Lionel Messi - v7

serghei

I don't know what's worse. Messi stays and Bartomeu leaves or Messi leaves and Bartomeu stays. It seems to me that it would be best for the club for both of them to leave.

Bartomeu is already scheduled to leave. Why would anyone do that to Koeman? If he came, he for sure had a clear agreement with Bartomeu who guaranteed him full powers to set the foundation for a rebuild of the team. Bartomeu is scheduled to leave in about half a year. Him remaining president ensures Koeman the continuity he needs to continue the work he has started.

This is pretty clear to me. Bartomeu started a rebuilding process after the 8-2 historical embarrassment (something he should have done years ago) by investing Koeman with full powers, something nobody since Lucho had. Koeman is a totally different animal in terms of mentality, ambition, authority, than guys like Valverde and Setien. This irked the veterans the wrong way, because they felt signaled out. Especially once Koeman started to make some things clear that the way of doing things in the team will change.

kattanib

Why the fuck would any Barca fan want Messi to leave? Greatest ever Barca player and still the best in the world who should retire at this club.

The key is in being a Barca Fan and wishing the club what is best at this moment. Today given the fax that has been sent.

mc_lovin

Why should he be allowed to leave for free (unless he has a clause)? Demand a realistic fee and be done with it. He deserves a smooth exit, but that doesnt mean we should bend over.

fergus90

Honestly the grass at City right now isn't as green as usual and Pep is genuinely being questioned for his ability to win the CL and the state of the defence after all the money spent. I genuinely don't think he stays if they don't win the league or CL this coming season. Not sure Messi would upsticks to Manchester all things considered.

blaugrana1987

How can you easily dismiss the amigos theory when there are such tweets?
Such tweets? Which are these? And amigos theory js dismissed because it makes 0 logical sense. It rests on argument that Messi wants to spend his last 2-3 years dragging this old and tired team until we get blown away in CL and go trophyless just because he wants to play with his friends.

Home of Barca Fans