Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

Not really. United have earned their revenue in time being one of the top 5 clubs for so long under SAF. This can be done. 15 years ago AM was in segunda I think. Now they are a top 10 club ran with fairness and competence.

The problem with oil clubs, and PSG is worst of them all with Chelsea the "best", is that they want to acquire Barca/Madrid/United/Bayern etc. status record time purely by spending. It's aqcuired status in a long time vs bought status by financial doping in a matter of years. Of course at the base of most success in sports is money in one form of another, but by equalling Qatar with the acquired status of the big clubs over many decades you're brushing over a lot of differences.

I can't believe they're trying to justify it.

The fact they're picking apart teams like Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona.... is incredible. We have rich histories without spending big amounts of money to get there. They're trying to rush there without playing by the rules.

They should be thankful that a billionaire owner has pumped millions/billions in their club, but they're trying to attack other clubs for playing by the rules. There is a reason why a lot of people hate City, Chelsea and PSG. They all have egos, and they think they're doing this all legit. There is a reason why teams like PSG and City want the FFP gone.

If we were owned by a billionaire owner and spent beyond our means in regards to the FFP, you wouldn't see me attacking other clubs.

KingLeo10

E8RNZ-YWEAMofUm

Amazing trophy collection. Hope he wins a couple more CLs and becomes undisputed GOAT for 99% of football fans.

Messigician

Messi is the GOAT and he would have liked to stay if we could offer him competitive wages.

But we cannot do so while staying within LaLiga's salary cap and without the cvc deal.

We have decided to focus on the super league, Messi could have stayed if he truly wanted to but this team can't even beat salsburg and we have no sporting project for him to consider wasting his career here.

We thank you Messi for a fantastic time at Barcelona and this will always be your home.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
E8RNZ-YWEAMofUm

Amazing trophy collection. Hope he wins a couple more CLs and becomes undisputed GOAT for 99% of football fans.

Not to forget Argentina seem to have a settled team so a World Cup isn't unrealistic either. Especially with Messi coasting in Ligue 1 Uber Eats.

Less pressure for the players too after finally winning a trophy.

Nazario1985

Not really. United have earned their revenue in time being one of the top 5 clubs for so long under SAF. This can be done. 15 years ago AM was in segunda I think. Now they are a top 10 club ran with fairness and competence.

The problem with oil clubs, and PSG is worst of them all with Chelsea the "best", is that they want to acquire Barca/Madrid/United/Bayern etc. status record time purely by spending. It's aqcuired status in a long time vs bought status by financial doping in a matter of years. Of course at the base of most success in sports is money in one form of another, but by equalling Qatar with the acquired status of the big clubs over many decades you're brushing over a lot of differences.

So they need to obey some middle age law by going low profile for 30-40 years !

ManCity is the biggest spender

Chelsea is the slowest

PSG is the one going all in when it matter

More club will go like this.

Last time ManU was in a UCL final was a decade ago !! just when Qatar started taking over PSG.

Arsenal is even worse than ManU, no europa league no PL, are they entitled to spend and earn more than PSG/City/Chelsea ?

Clubs rise and falls like everything else, new comers in the big boys should be welcomed, and they have to find a way to do it, is it clean 100% of course no but so FCB/ManU ... etc they never have been clean in their history !!

I don't include RM & Bayern as they elevate above everyone in term of shady tactics

Horatio

You're welcome
How fast things gone.

One week we were all cheering for him while he was flaunting his wife's ass on insta. Next week he is leaving Barca.

Newcomer

I can't believe they're trying to justify it.

The fact they're picking apart teams like Man Utd, Real Madrid and Barcelona.... is incredible. We have rich histories without spending big amounts of money to get there. They're trying to rush there without playing by the rules.

They should be thankful that a billionaire owner has pumped millions/billions in their club, but they're trying to attack other clubs for playing by the rules. There is a reason why a lot of people hate City, Chelsea and PSG. They all have egos, and they think they're doing this all legit. There is a reason why teams like PSG and City want the FFP gone.

If we were owned by a billionaire owner and spent beyond our means in regards to the FFP, you wouldn't see me attacking other clubs.

"Man U, Real Madrid and Bar?a" with "not spending big amounts of money" in the same phrase.

KingLeo10

Not to forget Argentina seem to have a settled team so a World Cup isn't unrealistic either. Especially with Messi coasting in Ligue 1 Uber Eats.

Less pressure for the players too after finally winning a trophy.

If he wins a WC, we're talking Jordan tier legacy. 1 more CL and a WC and I would have him as GOAT across all sports.

I honestly see this departure as best for both parties. We needed a fresh start even if growing pains will be harsh in the first couple of years. He meanwhile has been bogged down by some absolute trash teammates last 2-3 seasons so now he can chill and collect some easier trophies.

FC433

You are applying some kind of moral value while we are talking about FFP. It is not EFP as in Ethical Fair play. If you complain about FFP, you don't take into consideration history otherwise Milan wouldn't have been in trouble being a much bigger club than MU.
PSG's main sponsorships are Qatar tourism, Ooredoo (Qatari company), QNB (Qatari company), Qatar Airways and the rest are here: https://en.psg.fr/club/sponsors

xxxxxx

Since you repeat people are saying Barcelona has ruined FFP, i looked at Bluemmon because you said those were the ones making that claim. Their thought process is that with the losses Bar?a incurred, they would never pass the traditional 4 (3+1 due to Covid) year long monitoring. Hence why, FFP has to change no matter what due to the situation. They were quite happy because it means they won't be annoyed by FFP anymore.

No. A lot of those City fans on there are idiots. There is a certain comment on there where someone said, "oh, it's PSG money.... let them do whatever they want." I'm pretty certain another comment said they can't wait till FFP is done. They can't shit talk PSG because they're doing exactly the same thing, which is why they're defending PSG's spending.

Their thought process is wrong. We may have had losses, but our net spending is way below theirs. We just don't have a billionaire owner to bail us out.

Home of Barca Fans