Lionel Messi - v7

Nazario1985

While I support Koeman, lets wait and see how he actually does ON the field and not just off it. Setien and Valverde also talked the talk before

He needs time and a lot of time, specially if no Messi as their will be no transition.

Some people stated in this very thread that wining the league the same as the CL which a hover hyped trophy, if that's the case just bring EV back he will farm it for you !

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Would someone care to explain me how Bartomeu resigning earlier and the elections being held in November at the earliest is going to torpedo Koeman's project?

The club can continue to keep making signings and other moves with a temporary board, the precedent is there.

Quoting for next page.

serghei

Would someone care to explain me how Bartomeu resigning earlier and the elections being held in November at the earliest is going to torpedo Koeman's project?

The club can continue to keep making signings and other moves with a temporary board, the precedent is there.

Because Koeman negociated with Bartomeu. He only came because Bartomeu offered him full powers.

DonAK

Because Koeman negociated with Bartomeu. He only came because Bartomeu offered him full powers.

And that will change how? Do you guys realize that the footballing management structure will stay in place even if the board resigns?

fergus90

I look forward to Antonella's Instagram video next year of Messi driving around a rainy Stockport in a bucket hat and Stone Island jacket listening to "your twisting my melon man".

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If he truly does not want to be here, then he should be allowed to leave.
If he is willing to stay here with some conditions, then the club should do everything to meet them and have him stay.

But the disrespect towards him is disgusting. So many on here are convinced that he only wants to leave because Suarez is being pushed out and Koeman wants to change things.

100% of the blame in this situation should be towards Rosell/Bartomeu and the rest of their crew. They are being let off easy on here while most of the vitriol is being directed towards Messi.

Messi has many legit reasons to be upset with the club and the situation he found himself in. That said, he was a part of the 3-years-in-a-row debacle so he himself is not blameless.

He made us and the club also made him.

If he wants to leave, we should let him leave, period.

DonAK

Because you are not sure the next president will even support Koeman.

Laporta have suggested that Koeman will continue if he does well. The election will come down to him or Jordi Roche if he runs. Not like we will sack him mid-season and hire a new guy.

Besides, Koeman need to do well to keep his job too. As well as you can expect I guess.

KingLeo10

I think the only way Koeman's powers are undermined is if the seniors he wanted out like Suarez are somehow still here.

I think most boards would respect him and grant him authority to do what he wants as he is a true Barca legend.

In fact, the major worry against Koeman is that "Xavi or bust" Victor Font, provided Koeman is doing well.

serghei

Laporta have suggested that Koeman will continue if he does well. The election will come down to him or Jordi Roche if he runs.

I prefer not to mess with things. Koeman is getting things done and things should continue in this line until elections in March. Bartomeu can't do anything anymore, the man with the power atm in the team is Koeman.

JamDav1982

No temporary board with no influence will come in and make transfers when rebuild is needed.

All the temporary board did in 2015 was make the transfers already agreed which the next board if elected could cancel.

You claiming Barto not to blame for Arda/Vidal etc?

kattanib

Quoting for next page.

Things could be fine and go great, thats a possibility. But another possibility is that whoever takes over takes away the freedom given to Koeman and returns certain privileges to some players in order to manage PR crisis. Or maybe he has a different opinion of what Barca needs and its not Koeman.

If Barto stays, we at least finally increase the likelihood that Suarez, Raki, Vidal and maybe others go. With Barto leaving there is always a possibility of all amigos or some amigos changing their opinion

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans