La Liga Round 4: Barca - Real Valladolid 7-0

Predicted outcome

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Flick will need to rotate unless he wants to run the team to the ground. Season barely started and we already have one player out for months and other until next summer.

Dont think it's just a stroke of bad luck.

Unfortunately, for example, he already said Fermin is not a starter. Don't know why would he publicly demote anyone and it is indication he is not a fan of rotations.

Porque

He said that for real? That's not cool.

Full quote.
Can Fermín be the starter now?

"Fermín can be an eight or a ten. He has great quality. He arrived later than the others and that's why he played less. The season is long and he showed us what he can do. He has to accept the fact that maybe he won't play from the start, but he's a great player."

Joan

Flick will need to rotate unless he wants to run the team to the ground. Season barely started and we already have one player out for months and other until next summer.

Dont think it's just a stroke of bad luck.
What do the aforementioned injuries have to do with lack of rotation?

Bernal had a contact injury after a nasty foul. The question might be whether he should be playing and how much, but certainly not overdone yet.

Christensen played less than half an hour and has a chronic injury.

Nothing to do with overplaying.

jamrock

Full quote.
Can Fermín be the starter now?

"Fermín can be an eight or a ten. He has great quality. He arrived later than the others and that's why he played less. The season is long and he showed us what he can do. He has to accept the fact that maybe he won't play from the start, but he's a great player."

Sounds a bit better, it is in fact the reality of the situation, he will be coming off the bench, but I don't like him saying that at a press conference.

He's looked great the few minutes he's has so far, like he step up his game.

serghei

The problem is we're in serious danger of not being able to field an XI of first team players if we have any more injuries.

There are 18 players in the squad. In those circumstances, he might rotate simply out of fear.

So far there is not a single injury in attacking midfield and attack. That counts a lot since the team is quite strong in attack in this start of the season.

If Olmo, Pedri, Lewa, raphinha, Yamal, keep staying fit... the team can score quite a good numbers of goals. The chance creation looks very good.

If injuries hit us here too, the issues would drastically get bigger.

I liked Inigo also vs Vallecano. A bit of his leadership came to light later in the game, which is a first for him at Barcelona. He's ok if he can show more of that and stay fit.

It's very important for Olmo to stay fit. He looks to be a potentially great signing for us that is gonna make a serious difference in AM spot.

The greatest sign is that Flick is very motivated and this ambition and positivism is showing in the team's confidence.

PhilS

I never thought I would be saying this, but I sure am glad to see Eric on the squad list. He is the only Liga-level backup at both CB positions and DM. Is he also the backup at RB? Fort has not impressed, I'd rather see Eric give it a try if Koude goes down or wears out.

jamrock

I never thought I would be saying this, but I sure am glad to see Eric on the squad list. He is the only Liga-level backup at both CB positions and DM. Is he also the backup at RB? Fort has not impressed, I'd rather see Eric give it a try if Koude goes down or wears out.
Why don't you think fort impressed last season?

Home of Barca Fans