Lionel Messi - v7

BusiTheKing

that farewell video was pretty shit. it was all over the place. must have been last-minute stuff

still, anyone familiar with editing will tell you that you can't put that together in an hour. either they:
1) nicked it from youtube
2) had a tribute video in hand for some reason
or 3) have known about his departure/the announcement of his departure for days.

behindbrowneyes

Funnily enough, Real Madrid almost simultaneously released a statement against La Liga's plans with CVC. I don't want to be in Tebas' shoes today.

Zidane82

50% on that. Laporta did say that he wanted to bring in some more players, and that is why they are doing what they doing. But then again, if Barca could actually register Messi, why did not they do that long ago (were they renegotiating with our players and just got done this week)? Time will tell. Honestly, Messi leaving will allow us to make drastic changes that we have been waiting for for a while. However, I do still want him to stay.
Frackig hell !!

We could have signed Jack Grealish !!!

ajnotkeith

Forget about signing new players lmfao, unless Laporta is a Satanic spawn he wouldn't toy with the fans like this and make such a destructive situation just to sign one or two more players, nobody will forgive him if it's that. Most likely Leo is off to PSG, no reason for him to be meeting with Verrati unless he's considering it

ebc_99

I want Messi to stay but as others have mentioned, the club has to move on at some point and if it is now then so be it, we will be fine in the long term but the next few years will sting a bit.

I just wish I had more time to go and see him play at Camp Nou, never got the chance to and though I had plenty of time then covid hit and now he may be gone.

Laporte was fighting a losing battle from the start, the club is in such a mess that there was no getting out of it over one summer, it will take a few years before we can get back to where we were.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Wow wow wow what is happening guys? Unbelivable ! how is this possible? Sources said he will sign the contract in 2-3 days ?! Big W for [MENTION=29773]Rassvet[/MENTION] !

behindbrowneyes

Isn't the salary cap 347m for 21/22? I thought the 160m figure was for 22/23 if our finances don't recover?

If it is truly 160m, then yes, it will be very hard to fit everybody in, even without Messi.

347M was the one for 20/21. Like I said already an hour ago. I understand that rules are rules, but what La Liga is asking from Barca is just not feasible in such a short period of time, with players having signed contracts for 4 or 5 years before all of this happened.

La Liga have a salary cap for all teams to ensure financial fair play and Bar?a must knock 200 million euros off their wage bill in respect to last season. The delicate financial situation, worsened by the pandemic, does not help. It's calculated that since the start of the pandemic and the closing of stadiums until June 30 2021, Bar?a have lost around 580 million euros. That supposes that of last season's 347 million euro salary cap, the club must half it, down to around 150 million or 160 million, the same limit as clubs like Villarreal and Athletic.
https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...o-do-to-renew-lionel-messis-contract-11883763

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nasser right now running to the airport to take his private jet to Barcelona and seal the deal

tumblr_md7dpseHqF1rfkogxo1_250.gif

Home of Barca Fans