Lionel Messi - v7

George_Costanza

If they have unlimited money why would they need to? Swap deals almost never materialise.

City will gain so much by signing the best player in the history. Gain in term of marketing, sale, recognition and reputation.

If I was a City owner I would pay little above 200m for a chance to sign Messi. No guarantee Messi would leave next summer on free in an election year.

Messigician

Contrary to news from the morning, reports are now claiming that Jorge Messi will NOT be traveling to Manchester or Barcelona in the coming days, and Messi will NOT be speaking publicly soon. [@ESPNDeportes via @Elwood_White]

Se Queda

Newcomer

Sounds like you're waiting for Messi to win something outside of Barca as another part of PSG's revenge on Barca, dawg.

Did Jair hijack your account?

:valverde:
Why would i want Manchester City to win ?
I want PSG to win the CL.

I don't see how Messi winning at another club would make me happy when i could just hope for Neymar to win it with us.

It was a genuine question because it hurt when we lost in CL final with our academy player scoring the only goal. Coman is nowhere near what Messi represents for Bar?a and its fans.

kattanib

Contrary to news from the morning, reports are now claiming that Jorge Messi will NOT be traveling to Manchester or Barcelona in the coming days, and Messi will NOT be speaking publicly soon. [@ESPNDeportes via @Elwood_White]

Se Queda

Eunuch, and we all know why

Newcomer

That's bullshit. Neymar, Mbappe, Cavani, Marquinhos and Di Maria are all on big salaries there. There's no way they can also afford to pay for Messi's salary without breaking the FFP. Considering Man City have a lot of money, their wage structure is actually pretty decent. They only pay around 135m euros a year in salaries. PSG pay over 300m a year in salaries.... and that's without Thiago Silva's salary.

Besides, Man City play much better football, and they have Pep and Aguero there. Let's be honest here, PSG play shit football.

Lmao.

First link i get by googling "manchester city wage bill" gives me 260 M ? for 2019/2020.
Weird how you found their wage bill to be half the cost of the other big clubs.

Second, Thiago Silva and Cavani are not PSG players anymore.

Other than that the article is still bs and Messi will leave to join Pep. Pep is at Manchester City, so it will be City.

I'm still laughing at you wanting him to go to City because they play beautiful football when you should be rooting for your team to get the most money from him leaving. Messi is clearly not worrying about you when he is asking to leave for free via his clause.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Honestly, whilst catching up on the discussion in this thread, it is actually encouraging how even after the intial shock of our club captain and best ever player announcing he wants to leave, that the forum has still retained the usual high hearted bantering.
Most other club forums would have been in complete disarray and been unreadable for weeks.

Home of Barca Fans