Lionel Messi - v7

Nazario1985

Is there any hope of Barto calling Messi's bluff and announcing that we'll accept an offer of at least 100m or some amount around that?
No because it's not a bluff how about that ?

I really enjoy how this saga just make every Messi hater so triggered ;) trying to seem carying about the club lol

George_Costanza

Wrong about what ? i was talking about people reacting to what Messi said in today's interview !!!

Pull your brain from your ass for one day you'll see the light :D

I wasn't talking about this post dummy, I'm talking about the million+ posts spamming us the past one week saying Messi as good as gone.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
to be replaced by whom ? shitty players who can't control a ball ?

Moronic comment. Yeah, I guess Griezmann, Coutinho, Puig, Fati and the likes can't control a ball? You want Messi to play 99% of the games and walk as usual? See how every attack is going through him because the players succumb to his authority and the tactics are "pass it to Messi"? Are you a masochist?

Messi983

He said he feels the club needs something new. So he understands it. How about not playing 99% of games for a start? He has to see drastically reduced minutes next season.

Yeah, one thing I really want to see from Koeman is actually using all 5 subs in every game. If Suarez (let's really hope not) and Coutinho will stay, if we'll bring Depay and/or Wijnaldum and with youngsters like Puig, Fati, Trincao, possibly Pedri (still think it's better to loan him to get regular minutes though) needing playing time we should have a better depth in midfield and attack than last season so there should be more rotations. There is no reason for Messi to play full 90 minutes against lower table teams at Camp Nou, especially when we're up 2,3-0 by 70th minute or so.

We have a few players who could play the Messi role. Obviously not as good as he when he's really on his game but it's very questionable how many times he'll look like at least close to his old self this season.

Let's hope for the best, can't really do much else.

Nazario1985

Moronic comment. Yeah, I guess Griezmann, Coutinho, Puig, Fati and the likes can't control a ball? You want Messi to play 99% of the games and walk as usual? See how every attack is going through him because the players succumb to his authority and the tactics are "pass it to Messi"? Are you a masochist?

Players didn't succumb to his authority but rather to their shortcoming & the overall "no team tactic" so ok fuck it pass it to messi was our to go strat since at least 6 years.

Then counting on Koeman to pull a strat team -_-, that would be a first in his career.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Players didn't succumb to his authority but rathe to their shortcoming & the overall "no team tactic" so ok fuck it pass it to messi was our to go strat since at least 6 years

Not true as Barca usually plays in a faster tempo with other players stepping up when Messi is injured. Think Neymar in autumn in 15/16. Or Dembele in autumn in 18/19. We humiliated Madrid 0-4 in 15/16 and 5-1 in 2018 without Messi. We lost points without him largely when the side was rotated, i.e. other players were also missing. Messi is 33. We need to start phasing him out. Before the rumors I suggested that this upcoming season should be Messi's final one so that he could divert the pressure away from the youngsters. Griezmann has to step up too.

raskolnikov

Based on what he said I think his family would have been depressed as hell in rainy boring manchester.
Its also why I never expected him to leave untill this all went down.

At this point a next president surely will promise a sporting project and he will end his career at barca.

JamDav1982

Based on what he said I think his family would have been depressed as hell in rainy boring manchester.
Its also why I never expected him to leave untill this all went down.

At this point a next president surely will promise a sporting project and he will end his career at barca.

Watching it came across as opposite to me.

He was stating how family did not want to leave to make a point about how much he wanted to go to make that happen.

Unless some huge drastic change at City it seems he will be there next summer.

raskolnikov

Watching it came across as opposite to me.

He was stating how family did not want to leave to make a point about how much he wanted to go to make that happen.

Unless some huge drastic change at City it seems he will be there next summer.
We will see. He can be persued though.

Messi983

A lot of things can change in one year. What if City somehow wins CL this season, will they still be willing to pay Messi all that money? I don't think so. Also, Pep might consider his cycle at the club to be done at that point so there will be much lesser chances for Messi to go there. He might still leave Barca but for another club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
A lot of things can change in one year. What if City somehow wins CL this season, will they still be willing to pay Messi all that money? I don't think so. Also, Pep might consider his cycle at the club to be done at that point so there will be much lesser chances for Messi to go there. He might still leave Barca but for another club.

It is hard for City to win a CL with how they are looking right now. Even if that were to be the case I'd still see them going after him, for Messi's huge brand name alone if not for anything else, let alone he still has got some let in his tank to contribute. His buddy Aguero might still be there.

I honestly don't see him going to another club other than City. PSG? To hinder Mbappe or to replace him when he goes to Real Madrid? Milan? Can they bankroll his wages?

eaman

It would be a great time to go to city now because he would have the chance to regain the league as well as win a first champions league for them. It would be a success with any one of those. If he goes next year they might already be champions in one of those competitions. Also it will be tougher to impress next year seen as he'll be 34 and will have had a long season because of the copa america

CatalinR10

EMtgsrstDAIU803p7xdtsxIz_HYYby9EZRIgQ9iJRPUoTsIXQzBArJnB2B-QslXWCriz2HIOAyKZ9GQ=s476-nd

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Almost shed a tear when I read him say "he's staying because Barca is club of his life".

Only to learn laters he only stays because La Liga, his contract and whatnot doesn't let him leave.

Onwards and upwards boys. We'll enjoy Messi for another year and that's something to celebrate. Also, be sure there will be life after Messi too.

Home of Barca Fans