Lionel Messi - v7

Judoman

All big clubs are cheaters, corrupted, full of shady deals, money laundering, bending the rules in 100s of ways.
Fifa and Uefa are also insanely corrupted from bottom to top.
That's life, that's money talk.

All in all, we broke the highest number of rules in the world regarding our youth academy.

Sorry to burst "La Masia is an honest, happy and magical place" bubble.

True, football is a huge industry, of course it is full of corruption and full of politicians, just look at our board members.

we broke the highest number of rules in the world regarding our youth academy

Show me the empirical evidence about that statement.

All in all you're being overly dramatic (as usual) , Barca is just one more corrupt organisation in this business. Your point about importing huge number of foreign talent sucks. Why?

Because there is only 1 that made it in to Barca 1st team and stayed there. So, big whoop. "Cheating" wasn't worth it was it?

JohnN

It's like that and the Board did a massive fuck up for not letting him go. He wanted out, he knew he can't sustain the level and we would be without Massive wages. All in all, I like the fact that we still have Messi but sporting wise it's not much of a benefit. He will have some flashes of brilliance and remind us of his past level here but those will be rare.

Ritchie

His goalscoring by his standards has been terrible all year, reliant on penalties.

He's been a bit unlucky. Had goals harshly disallowed, hit the posts, good saves etc but it's very poor for him.

However a lot can be placed in the awful teams he's been playing in. With Barca improving it's time he started scoring more.

serghei

He's not a reliable scorer anymore. He plays like a no10 with crap movement and occasionally brilliant passes, doing little off the ball and having many turnovers.

Alik

He's not a reliable scorer anymore. He plays like a no10 with crap movement and occasionally brilliant passes, doing little off the ball and having many turnovers.

Partly agreed. Those passes not occasional. He pulls them off numerous times.

serghei

Partly agreed. Those passes not occasional. He pulls them off numerous times.

It remains to be seen if it's present tense or past tense. In the past, he made several of those passes per game. Now even the quality of his service is noticeably worse.

Last edited:

wisconsincule

Whoever is trying to be elected as the next president is going to give him a massive new contract aren’t they?

I would let him go.... GOAT but we need to rebuild and move past him and his 100 mil contract....

Fati_Future_BallonDor

In 10 years he won only one CL while being the GOAT and playing at Barca. I remember when people said in 2011 Barca will dominate the world and will win 5 or 6 CL's :lol:

Atleast in 2015 we were back to our best but crazy how the club has destroyed by himself. Of couse Messi could have run more in some CL knockout matches but by looking on his stats he has always delivered. The capital 'Messi' at Barca wont end like it should be.

malvolio

In 10 years he won only one CL while being the GOAT and playing at Barca. I remember when people said in 2011 Barca will dominate the world and will win 5 or 6 CL's :lol:

Atleast in 2015 we were back to our best but crazy how the club has destroyed by himself. Of couse Messi could have run more in some CL knockout matches but by looking on his stats he has always delivered. The capital 'Messi' at Barca wont end like it should be.

1. he won two, in the last 10 years
2. in 2015 we had prime suarez, neymar and rakitic
3. CL is about luck and circumstances in most cases. we had better teams than madrid, but they somehow managed to have those 2-3 game streaks that matter in the CL and ended up with more trophies. i think barca has the best CL record over the last 10 years, if you consider how many times we made it past the QF and SF stages
4. barca is the best team over the last decade and that's mostly because we had the messi cheat code

ItachiXXX

Imagine what Barca could have won without Messi. Can you consider Real Madrid us the best team in this past 10 years

serghei

:lol: That "Messi carries Barca" bullshit argument didn't age too well.

As soon as the Xavis, the Iniestas, The Puyols, the Alves', The Etoo's, The Villas, all the greats that made Barca unplayable at their best were gone, Messi has been collecting humiliation after humiliation in CL.

Messi was just 1 incredible player in an incredible team, be it Pep's Barca, or MSN Barca.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans