Lionel Messi - v7

Messigician

And what exactly does this accomplish for the CLUB (NOT MESSI) if he stays and Barto leaves? You do realize this most likely means Koeman is gone too? This is just delaying the inevitable rebuild. This is very frustrating to watch.

LMFAO you think I want Koeman after the way he talked to Messi and Suarez?

Richard.H

This is not a situation where you can just get rid of Barto and expect everything to proceed normally thereafter. Newly appointed interim President will be scared shitless of upsetting Messi. No chance of Suarez leaving in that scenario.

Ya, some users here most be younger than 15. The implications of this are far-reaching. New president would need to be a eunuch and accept everything Messi demands. It also sends horrible implications to Koeman, who would most likely be forced to resign if his 1 minute phone calls to Suarez and Vidal are true. You can't fuk with the Messi mafia and come out alive.

Marshall D Teach

Imagine a player getting his coach fired after one conversation where he's basically told that he's not the coach.

No manager above the level of EV/Setien would touch us with a six foot pole.

Regardless, I don't think any top manager will want Messi on their team after this. So he's not going to City.

Raketa10

Pep won't sign him for one reason, he would lost the power he has over the players. By signing Leo, Pep would become no.2 there and he can't afford that. City won't sign Leo. If Leo goes he will probably go to PSG or Inter.

Latschenkiefer

Terrible if this happens and I don't necessarily mean it in a sporting way. This guy is probably the biggest legend this club and the whole league will ever have and him leaving in this shitty CR7-fuck-you-all manner between the seasons is just unbelievable. Look at Totti's or Kahn's goodbyes. This is how he should go. Even if it means him mostly sitting on the bench next year.

Ritchie

Serious question: At this stage when the new season is about to start shouldn't Messi already be discussing the details of his contract with his new club if he really has the intention to leave? There isn't even any credible rumour about any club trying to sign him! And it isn't like there are countless clubs who can afford his wages. Right now it is just "he is leaving" or "wanting to leave" when it should be "has an agreement with this club".

And how can he settle with his family in a new country in a matter of weeks as well as a new football club and country and during a pandemic to boot?

I think he wants to leave the club, but I don't think he wants to uproot his family right now. Should have just seen out his contract while awaiting his next move, see what looks likely with the new board etc. Instead he's massively thrown his toys out the pram and backed himself into a corner.

Last edited:

.blitzer

1. Messi wants to dethrone this shitty board because he believes nothing can be achieved with them and wants to start the new project.

2. Messi wants to dethrone this shitty board because he wants to keep his amigos

3. Messi doesn't believe Bar?a can be competitive while he can still perform at a high level

1 is great. 3 is acceptable.

KingLeo10

e027d42639817d71549164d7efa19475.jpg

Not going to lie, this is the best farewell any club legend has gotten anywhere.

Xaviniesta

Imagine a player getting his coach fired after one conversation where he's basically told that he's not the coach.

No manager above the level of EV/Setien would touch us with a six foot pole.

Regardless, I don't think any top manager will want Messi on their team after this. So he's not going to City.

must've learnt these mafia tactics from his crooked father and brother. It's in the family DNA

Home of Barca Fans