Lionel Messi - v7

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
From what I've seen, at least from the folks I know who live in the UK, they are looking forward to see Messi play in the PL even if it's for a rival team or a team they don't really like.

Batistuta9

:lol: Also hilarious how he was City's foremost lawyer on these forums the past several years but has now taken to criticizing them for "tactical fouls".

I think that might have to do with someone from Barca being linked with them lol. I'm pretty sure he was saying pep and man city wouldn't go near Messi a few weeks ago

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Btw, La Liga's domestic broadcasting deal is up soon I believe so Javier Tebas must be depressed. The talent drain in La Liga is evident so the price of the product won't be as much as he hoped for.

Adversus

third place most likely. sevilla has CL to think about next season and won't have the squad to keep up in la liga also. villareal is looking good and might chalenge for 4-3 position. all the others are shit.

messi leaving will send the club into disarray at least until we get a new board. luckily no fans in the stadium to boo week in week out.

at city, messi will for sure win a cup and maybe the league. depends on his form and potential injuries, but i see him as winning best player in the league. don't know about CL as that is hard to predict anyway.
Wow. This is a really good point. When you think about it for this reason alone this is the best time for Messi to leave.

At City he will most likely play the role that David Silva played who coincidentally retired at the end of the season.

JamDav1982

I think that might have to do with someone from Barca being linked with them lol. I'm pretty sure he was saying pep and man city wouldn't go near Messi a few weeks ago

I did say that you are right. If wrong its only football and can handle it.

Will be intrigued to see how it works out.

Btw, La Liga's domestic broadcasting deal is up soon I believe so Javier Tebas must be depressed. The talent drain in La Liga is evident so the price of the product won't be as much as he hoped for.

La Liga has already fallen behind.

The quality of mid to lower table is poor and worse than a lot of the leagues that get called out as shite.

EPL is going to grow and grow and other leagues like France and Germany have the better talent coming through, better structure and often the better coaches.

Jadentheman

Yep no more superstars in La Liga. Make matters worse Spansih teams aren't performing well in champions league so La Liga's relevance and revenue will sink down

Richard.H

La Liga has already fallen behind.

The quality of mid to lower table is poor and worse than a lot of the leagues that get called out as shite.

EPL is going to grow and grow and other leagues like France and Germany have the better talent coming through, better structure and often the better coaches.

It comes and goes in cycles. Before 2009, EPL and Italian clubs were dominating the CL and had the larger chunk of talent. Both Barca and RM will produce/buy good talent again, might not be for another 3-4 seasons though

serghei

I expect without Messi comfortably top 3 without challenging for the title for about 2 years. I wouldn't rule out even a slight improvement in the CL even on short term if the intensity and workrate levels of the team improve by a lot.

At this point, having Messi dosn't garantee anything more than a title challenge in Spain with Madrid being still clear favorite. If there was a time to move on from Messi it's now. It's just a shame about the 2-8 being his last game. That's the only part that sucks.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I expect without Messi comfortably top 3 without challenging for the title for about 2 years. I wouldn't rule out even a slight improvement in the CL even on short term if the intensity and workrate levels of the team improve by a lot.

If it was RM of 10-18, then 0 shot.

I actually think we have chances with a couple of decent signings (Donny, a LB). We won't be able to beat them H2H in Clasicos but those other games where they slip points...if we remain focused...

JamDav1982

Barca even if sign no one would be top three.

Better to rid club of who can and leave funds until next summer.

Finish top three. Blood as many youngsters as can and get to CL QF would be fine if making steps for future.

Sevilla are not challenging Barca and are losing Banega, Regullion etc.

KingLeo10

RM put together a really good 2nd half of the season in LL and were aided to the heavens by VAR.

Won't happen again. I see them as 85 point team next season. I think we can get to 80. Luck may play a part in the other 5.

serghei

If it was RM of 10-18, then 0 shot.

I actually think we have chances with a couple of decent signings (Donny, a LB). We won't be able to beat them H2H in Clasicos but those other games where they slip points...if we remain focused...

Madrid are also known to have disaster seasons in La Liga out of the blue. If they fuck up to such a degree in a season, I don't rule out winning the title even in reconstruction mode.

We need a couple of good signings who will click fast.

Home of Barca Fans