Lionel Messi - v7

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most advanced player for me. Keep him out of our midfield.

The problem with that is we don't have anybody who can create in the midfield. Pjanic? I am afraid that Messi will have to drop back to create for us again.

The other problem with Messi staying in the most advanced position is that he will get crowded out much more easily there and rendered ineffective compared to him taking the ball in the midfield, dribbling or doing some one-twos from there. Also Messi can't head, so he can't do what Ronaldo does in most games by just staying inside the penalty box.

xxxxxx

I don't want to appear as a Bartomeu supporter but what did you expect from the social media of your club ?

The president decided not to take any sanction towards Messi, which means the club and the president can't talk about those sensitive subjects.

Bartomeu has succeeded in making Messi stays, the club publishes this "success".

Ofc it is propaganda but this is the whole point of having a social media : convey the idea/position of the club in the most alluring/positive way.

They should have not put it on Twitter at all. It's embarrassing. He said we're not good enough and that our president is the reason we're in this shit. He also stated multiple times that he wanted to leave but couldn't because Bartomeu went back on his word about letting him go in the summer.

Highlighting that one part after him saying all that other shit is kinda pathetic.

I don't care if what Messi said was true, you can't speak about the club, the president and the state of the team in public. It's unprofessional. He also put in a transfer request and missed a week of training. No doubt he'll still be captain. But we're moving on as nothing has happened.

We've said Messi is bigger than the club.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

Yea, well, hope Koeman doesn't take any shit, and even has balls to sub Messi or leave him on the bench if he doesn't like what the team is playing. I know, hard one, will need to show tremendous guts.

Otherwise, this will be no real rebuild, when everyone will play Messi ball.

I can see him and Messi fighting. I heard Koeman takes no shit from anyone. It won't take much for Messi to get pissed off, especially playing in this shit team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They should have not put it on Twitter at all. It's embarrassing. He said we're not good enough and that our president is the reason we're in this shit. He also stated multiple times that wanted to leave but couldn't because Bartomeu went back on his word about letting him go in the summer.

Highlighting that one part after him saying all that other shit is kinda pathetic.

I don't care if what Messi said was true, you can't speak about the club, the president and the state of the team in public. It's unprofessional. He also put in a transfer request and missed a week of training. No doubt he'll still be captain. But we're moving on as nothing has happened.

We've said Messi is bigger than the club.

Agreed 100%. That pandering tweet (and completely misrepresenting what Messi said during the interview) was embarrassing and completely unnecessary. It is what it is, Messi stays for one more season, let;s just put it behind us and move on to more important things.

Laplacian

The problem with that is we don't have anybody who can create in the midfield. Pjanic? I am afraid that Messi will have to drop back to create for us again.

The other problem with Messi staying in the most advanced position is that he will get crowded out much more easily there and rendered ineffective compared to him taking the ball in the midfield, dribbling or doing some one-twos from there. Also Messi can't head, so he can't do what Ronaldo does in most games by just staying inside the penalty box.

I've been reading the same post for 4 years now...that's so sad.
Nothing has changed.

Katarina1

Banned
Is there any hope of Barto calling Messi's bluff and announcing that we'll accept an offer of at least 100m or some amount around that?

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He said he feels the club needs something new. So he understands it. How about not playing 99% of games for a start? He has to see drastically reduced minutes next season. Our players have to figure out their style and stop the Messiball. 50-60% of total playing time should do it.

Nazario1985

He said he feels the club needs something new. So he understands it. How about not playing 99% of games for a start? He has to see drastically reduced minutes next season. Our players have to figure out their style and stop the Messiball. 50-60% of total playing time should do it.

to be replaced by whom ? shitty players who can't control a ball ?

Corruption

At first i was happy with messi staying but after watching the video im sad.Messi deserves to leave if he wants to.fuck bartomeu

Home of Barca Fans