Lionel Messi - v7

behindbrowneyes

Its a bluff from Laporta, everybody needs to calm down.

I just doubt it will work. The shitstorm from other clubs of La Liga facing similar problems with the salary cap, sponsors of the league, TV broadcaster must be similar to what happened with the ESL for things to change.

TacticsTim

Maybe Messi did something which we don't know yet and this is why the club is cold?

Who knows but messi isnt a saint. Maybe he did maybe he didn't but is weird how this happened all of a sudden after everything pointing to his signing. If I had to bet I would bet that he got a crazy offer and he took it and fucked off.
Im also very happy that this happened imo Messi even last season was bad vs good teams an in Copa was bad in later rounds. Any team that pays him crazy money that he wants is an idiot.

Andresito

Staff member
Laporta, Messi and his teammates watching the fans and media go bananas.

laughing-against-the-world.gif

Raki13

Who knows but messi isnt a saint. Maybe he did maybe he didn't but is weird how this happened all of a sudden after everything pointing to his signing. If I had to bet I would bet that he got a crazy offer and he took it and fucked off.
Im also very happy that this happened imo Messi even last season was bad vs good teams an in Copa was bad in later rounds. Any team that pays him crazy money that he wants is an idiot.

Barca paid him ridiculous money for years , must make them fools too.

Human greed on both sides , its killing the game.

TacticsTim

Barca paid him ridiculous money for years , must make them fools too.

Human greed on both sides , its killing the game.

I agree they payed him too much. I wouldn't pay him that much at the time no way. Bartomeu really was a sucker through and through

ebc_99

Messi retiring in 5 years is way different. Now he will join the enemy PSG to humiliate Barca.

a few years to get back?

He was never going to stay for 5 years, he would leave in 2023 and go to Mls, so 2 years early but life usually doesn't work out how you plan it so we have to adapt.

Barca's big problem is the wages, which can be fixed in time but not over one summer, it was always going to take a few transfer windows to get rid of the dead wood.

The clubs revenue was close to $1b before covid and I think we can hit those numbers again and with lessons learned from this disaster the club should be in a much better place financially and we also have a wonderful crop of young players coming through, so yes I think we can be competitive in Europe in 4 or 5 years.

Total-Football

For Barcelona to say thank you means not only Messi is not renewing.. It means 100% is already finalizing a transfer to a new club.. So there is no use trying to rationalize things. I think the timing of Messi leaving is actually good for barca. We werent going to win shit anyway.. Start a new project. A fiver on some urss shit.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Messi's still a top five player in the World at 36 he'll continue to play in Europe I'd assume.

Realistically I think he can play here for 3 or 4 more years depending on the team and his role.

Obviously not *here* now, but somewhere else in Europe lol.

Devils

Why can't Barca sign him on a free on low wages for the first year and agree to give him a signing bonus (that would compensate for his very low wages) in July 2022? That way he can get registered, earn his usual wages and Barca can meet the salary cap for this current fiscal year.

WE CANT JUST LET HIM LEAVE

Home of Barca Fans