Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1298344157191090176

"It is not confirmed, but Bartomeu could resign if it means that Messi stays."
@_AdrianSnchz

He's not going to resign. He'll have to pay money from his own pockets to leave.

I love Messi and all.... but if all the board leaves, Koeman leaves and we keep Suarez, this will be the biggest joke in football history. You're basically giving up all your power to a player, who only has 1 year left on his contract.... and is 33. Messi can't keep playing forever. lol

fergus90

There are people here who probably fell in love with football and Barca because of Messi and that's totally understandable, so it's always going to be tough for them to imagine Barca without Messi. Maybe though it's time to see a Barca that relies on 3 players to score 20 goals each rather than one man scoring 40-45 of them. To have a functional midfield that creates for their front line and not rely on that same guy to create 20 assists too. That we can have two midfielders able to get 10 assists a piece.

The Messi dependence is getting us nowhere fast, the board has hid behind it for too long too. Barca has been treated like the Harlem globetrotters going to the States and Japan in one pre-season for example, more concerned with marketing than getting players ready for the new season or recruiting the right players. If Messi has to go to facilitate the rebuild that Barca has needed for 4 years then so be it. No Messi means no more papering over enormous cracks.

Porque

As I posted above, our fans have a Jerome Krause type of idea about rebuild.
The board has leaked shit for media for years.
Yes, we have old squad that needs to leave, but that doesn't mean we scapegoat the players.
In past 10 days the board took the blame from itself, looked like innocent management who hired the perfect guy and then went hard after the players.
There was zero respect for those players.
There was plenty of disrespect for them from the media that is leaked bu the board.
the sporting director attacked the player themselves.
the club didn't try for a second to handle things internally.
May be, just may that Messi wanted the club acting professionally? May be trying to work with them and handle this like a pro? instead of throwing players under the bus, even if those players deserve to leave?
May be we need to realize that the board care about nothing but themselves? when they are supposed to care about the club? At least with the players they are employee who has the right to take care of themselves. The board however have no right to throw others under the bus to protect themselves.
When a club legend like Pouol, who himself worked under Bartou as Zubi assistant support Messi decision to leave, it speaks volume about the board-player relation. This is way beyond the whole amigo nonsense

Maybe because we lost 8 2. After the previous manager left the players to manage themselves because they thought they knew best.

Setien even symbolically hung himself on a cross around the 70minute mark as a sacrifice to what was to come, to be resurrected in 7 days.

neo_wolf

Im am sad that Messi will leave and in this way, but im not going to bash our greatest player ever who has given us the best era in our history.

MESSI THE GOAT, i hope he does well wherever he goes.

Marshall D Teach

Imagine if he moves to PSG and takes a starting spot from his "amigo" (Di Maria).
Imagine if he moves to PSG, PSG wins CL and he takes Balon D'Or from his another "amigo" (Neymar)

Would be hillarious :lol:

More like he goes to PSG and walks every game along with Suarez. Tuchel bends the knee or gets fired in favor of Valverde. They get humiliated 8-2 by Bayern. Or maybe this time they'll blow a 5-0 lead to Roma.

BusiTheKing

I don't really have the same sympathy for Leo as I did two or three seasons ago. Some time this season, I reached my limit of how many times I could watch him not bother with running, helping out teammates, pressing. I used to excuse it, but his goodwill just ran out.

I think it's time for him to go.

serghei

It's a poetic end for Barto. Stabbed in the back by the Amigos he supported for all this time, after he finally had the guts to move the club past them. :lol:

Too bad fans are like sheep.

KingLeo10

If Koeman is gone as a result of this and Messi stays, then even the staunchest Messi fans can no longer remotely defend his actions behind the scenes.

I sincerely hope it doesn't happen. I hope he stays firm to his intentions and leaves.

Marshall D Teach

I don't really have the same sympathy for Leo as I did two or three seasons ago. Some time this season, I reached my limit of how many times I could watch him not bother with running, helping out teammates, pressing. I used to excuse it, but his goodwill just ran out.

I think it's time for him to go.

The way he backed Valverde after Anfield is where I lost my patience with him.

Home of Barca Fans