Lionel Messi - v7

Newcomer

Y
Guess that's fair. Anyway, i may be bummed and surely i am, but i hope you ll lose the title again and not win the CL. It would be hilarious doing that with Messi in the team.

If it happens, it will be an unbelievable disaster. And knowing PSG, it could happen. I trust Messi and a revigorated Neymar + the rest of the team to be able to reclaim the L1 title. As for the CL, i think this team is overrated much like France national team was during the Euros. At least, l'Equipe de France used to have a good defensive basis before the injuries but PSG defensive players and defensive systems are just subpar. Chelsea showed that even with less attacking talent, you can just win it if the team is cohesive enough. Bayern defense sucks too but i think they would have won it if Lewandowsky wasn't injured. Even the second leg of Bar?a in Paris showed PSG was quite overrated.

Donnarumma is a splendid signing but won't change anything in the short term.
Ramos is still injured. After his injury record last year, he is just a big name right now. If he can't play, he doesn't help bridge PSG defensive issues much.
Hakimi is the true big added value.
Wijnaldum will be nice too for PSG mlidfield but i wonder how he will be used by Pochettino. In Dutch team, he plays a more attacking position compared to Liverpool. Pochettino used to play Verratti as some kind of 10. Will he used Wijnaldum there instead ?
Messi will be a big addition alone. PSG have been missing Neymar too much due to injuries or red card. Messi could be there when Neymar is missing or having a bad game. If they are both fielded, it will be interesting to see where they play because Neymar is used to occupy the space around the left flank but going much more into the middle really.
The way PSG plays will do wonder for the offensive quality of Hakimi who will have the whole wing for himself but defensively, the LB and RB are often 1v2. The midfield is often beaten by opponent except when Verratti does his magic. However, the guy is always missing.

When you take all this into consideration, you can see that PSG are not THAT strong, that coherent and can be easily abused by a team with much less individual talent but well built, truly cohesive. Manchester City and Chelsea would beat PSG today. We have to see if Pochettino can improve his team the same way Tuchel improved Chelsea, Klopp and Guardiola did with Liverpool and City respectively.

Messigician

If it happens, it will be an unbelievable disaster. And knowing PSG, it could happen. I trust Messi and a revigorated Neymar + the rest of the team to be able to reclaim the L1 title. As for the CL, i think this team is overrated much like France national team was during the Euros. At least, l'Equipe de France used to have a good defensive basis before the injuries but PSG defensive players and defensive systems are just subpar. Chelsea showed that even with less attacking talent, you can just win it if the team is cohesive enough. Bayern defense sucks too but i think they would have won it if Lewandowsky wasn't injured. Even the second leg of Bar?a in Paris showed PSG was quite overrated.

Donnarumma is a splendid signing but won't change anything in the short term.
Ramos is still injured. After his injury record last year, he is just a big name right now. If he can't play, he doesn't help bridge PSG defensive issues much.
Hakimi is the true big added value.
Wijnaldum will be nice too for PSG mlidfield but i wonder how he will be used by Pochettino. In Dutch team, he plays a more attacking position compared to Liverpool. Pochettino used to play Verratti as some kind of 10. Will he used Wijnaldum there instead ?
Messi will be a big addition alone. PSG have been missing Neymar too much due to injuries or red card. Messi could be there when Neymar is missing or having a bad game. If they are both fielded, it will be interesting to see where they play because Neymar is used to occupy the space around the left flank but going much more into the middle really.
The way PSG plays will do wonder for the offensive quality of Hakimi who will have the whole wing for himself but defensively, the LB and RB are often 1v2. The midfield is often beaten by opponent except when Verratti does his magic. However, the guy is always missing.

When you take all this into consideration, you can see that PSG are not THAT strong, that coherent and can be easily abused by a team with much less individual talent but well built, truly cohesive. Manchester City and Chelsea would beat PSG today. We have to see if Pochettino can improve his team the same way Tuchel improved Chelsea, Klopp and Guardiola did with Liverpool and City respectively.

You guys are the new Barcelona from 2017 lol. Except league dominance and away trashings

terryzinc

How come only La Liga cares about Fair Play????? This league will be destroyed if they don't copy wihat the other leagues are doing!

Laport is to blame he kept Koeman and dumped Messi. Forget him.

Last edited:

Newcomer

I still have no clue how PSG can even afford Messi in regards to FFP. They just signed 4 players who will be earning well over 200k a week (also, they spent 70m euros on a player). They also have a bunch of guys who earn over 200k to 600k a week. Then you add the massive signing-on fees for the 4 new signings. Then.... you add Messi to the mix, he'll be earning a lot. Not to mention, I bet his signing-on fee will be through the roof.

No PSG fan can sit there and tell me that they don't have their rules in regards to the FFP. They don't apply to them.

Heard the new rules during this period would be luxury tax. Dunno if confirmed or not.

As Messigician said, with the putsch initiated by Super League dissidents, they lost all their influent position and PSG have now the ear of UEFA. It just shows how much their previous influences had helped shape the FFP in order to restrain the new rich clubs. Now, it is harder for them and Covid crisis has forced FFP to be a bit relaxed.

Now, i was been told here that Messi was making 30% of Bar?a income or 300 millions. If it was true (i have never believed this), you shouldn't worry about PSG complying with FFP. We have strucked gold mine and Messi will pay for himself and the new recruits. Once Messi signs for PSG, i'll justify our expenditure by Messi related new wealth.

Messigician

Heard the new rules during this period would be luxury tax. Dunno if confirmed or not.

As Messigician said, with the putsch initiated by Super League dissidents, they lost all their influent position and PSG have now the ear of UEFA. It just shows how much their previous influences had helped shape the FFP in order to restrain the new rich clubs. Now, it is harder for them and Covid crisis has forced FFP to be a bit relaxed.

Now, i was been told here that Messi was making 30% of Bar?a income or 300 millions. If it was true (i have never believed this), you shouldn't worry about PSG complying with FFP. We have strucked gold mine and Messi will pay for himself and the new recruits. Once Messi signs for PSG, i'll justify our expenditure by Messi related new wealth.

There's a reason we had losses of over 500m in a year and more this season.

Messi no doubt brings in money but his 600m contract was ludicrous over 4 years no one needs that much money

Messigician

Says all you need to know about uber eats league

Brest coach Der Zakarian was asked about Messi after the 1-1 draw at Lyon. ?People say this a shitty league, but if we can get a player like that it?d be incredible. It?s not polite to say this, but it gives me a hard-on.?

terryzinc

FFP is a farce. It has only helped the rich clubs. It has been completely fake. Except now the dumb La Liga wants to take it seriously. FFP is directly related to salaries.

Gari

Leo's father, Jorge Messi, will not be flying to Paris today. He plans to attend his son's press conference tomorrow at the Camp Nou. PSG is a joke, not a club. How can you compare it to Barcelona? Remove the sheikhs and find out the true value.

Hardy

Al Khelaifi family member

E8NRcqmXMAAjOEC

Home of Barca Fans