Lionel Messi - v7

Ritchie

True. Koeman had to do this.

It's bad strategy though.

Meet with Messi, tell him how wonderful he is and how you want to rebuild the team with him at the heart of it but you're going to be making changes to the team, ask him to give it his all for next season and then see where things are. If he decided actually no i'm going to leave because I can't stay here without Suarez then that's on him. No need to disrespect him at the meeting unless he wanted him out anyway.

mesiesta

Imagine if he moves to PSG and takes a starting spot from his "amigo" (Di Maria).
Imagine if he moves to PSG, PSG wins CL and he takes Balon D'Or from his another "amigo" (Neymar)

Would be hillarious :lol:

Devils

Messi could easily build an amigos squad in PSG, while extending his career by playing in a much easier league. Could be the best thing for his career. Trident of Neymar-Messi-Mbappe, with Suarez coming off the bench. They would be untouchable in the champions league

lol that didn't work with prime MSN in 2/3 seasons.

Messi is 33. Neymar has clearly also declined. Saurez is finished. Mbappe is not going to be at PSG when Madrid comes calling.

Short-term solution, long-term disaster.

serghei

Messigician, just delivered the perfect steak of a trolling series of post. His masterpiece so far. Then put it back in the pan again and again and again, and now it is just an old shoe sole.

Wambo

Thank you Lionel for all these years and being part of my childhood. The club has been failing at signing quality players since 2014, it's not your fault. Farewell Amigo.

raskolnikov

Messi stays, amigos stay, board resigns = AC Milan 2.0

Messi leaves, amigos leave, board forced to leave = Rebuild for 3-4 years

Ideal scenario: Messi stays, amigos leave, board leaves (almost impossible)
Yes, exactly. Between scenario 1 and 2 the first scenario is the less worse.
Would still hurt to never see Messi play for barca again

Xaviniesta

do people actually think messi will take his family to england/italy/france when they've lived in barcelona their whole lives?

this is just a power play move like many on here have already said

FinBarcelonafan

Imagine if he moves to PSG and takes a starting spot from his "amigo" (Di Maria).
Imagine if he moves to PSG, PSG wins CL and he takes Balon D'Or from his another "amigo" (Neymar)

Would be hillarious :lol:

Don't worry, Marquinhos would steal the "ball" from Messi and give it to Neymar. Deja Vu.

Tackle

Nothing is official, but Bartomeu will resign if it means that Messi stays. [Via @_AdrianSnchz ]

If Bartomeu resigns, Koeman likely steps down as well, or at the very least does not have an effective mandate anymore.

It's all coming together. Longer this goes on, the more I doubt Leo leaves.

Home of Barca Fans