Lionel Messi - v7

ini4ever

Saw the interview and he?s basically held hostage by Bartomeu. Should be allowed to leave.

He literally said Barto told him he's allowed to leave at the end of this season but he didn't keep his word. Another pathetic action by Barto, he basically lied to Leo. Amazing.

Ritchie

Watching it came across as opposite to me.

He was stating how family did not want to leave to make a point about how much he wanted to go to make that happen.

Unless some huge drastic change at City it seems he will be there next summer.

Yes but Messi can be very emotive and drastic (he lost it with Argentina and retired) and that had been a long time coming from him to the board.

He might sign a pre-contract agreement anyway in Jan but if he's wooed by the next board then he could settle down and sign a new deal. Suarez must go now though otherwise he won't sign a deal without guarantees for his place.

The fact his family are desperate to stay in Barcelona will also influence him once he's calmed down. Plus the fact the Premier League is probably too late for him at 34 and Pep might be gone next summer.

Ritchie

Imagine he tells his Family they are leaving and they start crying

After 1 Week. OK folks im staying , I got pranked by Bartomeo

It's probably part of why he's given in. He wouldn't have been happy in Manchester though, especially with Covid going on and the effect the move would have on his family.

Even Neymar was desperate to go back to Barcelona soon after he left and Paris isn't a bad place to live.

JohnN

Aren't keyboard warriors tires of twisting everything Messi says or not.
Why is his variation of the story not good enough for some. It is what it is. Get a life and move on.

raskolnikov

It's probably part of why he's given in. He wouldn't have been happy in Manchester though, especially with Covid going on and the effect the move would have on his family.

Even Neymar was desperate to go back to Barcelona soon after he left and Paris isn't a bad place to live.

When you have money almost any place is nice to leave.
Almost since I honestly believe manchester would still suck.

Where you live is very important. There are not many places better than Barcelona in that regard.

Jakabor

Lmao.

Dude would rent a GOAT house in the Manchester area for two years, enroll his kids in a Spanish/International school for two years.

Win a PL title and CL, then move back to Barcelona.

Messi have few years left, and his family will just have to go along with his plans. After his career they?ll see the big picture.

Mistyoptic

I'm sad for him that it's come to this, and Barto is horrific, but the poor Messi narrative is still flawed in my view. The club will come out of this looking really bad, because the media story is of Saint Leo, but it's inaccurate. He openly backed Valverde after Roma and Liverpool. So, as much as he can complain about how the club 'doesn't have a clue' he himself was clearly blind to the fact that, long-term, Valverde-ism was running this club into the ground. All of the senior players are complicit in what's happened here, they just don't want to take any responsibility for it. Barca has become a club of buck-passing, and Leo is just as guilty of that as anyone.

The story he's painted here is that he was just a guy standing by, powerless to do anything, but you could have done something. You could have spoken out about a manager who only plays ageing seniors, with little to no chance for any youth progression in the team, and how the team was slowly declining as a result of this. Instead you just pined for Neymar, who's been sitting on a treatment table in Paris for 3 years. This statement takes no responsibility for anything, and that grates with me. You can blame the board for poor recruitment and trying to fill holes, yes, but potentially good, young recruits who could have developed into good players were also consistently sidelined (like Malcom) and La Masia products were discarded in favour of Rakitic, Vidal and Suarez starting every week. Coutinho and Griezzman were both horribly misused by the manager Leo wanted to remain at the club, despite overseeing two of our biggest ever humiliations and playing rancid football. Yes, Messi doesn't want to be the kingmaker, but at some point you have to take some responsibility and decide your own future. If things are bad, speak up - if not then you are just as much to blame as anyone else.

Also, as fans, we deserve at least some words from the captain of the club after losing 8-2 to Bayern. Radio silence is not okay, whatever the situation.

Last edited:

Pedro

La Masia
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Messi is expected to undergo his PCR test very soon in order to join Koeman's pre-season. [sport] <a href="https://t.co/JZmdRfLuSS">pic.twitter.com/JZmdRfLuSS</a></p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1302144512232480769?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ur?a: "Messi treated me wonderfully and left me a memory for a lifetime, one that will always accompany me in my journalistic career. I will be grateful to him all life."</p>— barcacentre (@barcacentre) <a href="https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1302150778103103489?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Ahmedd

Just in case Messi comes to this thread :

His nickname is the Messiah

The savior of Barcelona

It?s not just a nickname

The boy has a gift

A gift for football

The crowd yells!!

?It?s the Messiah, it?s the Messiah!?

When his foot touches the ball

It?s like lightning is sparkling of his foot

He?s as fast as a cheetah