Lionel Messi - v7

El Gato

Villarato!
Check the replies he got , I actually think the guy got it wrong. Since I don't know Spanish I google translated that article 24 he mentioned , and I'm not seeing anything regarding 50 percent of the previous wages , unless something got lost in translation.

It also didn't seem that Laporta was wholly against the idea when asked about it during the conference, right? I thought he gave the reply as in 'it's up to Leo, we've done everything we could' rather than 'cannot be done, laws are there'.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Check the replies he got , I actually think the guy got it wrong. Since I don't know Spanish I google translated that article 24 he mentioned , and I'm not seeing anything regarding 50 percent of the previous wages , unless something got lost in translation.

Don't know if he got the article wrong there. Will see if he's pointed to the exact phrase.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Most PSG hates is because they are funded by Qatar, nobody talks about other dubious source of funding.

In 10-15 years it could be our model too, and people will love it.

Don't understand the attachment to this socio corrupted system of ours.

Thanks but no thanks. Subjecting the fate of the club at the mercy of some random and distant rich guy/gal/group that has nothing to do with the club is the saddest thing ever in football. Also not being able to vote the bums out. Thanks but no thanks.

Go support PSG or whatever.

serghei

Oh, didn't know that. Wonder why Laporta didn't say that when asked if Messi could stay for free or why Spanish journos wrote he accepted 70% reduction.

That piece of law is interpretative. Messi is not extending his contract, but signing as a free player. The previous contract expired so you can't even talk about a reduction because he is paid nothing atm.

I think it refers to contracts signed when another contract is already active. Otherwise the term decrease doesn't even have a legal sense since the player gets no wage being free.

Murky waters anyway.

Last edited:

eaman

What a clown aguero is, he only came to us to play with Messi. Never had the intention to play for barca, pathetic player. Selling him and keeping braithwaite would be the best option.

Rumours mightnt be true but if they are it's disgraceful. It's sn honour to play for a footballing giant like barca. How many other offers would an injury prone player have gotten from other giant clubs

Horatio

You're welcome
What a clown aguero is, he only came to us to play with Messi. Never had the intention to play for barca, pathetic player. Selling him and keeping braithwaite would be the best option.

I saw a video today of him talking to fans in the street from his car. He said "guys, relax, you have me all year". He seems pretty laid back and easy-going in general. Think he will make the best of his time at Barca(and no, don't mean asados and streaming)

snowy

If he wins a WC, we're talking Jordan tier legacy. 1 more CL and a WC and I would have him as GOAT across all sports.

Crossing fingers! The stars are aligning perfectly for this scenario. Argie's lookin good and PSG's attack will be surreal. Ramos will bring them the leadership and rumor mill's whispering they're looking at signing Koulicool. That's gonna be some entertaining football!

I honestly see this departure as best for both parties. We needed a fresh start even if growing pains will be harsh in the first couple of years. He meanwhile has been bogged down by some absolute trash teammates last 2-3 seasons so now he can chill and collect some easier trophies.

On our side, best (well, only) way forward is to scout new talents on the cheap. Wouldn't be surprised if we bring up Kays Ruiz-Atil from the B-team. Lot's of fast, talented, hungry players out there.
[MENTION=15570]Newcomer[/MENTION], did you watch the game vs Troyes yesterday? Just promoted from 2nd div, but they sure put up a good front and drew so many fouls. Kabor? and specially that Bald? guy were lightning quick and proactive. Amazing goal by Hakimi too :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Joan

That piece of law is interpretative. Messi is not extending his contract, but signing as a free player. The previous contract expired so you can't even talk about a reduction because he is paid nothing atm.

I think it refers to contracts signed when another contract is already active. Otherwise the term decrease doesn't even have a legal sense since the player gets no wage being free.

Mulky waters anyway.

True. And we don't know even if that clause exists.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Rumours mightnt be true but if they are it's disgraceful. It's sn honour to play for a footballing giant like barca. How many other offers would an injury prone player have gotten from other giant clubs

Maybe he thought 'Well lets go to MLS or china, play relaxed football and earn good money' but because of Messi he thought 'Well its worth to go to barca to play with leo' but he has been disappointed. These days players look more for money than big clubs and by the way he knows barca wont compete for cl so yeah his biggest motivation was probably really Messi.

Sorin

Sounds fishy, that article. So if Messi got badly injured in the last game of the previous season and was going to miss the whole new season, you mean to tell me we couldn't give him a contract worth less than 50% of his previous contract? What?

El Gato

Villarato!
Wouldn't be the first time [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] white knighted for Messi to make it seem like it was out of his hands

:mou:

serghei

What a shitshow though. We provided so much drama and hilarious moments these past 4 years :lol:.

Spielberg needs to take this script. Ted Lasso producers should watch it closely too. Free insipiration.

Home of Barca Fans