Lionel Messi - v7

JamDav1982

others in here already comparing us with ajax from 2 seasons ago. like we suddenly get team chemistry and all our expensive flops and kids start producing the goods. koeman turns out to be sir alex in the end.

What is reality for Barca next season and for Messi at City?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Winning the league with City wouldn't really be that big of achievement considering their only challenger is Liverpool (maybe Chelsea if the new signings gel) + with the amount of money they spend.

a CL would be huge though and this is the trophy City want most. ironically if you want league titles, Messi is your man. if you want a CL.. well, you know who..

Haven't worked out well for Juve has it lol? Gone from two finals in four years and getting eliminated by eventual champions to losing to Lyon.

Sorin

A team that have won two of the last three league titles and likely to spend well over 300m if Messi fee happens can expect to be favourites for league.

Did I say otherwise? I said that Liverpool are still a better team next year since they have continuity and a better defence. On paper City were favorites last year too. We all saw what happened and I believe it will happen this year too.

JamDav1982

Did I say otherwise? I said that Liverpool are still a better team next year since they have continuity and a better defence. On paper City were favorites last year too. We all saw what happened and I believe it will happen this year too.

Folk playing down what Messi can achieve already...

Givenchy

Haven't worked out well for Juve has it lol? Gone from two finals in four years and getting eliminated by eventual champions to losing to Lyon.

Big difference between Juve and Man City tbf.

if I had a world class solid team like City with Pep as manager and you gave me the option to sign 1 player to win a CL.. it would still be Ronaldo

KingLeo10

Shouldn't really matter in the CL if you have you know who...

:lol: I thought this CR7 solo myth died a while back.

Casual reminder: CR7 from 08-11 played Barca 5 games in CL.

0 goals, 0 assists in the 5 games and lost a final and semi against us.

He's obviously one of the best ever but he's not and will never be a CL solo'er.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He doesnt think he can win it on his own. He chooses clubs think can win trophies and will want out if thinks team mates not good enough.

Well, then he is stupid then because that Juve team never was better than Real Madrid, or had a better future.

Givenchy

No one forced CR to go to Juve. He thought he could win it on his own and he was wrong, which is something you implied too.

I didn't imply Ronaldo could win a CL on his own :lol:

I said if you want to win a CL, Ronaldo is your man. the greatest CL player of all time with clutch goals.

Messi is the greatest league player of all time with his consistency.

If you have a team as good as City, adding Ronaldo with his clutch goals and mentality may just be enough to get them over the line. Messi is the better player but Ronaldo really has dominated the CL

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans