Lionel Messi - v7

xxxxxx

It sucks for Koeman and I'd feel for him, but he's not good enough for Barcelona. It's time to hire world class coaches, not just coaches with "links" to our club.

This is just a clusterfuck. We're now going to buyout Koeman's contract.

I don't get what Messi is trying to accomplish here. Even if Bartomeu leaves, we have no money to change the team. Regardless of what board comes in, we're never going to compete at the top level for a while...... most likely after Messi's retired. Our salary is too high, we have too many aging and average players. We're doomed regardless.

Messi983

It sucks for Koeman and I'd feel for him, but he's not good enough for Barcelona. It's time to hire world class coaches, not just coaches with "links" to our club.

Yeah, because worldclass managers are just waiting to come into our mess where they'd have basically no power to make impactful decisions.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is only true if there is a plan in place and a project to move forward without Messi.

I think we can all conclude with 99.9% certainty that there is absolutely no plan or project in place for post-Messi.

True, however I'd think with the sense of urgency that we no longer have Messi and the wage money he is freeing up we will be getting our acts together in a more sensible and urgent fashion.

If Messi stays we will keep relying on him until he can't play anymore.

Morten

If he just wanted Barto gone, he could have done this powerplay a while ago.
Now? This also feels like a big F-you to Koeman, who was hired by Barto.

5ergio_Busquets

Serious question: At this stage when the new season is about to start shouldn't Messi already be discussing the details of his contract with his new club if he really has the intention to leave? There isn't even any credible rumour about any club trying to sign him! And it isn't like there are countless clubs who can afford his wages. Right now it is just "he is leaving" or "wanting to leave" when it should be "has an agreement with this club".

Home of Barca Fans