Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

Barca nor Messi should really want a renewal.

New president and leave on good terms to come back to some kind of role when retired if he wants it should be the aim.

Man City using his name for years as some kind of ambassador would not be right.

Morten

On January 1, Messi will be able to sign with City, PSG, Inter or whoever he wants. On January 1, Bar?a should have a new president to try to convince him to renew. Neither Messi nor the teams that want him will be waiting for him in the May elections per @orioldomenech

He can sign a contract, but he cant leave before the end of the season, right?

Daisymorr

captains armband should be stripped off him

would be a disgrace if he still has it

I know what your saying but nobody would believe that Messi isn't the leader in the dressing room, so IF someone else had it then they would be the most powerless captain in history!!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well it's pretty likely that he has been thinking about it for a long time since it's a pretty big decision to make. It's not like you suddenly decide overnight after a loss to move your family, pull your kids out of their school, and leave aclub you've played for since you were a kid. It was obvious a huge decision for him to make, and why is it so unlikely that he's telling the truth? Makes more sense to me, than him spontanely deciding to leave his childhood club and move with his kids (after he himself had a hard time moving as a kid), and then when you can't go only care about PR.

It is a hard decision for sure. What I was referring to was, he said during the interview that he has told the club several times during the past season that he wanted to leave, not just for the first time on August 20th.

gregorrin10

Going to be funny to try and watch Leo brush everything off like it was his decision to stay and he had any say in the matter. He'd love us to forget any of this happened. Somehow we should still have confidence that a project built around him next season as captain is going to succeed and he is totally committed.

Unfortunately, fans are really that daft.

you were saying? ;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Well suumarised
I am happy he stays (he deserves point 1 and 2)

I hope that Koeman will use Messi as a added weapon, not as centre of the barca tactics. It could be a start for the rebuild...
Buy honestly, even with Messi benched...... for example Dembele, Couthino and Griezmann, the 400mio trio in front.... the damages done by this management in recent years cannot be solved in a few months, we will take them with us for a few more years.

You can throw that idea out the window now. They will continue to rely on Messi as they did before, there is no way Messi will assume a bench role, even if Messi was OK with it the club will not, they will play Messi every minute as long as he is physically capable to do so.

It will not be much different from this past season. Might even be worse.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
As if Messi will come out and say it..... Same tier 1 sources that said Messi would never play for Barca again? Those ones.

You said if Messi cared he would react. He did.

'Messi will stay and say goodbye to Suarez on instagram'.

You?re speculating again. No proof to back up your claims. At least I speculate with what reputable journalists are writing on Twitter and actual words said by Messi himself. That alone is going to make me win this argument all day, every day. There?s no point in even discussing this further as you will ramble on back and forth with your conspiracies all night long just so you can get the last word as usual. We all know your methods at this point and I?m way too busy to engage in it.
And Messi will stay and say his goodbyes to Suarez on Instagram in the end, anyway, so what?s your point? He already stated his reasons for wanting to leave earlier today. Until there?s any proof saying otherwise, it had nothing to do with Suarez being told to leave.

JamDav1982

You?re speculating again. No proof to back up your claims. At least I speculate with what reputable journalists are writing on Twitter and actual words said by Messi himself. That alone is going to make me win this argument all day, every day. There?s no point in even discussing this further as you will ramble on back and forth with your conspiracies all night long just so you can get the last word as usual. We all know your methods at this point and I?m way too busy to engage in it.
And Messi will stay and say his goodbyes to Suarez on Instagram in the end, anyway, so what?s your point? He already stated his reasons for wanting to leave earlier today. Until there?s any proof saying otherwise, it had nothing to do with Suarez being told to leave.

Can feel like you win argument all day every day if you want. Not out to change your mind on anything.

The point is you know nothing either and make up claims like 'Messi will react' as evidence then expect him to come out and say if it is a reason.

Messi will say good bye to Suarez...not while staying happily at club as you claimed so confidently.

MagIX

You can throw that idea out the window now. They will continue to rely on Messi as they did before, there is no way Messi will assume a bench role, even if Messi was OK with it the club will not, they will play Messi every minute as long as he is physically capable to do so.

It will not be much different from this past season. Might even be worse.

Probably. Sad if so.
But i try to think positive.... i know, not easy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I almost believed that you too had become one of those who, as the worst cr fans, consider Messi a shit and a mediocre player.

It would be a fool to deny that Messi is one of the best players in history, let alone he is one of our players and a legend of ours. This fact does not contradict with my belief that it is in the best interest of both the club and Messi that he leaves now. Too bad Bartomeu and his selfishness won out in the end.

Home of Barca Fans