Lionel Messi - v7

Joan

Messi left because the club couldn't pay what he demanded. That's the whole stroy. I have no sympathy for his tears, eventhough it's normal. That's also the reason Laporta dodged the question what Messi's terms were, but Messi answered it himself. Goodbye and good luck.

Jadentheman

Messi is the GOAT and he would have liked to stay if we could offer him competitive wages.

But we cannot do so while staying within LaLiga's salary cap and without the cvc deal.

We have decided to focus on the super league, Messi could have stayed if he truly wanted to but this team can't even beat salsburg and we have no sporting project for him to consider wasting his career here.

We thank you Messi for a fantastic time at Barcelona and this will always be your home.

You're going into the green!

El Gato

Villarato!
Messi left because the club couldn't pay what he demanded. That's the whole stroy. I have no sympathy for his tears, eventhough it's normal. That's also the reason Laporta dodged the question what Messi's terms were, but Messi answered it himself. Goodbye and good luck.

Wasn't [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] 's point that they couldn't pay less than 50% of previous contract and therefore it wasn't about the demands made, but what was legally possible and the 50% reduction would still put current Barca over the limit?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

The club couldn't offer him a bigger salary reduction than 50% by Spanish Law.

That's why the club didn't even ask Messi about a bigger reduction. Just not legally possible.

Joan

Wasn't [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] 's point that they couldn't pay less than 50% of previous contract and therefore it wasn't about the demands made, but what was legally possible and the 50% reduction would still put current Barca over the limit?

I didn't read. That's new to me.

xxxxxx

I obviously hope for all the success in the world for Messi, but I know he's going to be hated by many if he signs for PSG. It's a shame.

serghei

The club couldn't offer him a bigger salary reduction than 50% by Spanish Law.

That's why the club didn't even ask Messi about a bigger reduction. Just not legally possible.

Can't this be dribbled somehow? Even more bonus points for Laporta if there is such a law and no option to go around it. His team is competent.

Home of Barca Fans