Lionel Messi - v7

akaranzo

Messi has also said this ?Money is not a motivating factor. Money doesn?t thrill me or make me play better because there are benefits to being wealthy. I?m just happy with a ball at my feet. My motivation comes from playing the game I love. If I wasn?t paid to be a professional footballer I would willingly play for nothing.? ? Lionel Messi.

Get in touch with reality.

We asked him for a further pay cut after LaLiga rejected the contract hence why we flew in Jorge Messi he got angry and cut the meeting short so we decided we can no longer afford Messi and it's time to go.

It's very fucking clear what happened I think we have all moved on from that blame tebas and Laporta phase the moment the OSG links appeared so quickly

There's a difference if a player says these usual PR things in a post-match interview or when they're at a press conference about them leaving and they directly say a certain rumour was a lie. Why would he stand up there and lie about it now? He said he wasn't offered anything beyond the 50% reduction and that's what happened, and it makes sense. Like I said, the club realized that even with offering him another 30% wage reduction they would still be over the cap and they need to focus on the club not going bankrupt at this stage rather than trying to desperately resign Messi. So they never asked for anything else, because any kind of wage for Messi would be impossible and asking him to play for 0 euros would be an embarrassement.

Laplacian

Where's the 2008-2012 Barcelona squad team picture, with everyone but Messi, Pique, and Busquets greyed out. Time to update it! :(

Horatio

You're welcome
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

pain

Barcilliant

Where's the 2008-2012 Barcelona squad team picture, with everyone but Messi, Pique, and Busquets greyed out. Time to update it! :(
Time to get rid of Pique and Busquets. They are an embarrassment nowadays. Hope they are not here next season along with Alba and Ter Stegen.

serghei

Bayern havent had to deal with anything just yet. They will suffer and fall back to irrelevancy very soon.

Nah, the model is successful, but when you have clowns in charge, any model can be driven into chaos. You have privately owned clubs ran by guys who only care about profits, running the club as if they ran a McDonalds. With only a distant secondary interest in achieving success in the sport. Now that's a tough situation to be in.

sickstar

There's a difference if a player says these usual PR things in a post-match interview or when they're at a press conference about them leaving and they directly say a certain rumour was a lie. Why would he stand up there and lie about it now? He said he wasn't offered anything beyond the 50% reduction and that's what happened, and it makes sense. Like I said, the club realized that even with offering him another 30% wage reduction they would still be over the cap and they need to focus on the club not going bankrupt at this stage rather than trying to desperately resign Messi. So they never asked for anything else, because any kind of wage for Messi would be impossible and asking him to play for 0 euros would be an embarrassement.

Finally someone with a replica of my thought.

Mitchell1978

https://barcauniversal.com/report-laporta-decided-to-part-ways-with-lionel-messi-months-ago/

The departure of club legend and footballing icon Lionel Messi has been a tough blow for everyone in the Barcelona camp to take. The Argentine maestro spent a staggering 18 years defending the Garnet and blue stripes, and due to the club?s mismanagement of their own finances, he was forced to leave.

According to the reliable Marsal Llorente, Barcelona had already decided to part ways with Messi a month ago. Reportedly, both Joan Laporta and Bar?a CEO Ferran Reverter decided that Messi did not enter their economic plans, or fit into their salary limits.

Cognisant of this, Laporta then simulated negotiations until Messi would have to join the team in the preseason. The proof is with Pepe Costa, Messi?s right-hand man as well as the director of the Office of Attention to the Player. His contract ended on the 30th of June and despite that, he did not receive any renewal offer.

During his press conference, Laporta stated that the bare minimum in salary that Messi was willing to accept to play for the club was far too much for it to handle. Bar?a simply were incapable of paying what Messi asked for, and thus there would be no agreement because Laporta knew he was not going to sign.

Notwithstanding the club?s incapacity to sign Messi, Laporta went on to say that ?there will be three or four more signings? to go before the end of the window. This project would naturally be unfeasible given he knew that the wage bill exceeded 110% of the club?s income.

He concluded that Laporta kept up the lie until hours before Messi returned to Barcelona. His excuse being that it was the club?s financial limit that pushed him away now when in reality, the state of the club was exactly as it is now a month ago.

He told everyone that ?everything was going well? and that Messi would sign, when he knew none of the above could happen.

JamDav1982

Nah, the model is successful, but when you have clowns in charge, any model can be driven into chaos. You have sugar daddy clubs ran by guys who only care about profits, running the club as if they ran a McDonalds. With only a distant secobdary interesr in acheving success in the sport. Now that's a tough situation to be in.

That is the issue though... the model is much more difficult to recover from than ever before when have a bad period and harder to become best team in world and have power in market.

Bayern will have that also and they are not quite hoovering up all the talent from Germany either in way used to.

Newcomer

Bayern havent had to deal with anything just yet. They will suffer and fall back to irrelevancy very soon.

Bayern is very well managed and they can't really become irrelevant as long as German football is competitive. They have such an edge on their domestic market that they will never lack talents at low cost.

iniestaGOAT

In the end, he had to go someday. Its better to start the rebuild now, when we are not competing for anything. It's good for the club in long run. (Although I tihnk we can still compete for the league this season).We have president not scared of making tough decisions like.. letting Messi go.

It just sucks because we are in an era where one club players are rare, and he was so close to doing it. He was ours. You will me missed. My GOAT.

iniestaGOAT

That is the issue though... the model is much more difficult to recover from than ever before when have a bad period and harder to become best team in world and have power in market.

Bayern will have that also and they are not quite hoovering up all the talent from Germany either in way used to.

They are paying players like they are Arsenal or Spurs. They players are finally starting to complain about wages. Once their current crop retires, they will face similiar struggles like we are. Football is changing. They cant keep it up.

Home of Barca Fans