La Liga Round 1: Valencia - Barca 1-2

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheStig

Pointing out problems is easy, giving solutions is more difficult. It should be mandatory in each debate in my opinion. If people blame something, they need to offer a better solution in the same posts. Then you can discuss this solution properly and not have to ask rhetorical questions.
The solution was not buying Lewa, Ferran, Inigo and similar players. We are years away from Barto's presidency, it can't always only be his fault. If Laporta wouldn't buy those extremly expenisive flops than we could register anybody today regardless what Barto did.

Loki

Without Ferran, we most likely wouldn't have reached the CL places and then you could have shut down the club for good. Many seem to forget where we were with Koeman when he was fired and how Xavi needed instant reinforcements in the winter to reach the CL again.
And Lewandowski was probably the only world class striker affordable for us, who also helped to ignite new hype around the club, which was badly needed. So many fans bought his kit, that his letters were sold out.
It's easy to point with fingers afterwards.

jamrock

The solution was not buying Lewa, Ferran, Inigo and similar players. We are years away from Barto's presidency, it can't always only be his fault. If Laporta wouldn't buy those extremly expenisive flops than we could register anybody today regardless what Barto did.

Martinez and gundogan are on short term deals, they were brought in as high quality experience players to help a young team, Martinez had a bunch of injuries last season, but those deals aren't comparable to barto, who years later we are still literally paying for his mistake.

I'm no fan of Torres, he's too expensive for what he offers and should be sold, but at the time he was being signed, a bit of context needs to me added, still a waste, but with context it makes a tiny bit more sense.

Lewa was a good market opportunity, also on a relatively short deal 3+, the lewa plan is probably screwed now, because we failed in our scouting on his replacement, roque, so now he'll likely get the full 4 years.

But if we win something this year, I can see him leaving at the end of the season

TheStig

It's hard to debate with reason when the argument is "Ferran brought us to second place and he was key that we were in top 4" and that Lewa's signature is not a horrible mistake for the money involved in our finanical situation. A short contract of 4 years that we gave to a 35 year old. :ROFLMAO: I could argue that these signings are worse than Barto's 100+ flops if we consider our financial situation not and then.

jairzinho

So many issues to be resolved with the squad. Injuries. Some players yet to return. Feels like this game has come too soon.

Birdy

a predicted XI on mundo has Eric-Cubarsi as CB partnership
Hope it's not true

I predict Inigo will be there for sure.
CB pair will be either Cristensen-Inigo with Bernal at DM, or Cubarsi-Inigo with Christensen as DM next to Casado

The others will be:
Stegen, Kounde, Balde, Casado, Gundo, Raphina, Lewa, Lamine

Andresito

Staff member
These are all predicted starters according to AS, Marca, MD and Sport.

ter Stegen
Kounde
Inigo
Christensen
Balde
Casado
Gundogan
Yamal
Raphinha
Lewy

Last spot for Cubarsi or Bernal. Chris at either CB or DM depending on if Cubarsi starts or not.

Loki

Most of Barca outlets say Casado will play. That's strange, given that Bernal looked a bit better in preseason in my opinion and got more attention.

It's hard to debate with reason when the argument is "Ferran brought us to second place and he was key that we were in top 4" and that Lewa's signature is not a horrible mistake for the money involved in our finanical situation. A short contract of 4 years that we gave to a 35 year old. :ROFLMAO: I could argue that these signings are worse than Barto's 100+ flops if we consider our financial situation not and then.
The level here is even worse than twitter.
🤣🤣🤣.
Lewandowski is a tap-in scorer who needs top wingers for scoring a goal.
He cost us more than 60 millions euros, when he was in last year contract, with an elevate worth.
We never had top winger, dembele, ferran, fati, raphinha (oh yeah 2 leftfooted player playing at the same time on the pitch unable to do a good cross or do some differences, that was entertainement buddy ! i laugh so hard at that time) was fraud.
This mercato was a choice of xavi and laporta and now we are in deep shit, unable to sign new players or register them for la liga debut.

this era of laporta is equal at gaspart era selling figo and recruiting overmars alfonso and petit, ridiculous choice, when a player like nedved was raping the serie A.

Home of Barca Fans