Lionel Messi - v7

Raketa10

What is Messi's plan exactly? To sit at home and wait for Barto to give up? This is absolutely unacceptable from him! Even fucking Neymar showed at PSG training ground last year when he had to!

Andrew M

I'm beginning to think that this is just about money. I am hearing some ridiculous figures being thrown around and Messi just wants one last huge pay check. I doubt City win CL. Maybe Messi can win Balon Dor destroying the epl but the cl requires luck and a great TEAM.

I'm sure he could get close to the same if he left for free next year too. I don't think it's money

blaugrana1987

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">❗The club want to renew Messi's contract for two years with a salary of close to ?100M gross annually. But Bar?a are not optimistic with City being favourites to sign him. [espn]</p>— Bar?a Universal (@BarcaUniversal) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1300387673496981504?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">❗Bar?a plan to reply to Messi's burofax which outlined why he would not attend preseason as well as a request for Bar?a to reconsider his stance on leaving the club. [espn]</p>— Bar?a Universal (@BarcaUniversal) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarcaUniversal/status/1300388050434834432?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">August 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
I reckon Messi is responsible for solid amount of our 1B revenue, and club knows it. If Ronaldo generates hundreds of millions, I think Messi will probably bring 2x that to MC/PL, and Barto and La Liga head honchos know it.

blaugrana1987

What is Messi's plan exactly? To sit at home and wait for Barto to give up? This is absolutely unacceptable from him! Even fucking Neymar showed at PSG training ground last year when he had to!
He thinks he has a case, unlike Neymar who didn't have anything similar in his contract. Him coming to trainings, when he wants to leave and club won't even pick up a phone (and is willing to DOUBLE his salary) is probably bad idea.

Andrew M

He thinks he has a case, unlike Neymar who didn't have anything similar in his contract. Him coming to trainings, when he wants to leave and club won't even pick up a phone (and is willing to DOUBLE his salary) is probably bad idea.

It said 100 mill gross not net. Same salary

Hardy

Messi's legal team continue to argue that he has already unilaterally rescinded his contract with the club. For that reason, the forward didn't turn up for the start of preseason on Sunday.
@moillorens

blaugrana1987

It said 100 mill gross not net. Same salary
Aha, so from "Leo will be free to go before his last season because he is such a legend" to "We won't be picking up a phone, but here is extra 2 year deal for 100M a year". Jesus we are fucked, so fucked.

Who knows how much COVID rocked us. I see RM are in surplus with their transfers this season, compared to them we are tragically ran club.

Sterlingfan2000

That Salary seems quite funny compared to the 500Million Net(750M Gross) he weill get from Abu Dhabi

I slowly Understand now why Messi father Bought Appartments in Italy. The rumoured Signing Fee of 250Million from City could go into a Italian Bank Account and he would save all taxes.

blaugrana1987

That Salary seems quite funny compared to the 500Million Net(750M Gross) he weill get from Abu Dhabi

I slowly Understand now why Messi father Bought Appartments in Italy. The rumoured Signing Fee of 250Million from City could go into a Italian Bank Account and he would save all taxes.
Isn't that for 2+3 years? In this case, it would be 300M gross if he remained in Barca for next 3 seasons?

Ritchie

I'm beginning to think that this is just about money. I am hearing some ridiculous figures being thrown around and Messi just wants one last huge pay check. I doubt City win CL. Maybe Messi can win Balon Dor destroying the epl but the cl requires luck and a great TEAM.

It's about money for Barca as well.

The club want to sell him for a decent fee and lose his wages. If they can actually do that then it'll be for the best if they can use that money to get good young players in.

blaugrana1987

Yes but he gets 3x the net amount from City
But for 5 years. I get that he gets more in City deal (if he goes to NY) but its not 3x. Its 750M for 5 years vs 300M for 3 years in Barcelona. Deal is definitely more lucrative, but he literally doesn't want to stay in this Barcelona team (neither would I, especially after Barto has acted the way he did - not picking up phone, flat out ignoring his request and giving him +2 more years, its embarrassing).

Raketa10

Imagine if he signs for City and fails to win both CL and PL in his first year. Pep could be fired in that case. To be fair Pep will be under enormous pressure next season and I am not sure if he can win anything with such a horrible defense.

Home of Barca Fans