Lionel Messi - v7

SmilerBam

Let me quote Leo from his last interview:"I wanted new challenges. Make room for the new generation.
I am unhappy in the vestuary, training and matchs". Etc etc

You expect him to play well this season?
Did you ever see a player play great or at least well for a club and team he doesn't like at all anymore?
I am sad for him that Bar?a is keeping him against his will and ruining his last year(s) for this crappy team and coach (koeamn, come on, what did he win as a coach? What did he do as a coach = 0).

Say what you want about the tactics, formations, benching, positions, it won't works.
Fati? I like him but very overrated just like Bojan or Munir. A bit better but no new Messi of course. He can't even dribble.

BBZOB (��) think Fati should have taken penalties and free kicksinstead of Messi? Is that a clown forum?

Point 1.They will understand soon(i mean the forum of amigos,haters of Messi or whatever they are called) that Koeman is just one of the long list of shit managers that coached Barca in the last three years(starting with Valverde).I suspect it will get even worse than that,like it or not,this ''new'' system is not for Barca.
Point 2.Fati is closer to Munir or Bojan talent wise than he is to Messi,but i suspect his application is better,so i think he'll have greater success here.Still,he'll be nowhere in the conversation of the best in the world,not now,not never.This club is built on having at least a superstar player,first it was Cruyff,than a plethora of superstars among all decades,let's not forget that for us played Maradona,Ronaldo Nazario,Rivaldo,Ronaldinho,Messi of course,all of them at that time being in conversation or the best in the world.Really,everyone sane in the mind thinks Fati will reach those levels?Lol.Lol.LOL

Last edited:

Gnidrologist

From euphoric jubilation to hysteric neurosis. This place is so bipolar. Fati not Messi level therefore he's closer to Munir talent wise. This after his first sub par match after a streak of phenomenal performances at this age. And, of course, doom and gloom everywhere after the first bad match in the season we didn't expect to be good anyway. LMAO

SmilerBam

From euphoric jubilation to hysteric neurosis. This place is so bipolar. Fati not Messi level therefore he's closer to Munir talent wise. This after his first sub par match after a streak of phenomenal performances at this age. And, of course, doom and gloom everywhere after the first bad match in the season we didn't expect to be good anyway. LMAO
If you watch my posts,i never said Fati is close to Messi talent wise.Not even after his goals.He lacks that certain SOMETHING to be the best in the world.When i first saw Messi,and i was 16 years old than,i said he'll be the best in the world.He had that certain something,just like Ronaldo Nazario,Ronaldinho or even Cristiano Ronaldo.Fati doesn't havethe same impression on me.I really hope i am mistaken.

Gnidrologist

I never said you said that, just pointing out that not being Messi level =/= Munir level. I was never impressed by him or Bojan, even when they scored some goals. With Fati i am, he's level above already. Invoking Messi is non sequitur, because we will not see talent of his magnitude in our lifetimes.

SmilerBam

I never said you said that, just pointing out that not being Messi level =/= Munir level. I was never impressed by him or Bojan, even when they scored some goals. With Fati i am, he's level above already. Invoking Messi is non sequitur, because we will not see talent of his magnitude in our lifetimes.

Never said he's Munir level either.I even said that i'm sure he'll have a better career than Munir or Bojan.But what i said is that Barca,in over 4 decades,was built on having a superstar.That superstar was Cruyff,Maradona,Ronaldinho...etc.You get it.Fati is not that level.He'll never be.No matter how much our fans will want,we'll never be like Liverpool or Bayern.We have our own identity,we are Barca.Mes Que Un Club was actually not far fetched before the madridista undercover Ratomeu took over as president.Losing or winning,this club always was different,and it should remain like this.

Gnidrologist

Okay, so we just wait for another 150 million marquee signing and hope it's our next superstar, because that's our identity. What a special club.

snowy

I know stats should be taken with some NaCl popcorn grains and in case of BizouBzz, some laxative :giggle: but these paint an interesting pic

Bare in mind, last season was his worst ever since he first kicked a ball at the age of 3

There are per 90

CMdb.jpg

now I know he's washed up if you compare him to his NEO ALIEN level, and the whole world knows he totally sucks at defense but still, even at say 10% of his peak, he's still not too shabby

Interesting that the closest one to him, playing style is sambadude :neymar:

This season, proper resting will be key more than ever. If Koe can't have him sit out whole games, a good solution could be to have him start only at the 2nd half in some games. I noticed, when our teams gets scored on, he can spin into a negative drift cuz he takes it personal. BUT if he comes off the bench and we're losing, in his mind, he gets to play superhero and this could pump him up lol

just speculating here but I've got a feelin it's not too off the mark.

