Lionel Messi - v7

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
347M was the one for 20/21. Like I said already an hour ago. I understand that rules are rules, but what La Liga is asking from Barca is just not feasible in such a short period of time, with players having signed contracts for 4 or 5 years before all of this happened.

Completely unreasonable and moronic for Tebas to refuse to relax it in the middle of a pandemic. He did it for 20/21, why not for 21/22 until everyone recovers from COVID?

BBZ8800

The timing is suspicious and if the second was true, then I suppose all the reports from even credible sources saying they were planning on announcing his renewal were just trolling?

I am thinking something drastic must have happened yesterday or today that led to this.

Maybe Messi signed a deal with Psg and came to tell us yesterday.

And this is why we have a sudden turn, there is no way back and a club announced somewhat cold farewell?

We wouldn't be able to sign him either way.
But something bad, some twist happened.

FCMessi

I want Messi to stay but as others have mentioned, the club has to move on at some point and if it is now then so be it, we will be fine in the long term but the next few years will sting a bit.

I just wish I had more time to go and see him play at Camp Nou, never got the chance to and though I had plenty of time then covid hit and now he may be gone.

Laporte was fighting a losing battle from the start, the club is in such a mess that there was no getting out of it over one summer, it will take a few years before we can get back to where we were.

Messi retiring in 5 years is way different. Now he will join the enemy PSG to humiliate Barca.

a few years to get back?

BBZ8800

Lionel Messi will not continue to be linked to FC Barcelona. Both parties deeply regret that in the end it will not be possible to fulfil the wishes of both the player and the Club.
Bar?a would like to thank the player for his contribution to the growth of the institution and wishes him all the best in his personal and professional life".

This is not very polite nor a way to say goodbye to a legend. Thanks for contribution and good luck lol are you serious that's what Chelsea wrote to sarri. Of all the ways you could say a sincere goodbye this is not it

Maybe Messi did something which we don't know yet and this is why the club is cold?

Raketa10

Maybe Messi signed a deal with Psg and came to tell us yesterday.

And this is why we have a sudden turn, there is no way back and a club announced somewhat cold farewell?

We wouldn't be able to sign him either way.
But something bad, some twist happened.

I hope this is not the case. IMHO this is just a poker move from both parties...

Home of Barca Fans