Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

Messi is still Messi.

You'll prolly enjoy his greatness next year even if end of season results were to be disappointing.

Football is not only about winning. Just enjoy watching him play for one last season under your colours.

:lol: Losing 0-3, 0-4, 0-3, 0-4, 2-8 is not greatness mate. Beating the likes of Eibar ain't greatness. The club needs fresh legs, speed, stamina, and Messi is an obstacle in incorporating that at this age and with his bad habits.

It's that simple. Good old case of legends and club arriving at a point where a split is the best option.

Messi said it himself. The club needs something new.

soul24rage

Eloquently put. Exactly how it is, only Messi washed himself pretty neatly with this interview. Great PR by Bartomeu and Messi. He made it seem like he's sacrificing a year of his life out of his love for Barca. :lol: The same Barca he wanted to leave as free player, while hiding out as a captain after the Bayern humiliation.

Both Bartomeu and Messi get out of this. The club loses. Loses money, loses a real rebuild. Koeman is collateral damage, let's see how he can deal with Messi potentially walking every match.

1. He doesn't want to go to court against the club he stayed at for more than a decade. It could be true. (Most likely true imo)
2. He just wanted to leave, but nobody knows whether he wanted to leave for free or wanted the clubs to negotiate a fee.
3. I agree with you that as captain he should have said something after the game.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
what if the underlined part is true?

It could very well be true, I think he doesn’t want to be seen as someone who drags the club he played for almost his entire lifetime to court, it might have some adverse effect on his image.

All in all he did an awesome job to make himself look good from the interview he gave.

SmilerBam

Messi is still Messi.

You'll prolly enjoy his greatness next year even if end of season results were to be disappointing.

Football is not only about winning. Just enjoy watching him play for one last season under your colours.

Spot on.People don t understand two things:1.our golden period had to be ended sometime.We can t keep winning trophies like that all the time,no club can.People here are so full of theirselves,now they scoof at La Liga trophy like is nothing.People have to remember what was Barca before Messi and what it s now...i lived on both periods,so i know very well.2.He's one of the best players in history.He still put great numbers last season.Is it only his fault when this team losses?He was spot on,this club lacks direction,lacks a project.I suppose he should do that too?I don t say he s faultless.Far from it.But he s not the main problem at Barca,and never was.He was the reason DESPITE having a shitter team every year we competed and won trophies the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

i remember his performance in one of the last games of la liga at the camp nou where we lost, think it was against osasuna . his body language was totally off, like he didnt give a fucka nd didn't want to be here

i expect similar performances this upcoming season if koeman can't motivate him

soul24rage

It could very well be true, I think he doesn’t want to be seen as someone who drags the club he played for almost his entire lifetime to court, it might have some adverse effect on his image.

All in all he did an awesome job to make himself look good from the interview he gave.

maybe, maybe not. I just don't like how some people makes subjective statements as facts when they don't even know the person.

Raketa10

I don't know what to think anymore.

Positive things:

1) He won't leave through the back door
2) He might finish his career here with the new board and get a decent farewell
3) We will be stronger with Messi

Negative things:

1) There is no way he will be motivated as usual as he clearly doesn't want to be here
2) Koeman will have hard time incorporating Griezmann, Coutinho and Messi
3) We might still play in the same way
4) We maybe had a chance to sell him for a decent amount and start to rebuild

At the moment only one thing can improve this horrible situation and that's vote of no confidence! I sincerely hope 16.000 members will sign it and throw that idiot Barto out of the club!

El Gato

Villarato!
His product will be fine and people will likely want to change their minds several times, especially with new manager who will try to put a bit of faith in and try some new things.

But it's still the same Messi production dependency in the end and will still suffer from similar problems on the pitch.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I agree with him. I wanted him gone too. His cycle is over and we need different things.

The moment he wanted out I would have said yes on the spot. Even free, considering the bad contract (bad for Barca) that gave him all the leverage in the world to move as free agent.

Yeah, we have heard you say that like a thousand times during the last couple of months. Why are you ignoring Alik?s argument here? We want to hear what kind of conspiracies you come up with next to make it seem like you aren?t completely out of your depth here.

JamDav1982

Yeah, we have heard you say that like a thousand times during the last couple of months. Why are you ignoring Alik?s argument here? We want to hear what kind of conspiracies you come up with next to make it seem like you aren?t completely out of your depth here.

I am fairly sure you claimed Messi would 'say farewell to Suarez on instragram' and would not want to leave or react.

Asked what would point towards him being unhappy with Suarez going you said 'any kind of reaction'. Well you got that.

Home of Barca Fans