Lionel Messi - v7

Neeraj

I think I can get over the fact that he is leaving. Him joining PSG just leaves a really, really bad taste in the mouth. It just feels so icky and while I'd want his legacy to strengthen, my disgust for that pathetic club running by a pathetic country with a gang of pathetic mercenaries.....just makes me want that project to fail ever harder.

Sorin

Not that clear. Lowball contract (if possible) + getting rid of 1-2 high earners could have made it happen if these are the circumstances we're talking about.

Don't kid yourself thinking Jorge would not try to have his kid get paid like the legend he is.

You suck less without Leo. We only did fine until Ajax turned up in town.

More like 5 or 6 high earners.

Anyway, I'm not under any illusion that Messi would play for 10 bucks an hour, but even with 0 euro wage under his name, the fact remains that we would have had to clear half the damn team to be able to register him. Easier said than done, who the fuck would even agree to leave the comfort nest of tens of millions from the goodness of their hearts so that we could sign Messi. It's no their fucking problem so yeah, pretty much impossible and largely out his hands.

Joan

Anyway, I'm not under any illusion that Messi would play for 10 bucks an hour, but even with 0 euro wage under his name, the fact remains that we would have had to clear half the damn team to be able to register him. Easier said than done, who the fuck would even agree to leave the comfort nest of tens of millions from the goodness of their hearts so that we could sign Messi. It's no their fucking problem so yeah, pretty much impossible and largely out his hands.

We wouldn't really if we'd sign him under the 1 to 4 rule Tebas talked about. Not sure if Messi's wages count as reduction, but if so, he could get 1/4 of his old wages plus another fourth of what we clear. If not, he could've renewd.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't mind Real Madrid getting Mbappe, just not for free. Mbappe will help elevate La Liga and force us to up our game.

If both us and Real Madrid are weak, La Liga will truly turn into Serie A or something. Less money for all, gloomier future for all.

El Gato

Villarato!

Largely. But not entirely.
If Messi or Jorge had come out and publically said he'd play for minimal wage to sustain his living at Barcelona in order to make it happen, there'd be no doubt about the matter. But they didn't. Because, if interpretation of Spanish law is true, they clearly cared about respectable wage.

Then again TBH as much as I take the mick out of [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] 's idealistic sentiment, I do think Messi himself wouldn't want to be seen as a person for whom club would need to literally start tearing up contracts of his teammates.

Home of Barca Fans