level of play, those 2 were really different just like most superstars in the same era.
Zidane specifically is very weird comparison to Mpabbe/Halaand, he was never know as young prodigy tbh. He is one of those who took his time developing as a player.

Zidane was super technical gifted from beginning, like Iniesta. Of course it was until 24 he moved to Juventus and made his name. His problem was his consistency despite of his talent.
Mbappe/Haaland of course catch more attention. Not only because of nowaday football but they score lot of goals.

mc_lovin

I'm not a Barca fan.

And i'm talking about (generational) talent not their actual performances or achievements.
Neymar was also a generational talent but never lived up to that because of injuries, attitude on and off the field.

Generational talent is such a shit term. Ansu is one of the best 16/17/18 years olds I have ever seen, everything else will be decided by actual performances in the near future.

snowy

Visually, 2019/20 Ansu was better than Mbapp's 2020/21 (his best season). Ansu's goals were also more technically difficult. Where K-dude really shines is pure speed and his hunger. His progression curve has been really impressive, and he keeps getting better.

Albeit in only 923 min, even 31 year old super swinger Bale outperformed Mbapp per 90min,. in ground duels won (54% vs 44%), aerial success (65% vs 26%), take-on success (55% vs 49%), crossing accuracy (27% vs 11%) and conversion rate (34 % vs 30%) Go Go Golfman!!! :wbounce:

In the new gen, I like Sancho above Mbapp as the more complete player and in terms of overall talent.

Top Dog is the Norwegian Beast (again, the goals he's been scoring have been way more difficult technically than Mbapp's). Wouldn't surprise me if both Sancho and King H end up with more B D'Or than Donatello.

Birdy

It helped also that both CR7 and Messi had two of the best teams in history supporting them, and at some points or seasons even carrying them and playing just for them to score.
That's an important factor IMO when discussing legacies.
Sure, hard numbers like goals and assists are the first one should look at, but then there is a lot underneath to unpack in order to make a proper assessment of a legacy

ebc_99

Delusional, Mbappe and Haaland are generational talents like Messi, CR7, Zidane, Ronaldo (doesn't mean they are going to be that good but the talent is there).
Fati is not, maybe a world class talent like Sancho, Hazard...

It is not delusional, and Mbappe and Haaland are not generational talents either, great players but nowhere near the guys you mentioned, but i guess you have fallen for the hype hook line and sinker.

Fati got injured just a few weeks after turning 18, to be at the level he was at such a young age is incredible, I have no doubt he can reach the level of Mbappe if not higher, I certainly think he is technically a better player if not a better athlete.

Jair Ventura

I tried to tell you.

Madrid is broke. The only reason they submitted a bid so late into the window was to destabilize PSG in an effort to paint us as villains in the saga. If they can convince Mbapp? they did all they could to bring him this summer but that PSG wouldn't allow it, he's less likely to extend before his contract expires.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I tried to tell you.

Madrid is broke. The only reason they submitted so late into the window was to destabilize PSG in an effort to paint us as villains in the saga. If they can convince Mbapp? they did all they could to bring him this summer but that PSG wouldn't allow it, he's less likely to extend before his contract expires.

That's why they were able to bid 180ME? At some point you have to draw a line, everything above that is utter madness (heck, 180ME is insane already).

Home of Barca Fans