Messigician

Let me quote Leo from his last interview:"I wanted new challenges. Make room for the new generation.
I am unhappy in the vestuary, training and matchs". Etc etc

You expect him to play well this season?
Did you ever see a player play great or at least well for a club and team he doesn't like at all anymore?
I am sad for him that Bar?a is keeping him against his will and ruining his last year(s) for this crappy team and coach (koeamn, come on, what did he win as a coach? What did he do as a coach = 0).

Say what you want about the tactics, formations, benching, positions, it won't works.
Fati? I like him but very overrated just like Bojan or Munir. A bit better but no new Messi of course. He can't even dribble.

BBZOB (😁) think Fati should have taken penalties and free kicksinstead of Messi? Is that a clown forum?

Yes Ronaldo said he was being kept as a slave at United and he had one of the best seasons of his life.

Mitchell1978

2014-2015 was peak Messi he acceled in the all around package, the complete player at the zenith. Lead his team to a WC final and CL final. Shame he only won one of them.

2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2014-15 and 2018-19 are all very close in quality imo with 2014-15 probably the most complete version of Messi

2018-19 is only 1,5 year away, if he can get back close to that level that would be good

Fati_Future_BallonDor

2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13, 2014-15 and 2018-19 are all very close in quality imo with 2014-15 probably the most complete version of Messi

2018-19 is only 1,5 year away, if he can get back close to that level that would be good

Nah 2010-11 and 14-15 were his best seasons of his career. He was unplayable in those seasons, probably the best player I have ever seen, a bit better than R9 prime. 11-12 and 18-19 were also from another planet but 12-13, 09-10, 08-09,15-16 and 16/17 he was outstanding but not close to the previously mentioned seasons. Unfortunatley he plays not good since the restart from last season. He had one magic half against Neapel but thats it.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Even in 2015, he was levels above where he is now in acceleration, ability to beat anyone and everyone on the dribble, and finishing.

The thing I'm trying to convince the fanboys is not that it's been a decline, but that it's been a huge decline. It just so happens that players like Messi or CR7 fall from Mt. Everest so they're still lingering on in the top 5-10 in the world on certain attributes in their mid 30s.

puuuh that match was too good, wow I remember his performance that night, it was like a proffessional player playing with kids. Difficult to say if this season was better than 10-11 when his dribbles were unstoppable.

malvolio

I know stats should be taken with some NaCl popcorn grains and in case of BizouBzz, some laxative :giggle: but these paint an interesting pic

and we have to bare in mind that ney, mbappe and lewa play for 2 bully teams, in farmer leagues and also have refs on their side.

we already had this discussion and forum de amigos decided that messi was not in top three anymore and the likes of KDB, muller and lewa are way over him. :lol:

BBZ drafting a 10 page "analysis" as we speak.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I dont know if he couldnt recover if he gets a bit of his pace back. I mean Ronaldo looked slow as fuck in 2015 when he was 30 years but with 32 he seemed like to get his pace back and even now 35 he is still fast and imo faster than he was with 30-31 years. I heard he had a special training so if Messi also do this he can be still the best in the world.

SmilerBam

Okay, so we just wait for another 150 million marquee signing and hope it's our next superstar, because that's our identity. What a special club.

It has to fit our team,Griezzyboy was a marquee signing too,and that turned out ''alright''.Than what do you wanna do?A generation of La MASIA like the one we had last decade it appears once every century.And yes,not every marquee signing is good for us.We should complement these signings with the best La Masia players.Something surely was done right between 2000-2010 that bought that generation up.At least if we have half a generation like that,some marquee signings that complement our system and we are top of the game again.Of course,for that you need very good management from the top to the bottom,something Barca didn't had during Rosell and especially Ratomeu years.

SmilerBam

and we have to bare in mind that ney, mbappe and lewa play for 2 bully teams, in farmer leagues and also have refs on their side.

we already had this discussion and forum de amigos decided that messi was not in top three anymore and the likes of KDB, muller and lewa are way over him. :lol:

BBZ drafting a 10 page "analysis" as we speak.

To say Thomas fecking Muller it's better than Messi at every age is a blasphemy in itself.I can agree he declined,but really...Muller...you really have to hate Messi very bad to say that.

Home of Barca Fans