Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

Because Pep and Klopp didn't want to coach us.
Klopp needed a young, hungry team which he can create from zero.
Not treble winners and drained amigos.

If Messi wants to win, why is he not listening to coaches?
Why is he dropping deep?
Why does he never rest?

He either doesn't want to win, or he is stubborn or not the brightest lad (dropping deep, for example).

Messi does what Messi wants.
And what he wants often isn't the best option in terms of wins (playing CDR and losing valuable energy, dropping deep, moving away from a RW position, passing to a buddy Suarez all the time, neglecting Griezmann's runs etc)

Our veterans have been interested the most in one thing. To have a more relaxed time as they grew older, to get paid more to work less, and be more dedicated to their families than football.

Everything else is bullshit. You can't preach you want to win and then walk on the field 80% of the time. Watch Nadal on RG winning his 13th title today a few mins ago, the way he works on the field, all sweat and giving everything. That's wanting it.

I think the answer is obvious. He wants to win, but not hard enough to be willing to suffer for it. He talks he talk, but doesn't walk the walk as they say.

Last edited:

Judoman

Why is he dropping deep?
Why does he never rest?

He either doesn't want to win, or he is stubborn or not the brightest lad (dropping deep, for example).

And what he wants often isn't the best option in terms of wins (playing CDR and losing valuable energy, dropping deep, moving away from a RW position, passing to a buddy Suarez all the time, neglecting Griezmann's runs etc)

So Messi was all set with trophies and drained after Tito? And the only motive is for him to play with his friends and train al little as possible? Is this what you are saying? Because dude, that is insane.
How the f. do you know what coaches are telling him? The coaches he had produced Messidependencia, because this is the only way they knew how to win. Instead of using him as the icing on the cake, they used him as the motor, and the spear.
But yeah, right...he choose those nobodies right?

You said things in life are grey(true), not black or white, but you usually choose the purple. The path of speculation and gossip, not plain facts. And also, you never go on the line with suggestions, you just comment on the past.

Context missed me.

I wouldn't read much into BBZ.

Pep wouldn't have come back to a Rosell/Barto board. Neither would Klopp agree to that.

I agree and i'm saying politicians on the board are the cause of all the bs in the past 10 years. But somehow Messi is the decider and the coach maker who wants to play with his friends and enjoy life.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Messi picks coaches and fire coaches and presidents. The voices in my head tell me so. They are very informed and have full knowledge about Messi's character and what's going on behind the scene.

The voices also tell me that I care more about the club than Messi does. He just likes to walk on the pitch and get his paycheck. So my educated conclusion is that he's a cunt and I have to make shit up and maky shitty conclusions about him in a forum to let others know that Im not Messi or anyone's fanatic and I ONLY say these things because I CARE about the club!

Batistuta9

Our veterans have been interested the most in one thing. To have a more relaxed time as they grew older, to get paid more to work less, and be more dedicated to their families than football.

Everything else is bullshit. You can't preach you want to win and then walk on the field 80% of the time. Watch Nadal on RG winning his 13th title today a few mins ago, the way he works on the field, all sweat and giving everything. That's wanting it.

I think the answer is obvious. He wants to win, but not hard enough to be willing to suffer for it. He talks he talk, but doesn't walk the walk as they say.

You need to put things into context. Messi's legs have gone and he isn't capable of pressing at 33. He, along with Ronaldo are the only 2 players in modern football that have been at the top for around 15 years. Other players might be there for 3-4 years.

You're acting like he's 27 and doesn't care like ronaldinho. Ronnie gave us a few good years and then was finished. Messi has given us 15. You don't stay at the top for that long without dedication, desire and professionalism no matter how talented you are.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
I agree and i'm saying politicians on the board are the cause of all the bs in the past 10 years. But somehow Messi is the decider and the coach maker who wants to play with his friends and enjoy life.

Not intentionally he isn't. But he does make dumb choices in endorsements or lack thereof.
It's his curse - his judgement of situations is not consistently good even when his opinion on football matters has to mean something to people in charge, because of how well he understands football. Can't assemble a project without nods from its centerpiece.

Naive, submissive, hopeful. But definitely ambitious and stubborn in his own way. Be it for Barca or Argentina. He's never really consistently known when to be silent and when to speak. Probably doesn't ever articulate the issues he sees either.
He's an ace, but a bit too beta (even though I hate what this phrase means these days), as evidenced by having the need to be generously rewarded for the amount of work that is being asked of him.

Last edited:

serghei

You need to put things into context. Messi's legs have gone and he isn't capable of pressing at 33. He, along with Ronaldo are the only 2 players in modern football that have been at the top for around 15 years. Other players might be there for 3-4 years.

You're acting like he's 27 and doesn't care like ronaldinho. Ronnie gave us a few good years and then was finished. Messi has given us 15. You don't stay at the top for that long without dedication, desire and professionalism no matter how talented you are.

If his legs are gone, how come we never see him subbed, or rested? The only way I can personally explain it is that his ego doesn't accept that, as he would see it as an insult. Which is yet another problem...

