Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

Laporta always been the best at selling himself.
I dont know if he is the best choice though. I dont get the same vibe from him like back then with Cruyff and Rijkaard. But atleast yiu get the feeling he cares and stands up for Barca and the players.
Which is way better than the likes of Barto and Rosell who are powerhungry snakes who look out only for themselves.

We're setting ourselves up for failure if we get Laporta. He got really lucky last time. He basically inherited a great youth system and squad with great potential. Besides, it's a totally different time from what it was back then. There's FFP, we have no money, the transfer market is different and our squad is nowhere near as good as it was. Our youth system isn't as good as it was back then.

I don't even know what he could realistically offer a 34-year-old Messi. He has no money. The best he can do is bring in average players like Depay and Garcia. Aguero is also not that the answer. He's way past his best and will be injured for half the season. If we do sell players, most of the money will go towards the debt. In other words, it's going to take years before we're competing on the highest level again. Messi doesn't have years.

I get it's Messi and he's still a top player, but we have to be realistic here. Even if Messi takes a 50% salary reduction, he's still going to be on 600k a week.... and that doesn't include his bonuses or signing on fee. You're still talking about Messi being on 60m a year. We also have to pay Messi 33m from the loyalty bonus this year, so we probably can't afford to sign any players this year due to that. I don't like the idea of selling 3 or 4 players just so we can fund his salary. Our squad depth is pretty shocking as it is.

I love Messi and he'll be the greatest Barcelona player of all time, but Bartomeu really fucked us over by keeping Messi for another year. We could have saved so much money, which wouldn't have put us close to bankruptcy. We probably would have some money to spend on the transfer market this summer.

I don't really trust Laporta or Font, but I guess we're stuck with either one.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 7 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player and Laureus award scores against Real Betis.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

Job done.

CatalinR10

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 7 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player and Laureus award scores against Sevilla.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Let's hope The GOAT , the 6 times Ballon D'or , 6 time Europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in Spain , 7 times Pichichi winner , 3 times Uefa Best player of the year , Fifa World player of the year , The Best Fifa Football Player and Laureus award scores against Sevilla.

@Pedro

@KingLeo10

@Vilarrubi

@Hardy

@Devils

@Malvolio

:barcascarf:

Newcomer

lol aguero

Yeah, really...

Bar?a wouldn't do itself a favour by recruiting Aguero now. He is undoubtedly an incredible player but he rarely plays at Manchester nowadays due to his failing body.

It is known Aguero is Messi best friend but if it is what is takes to make him come (City perspective) or stay (Bar?a perspective), it is a bit weird.

Sadly, Messi and Bar?a are going to feast on PSG next week. I was hoping for a revenge but this team won't let me dream bigger.

serghei

Yeah, really...

Bar?a wouldn't do itself a favour by recruiting Aguero now. He is undoubtedly an incredible player but he rarely plays at Manchester nowadays due to his failing body.

It is known Aguero is Messi best friend but if it is what is takes to make him come (City perspective) or stay (Bar?a perspective), it is a bit weird.

Sadly, Messi and Bar?a are going to feast on PSG next week. I was hoping for a revenge but this team won't let me dream bigger.

:lol: Man, if we really trash PSG as you say, you're a genius at reading football. But we're gonna lose probably, because PSG are nowhere near as bad as you make them, and we have no defense.

You have to be trolling though...

Do you even know that the two defenders we have fit turn slower than Titanic?

Hardy

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Yeah, really...

chill dude you are acting like Barca is playing against the C-team of Nantes. Its PSG and at the moment they are better than barca, i dont know if you arent looking barca matches but this isnt barca of 2011 or 2015.

Newcomer

:lol: Man, if we really trash PSG as you say, you're a genius at reading football. But we're gonna lose probably, because PSG are nowhere near as bad as you make them, and we have no defense.

You have to be trolling though...

Do you even know that the two defenders we have fit turn slower than Titanic?

Prepare yourself to be surprised then.

KingLeo10

I expected more from Newcomer. He is one of the better posters when serious but this obvious PSG will get destroyed trolling is not a good look.

Vilarrubi

let's hope the goat , the 6 times ballon d'or , 6 time europe golden boot winner , 10 times best player in spain , 7 times pichichi winner , 3 times uefa best player of the year , fifa world player of the year , the best fifa football player and laureus award scores against sevilla.

@pedro

@kingleo10

@vilarrubi

@hardy

@devils

@malvolio

Let’s hope.

Haven’t seen @Pedro here in a while... let’s hope he’s okay.

Home of Barca Fans