Lionel Messi - v7

Hardy

the simplest question they can ask him is whether he could have signed a contract with even bigger pay cut if he has all that love for Barca, I still didn't understand if that was possible, I'm not saying playing for free, that's ridiculous but instead of 20 mil a wage of 6-7-8 mil with an increase in the next years.

Messigician

Oh, so you live in a fantasy-land then?

He still gets millions from endorsements, and we paid him 500m over 4 years. Partially because of that contract we are in that Mess If I were him I would play for free with a gent contract to be reimbursed in full after a set period

Is this so unreasonable for the club of his dreams?

I don't think so...

Horatio

You're welcome
Got to be honest it’s frustrating he won’t sign a one year deal for whichever amount of money could mean he gets to stay. Of course he’s 34 and dedicated his best years to us so it’s hardly a sour taste left just a shame. Clear sign he and his entourage value more money and a better team over staying at the club he’s supposed to love.

Feel the same. Messi could have been compensated further down the road.

ronniecro

Got to be honest it’s frustrating he won’t sign a one year deal for whichever amount of money could mean he gets to stay. Of course he’s 34 and dedicated his best years to us so it’s hardly a sour taste left just a shame. Clear sign he and his entourage value more money and a better team over staying at the club he’s supposed to love.

tbh i wouldn't sign for anything less than what mercenary greasemann gets for nothing,or that bum dembele. sucks that club values them more than the biggest player in the history of the club

aragorn

People calling him greedy and stuff are so pathetic that it's beyond funny! The lad has been a free agent for over a month now, just got rid off a huge burden off his shoulder, had all the freedom to take whatever decision he could and earn a bigger paycheck by far than any sportsperson in the history would have had - but he waited for the most bizzardly run club to make their decision! Only for him to realize that he was being made a damn fool!!

And these dimwits are calling him greedy!

Leong157

He still gets millions from endorsements, and we paid him 500m over 4 years. Partially because of that contract we are in that Mess If I were him I would play for free with a gent contract to be reimbursed in full after a set period

I don't think so...

So,if you have received massive performance bonus last year and got side line jobs that pay well, you are ok with working fulltime without salary for your company for some months?

I don't think so...

Did he force them to pay these super-inflated contracts to everyone? Or to take the Neymar money and throw it away for muppets?

Barca was always a badly-run club - and the wage structure never made any sense. But that's on the leadership. It's logical that the pandemic crisis quickly revealed the losers of a system that rewards mediocrity over success.

Messigician

Did he force them to pay these super-inflated contracts to everyone? Or to take the Neymar money and throw it away for muppets?

Barca was always a badly-run club - and the wage structure never made any sense. But that's on the leadership. It's logical that the pandemic crisis quickly revealed the losers of a system that rewards mediocrity over success.

Yes, do you think Barto would give him that contract if the negotiations weren't brutal?

He was linked with city heavily at the time...

Messi's mistake was not leaving after the 2-8. He lost a year for nothing.

But now? He was way too generous, waiting for the Barca board to move. I would have started negotiations with the big European teams immediately after the Copa America win.

Messigician

So,if you have received massive performance bonus last year and got side line jobs that pay well, you are ok with working fulltime without salary for your company for some months?

If I am at the same company for 21 years and they promised to reimburse me later and I have more than enough money than any human should have.

Of course I owe it to the fans. My legacy is secured if I am Messi all I can do is add to it with this move and shown I truly love the club.

Messigician

Messi's mistake was not leaving after the 2-8. He lost a year for nothing.

But now? He was way too generous, waiting for the Barca board to move. I would have started negotiations with the big European teams immediately after the Copa America win.

He didn't wait lol.

Reports he talked with poch over the winter, and Neymar said he is definitely playing with Messi again while signing a new 5 year deal with PSG

KingLeo10

the simplest question they can ask him is whether he could have signed a contract with even bigger pay cut if he has all that love for Barca, I still didn't understand if that was possible, I'm not saying playing for free, that's ridiculous but instead of 20 mil a wage of 6-7-8 mil with an increase in the next years.

He might have, if the other players agreed to a wage cut too.

But no way is Messi playing for 6-7-8 M while Griezmann and maybe even Countinho/Dembele make more lol.

Yes, do you think Barto would give him that contract if the negotiations weren't brutal?

He was linked with city heavily at the time...

Barto was the president of Barca, not Messi's father. If he had thought Messi was too greedy, he shouldn't have accepted his terms and try to sell him to City or whatever. Messi has the right to ask for anything in a negotiation, Barto has the right to refuse everything.

Did Messi milk Barcelona? Yes. But Barcelona accepted to be milked, even offered Messi's father complete access to its udders.

Home of Barca Fans