SmilerBam

what's the point of all these discussions? it is obvious that Barcelona has not won the champions league since 2015 because in the last 5 years we have invested hundreds and hundreds of millions on players who were not needed, just for their name, mostly forwards (Griezman, Cou, Dembele); instead we would have had to strengthen midfield and defense with top players and rely on less anonymous coaches. Even a football neophyte would understand this. And you who are here to blame Messi, you look like infiltrating Real Madrid fans

It's just some people hate Messi and try to to do everything in their power to show how ''bad'' Messi is.I mean we can surely question Messi as a person,i'm sure he's not a saint,no one believes that,but some football ''connoseiseurs'' around here are really saying Messi it's at fault for not winning the CL in the last years(like that's so easy to do).Yes,he's at fault for the gross mismanagment of the squad,for the mediocre coaches we appointed(they say he wanted them,lol).Can you imagine what is in the brain of these people?They literally hate Messi more than Real Madrid fans.It's beyond incredible.

Batistuta9

If his legs are gone, how come we never see him subbed, or rested? The only way I can personally explain it is that his ego doesn't accept that, as he would see it as an insult. Which is yet another problem...

It's up to the coaching staff and him to talk and come up with a plan to decide which games to rest.

Valverde actually rested Messi a few times and it backfired. Those couple of years the team was so dependant on him we needed him to play every game. We lost our unbeaten record in 17/18 when he was rested, lost some 1st leg Copa games in 18/19 and then won 2nd leg when he came back etc.

It seems as though koeman is trying to build a team which isn't so dependant on Messi, which is good. So he should be able to rest him some games.

Last edited:

Judoman

Not intentionally he isn't. But he does make dumb choices in endorsements or lack thereof.
It's his curse - his judgement of situations is not consistently good even when his opinion on football matters has to mean something to people in charge, because of how well he understands football. Can't assemble a project without nods from its centerpiece.

Naive, submissive, hopeful. But definitely ambitious and stubborn in his own way. Be it for Barca or Argentina. He's never really consistently known when to be silent and when to speak. Probably doesn't ever articulate the issues he sees either.
He's an ace, but a bit too beta (even though I hate what this phrase means these days), as evidenced by having the need to be generously rewarded for the amount of work that is being asked of him.

Yeah sure, he does not have an assertive and dominant personality, which is why i also think he shouldn't be the C. He is not a natural leader, so he should be put in the position to succeed not expected to lead. We are what we are and expecting from others to be what they are not is hypocritical and delusional. I don't hold against him the fact that he never publicly criticised his coaches or teammates. It's not his job to that, his job is to produce and that he did on a goat level, surrounded with subpar coaches and/or team mates. Like i said, i wish he was a bastard some ppl portray him to be, but in that case he wouldn't stick with Barca all this time. He would have left years ago.
I think that most coaches he had were so in awe with his abilities that they just put everything on him and expected him to win on his own. Football is still a team sport and that tactic doesn't work even in basketball much less in football.

Daniele

It's just some people hate Messi and try to to do everything in their power to show how ''bad'' Messi is.I mean we can surely question Messi as a person,i'm sure he's not a saint,no one believes that,but some football ''connoseiseurs'' around here are really saying Messi it's at fault for not winning the CL in the last years(like that's so easy to do).Yes,he's at fault for the gross mismanagment of the squad,for the mediocre coaches we appointed(they say he wanted them,lol).Can you imagine what is in the brain of these people?They literally hate Messi more than Real Madrid fans.It's beyond incredible.

I agree with you. Furthermore: all the issues that have to do with "Messi commands everything in Barca team" suffer from the same cognitive bias that these users adress to those who think that "Messi is still number one". Because if a player thinks he is commanding above everyone, the fault lies with the coach who does not know how to manage it, or with the board, who relies on coaches without personality. The whole narrative of the "amigos" if it has a grain of truth, it simply reveals the great fault of the board and the coach. The players have nothing to do with this. If a player does not pass the ball to a free teammate, it is the duty of the coach to replace him or to make him understand what the good of the team is. This is how football works

ItachiXXX

sQK8aRW.jpg

miQ9Q6o.jpg

But this guy is all talk, lazy walking overrated that only wants a paycheck and his friends. Plsss Barca sell him and let the physically fit Countinho and the most promising hype Fati carry Barca. Messi is the cancer of the team why they can't win

Last edited:

ItachiXXX

Why is he dropping deep?
Why does he never rest?

Do you guys have an access to these people's brains or you hacked their houses and offices and put a device that you can listen to every conversation. Or you just want to say what you want to believe

malvolio

But this guy is all talk, lazy walking overrated that only wants a paycheck and his friends. Plsss Barca sell him and let the physically fit Countinho and the most promising hype Fati carry Barca. Messi is the cancer of the team why they can't win

only goals from action, in the CL KO away games count on this forum :coffee:

CatalinR10

sQK8aRW.jpg

miQ9Q6o.jpg

the respect the GOAT deserves.

Home of Barca Fans