Lionel Messi - v7

blaugrana1987

Imagine if he signs for City and fails to win both CL and PL in his first year. Pep could be fired in that case.
Imagine that being tragic case scenario, when its quite literally 100% guaranteed to happen in Barca for at least next 2-3 years. And then people wonder why he wants to spend his last few years and try to win something.

Messigician

Imagine if he signs for City and fails to win both CL and PL in his first year. Pep could be fired in that case. To be fair Pep will be under enormous pressure next season.

Liverpool are way stronger.

City have no defence or CDM.

Rodri, Cancelo, Mendy, Ederson, Otamendi, Stones not good enough.

Only Laporte is title winning quality

Raketa10

Imagine that being tragic case scenario, when its quite literally 100% guaranteed to happen in Barca for at least next 2-3 years. And then people wonder why he wants to spend his last few years and try to win something.

It's not even similar. He can fail to win anything with Barca for the rest of his career and he will still be our greatest legend. However, if he fails to win anything with City their supporters will turn on him for sure! He can easily damage his legacy if he fails in Manchester.

Messigician

It's not even similar. He can fail to win anything with Barca for the rest of his career and he will still be the biggest club legend. However, if he fails to win anything with City their supporters will turn on him for sure! He can easily damage his legacy if he fails in Manchester.

If he fails he will lose GOAT status.

Big risk from him to do this now.

Raketa10

Well that's what I am saying. IMHO he is risking a big portion of his legacy with this move. Moreover, he is doing all of that with 33y of age in the most physical league on the planet.

Messi983

Messi's legal team continue to argue that he has already unilaterally rescinded his contract with the club. For that reason, the forward didn't turn up for the start of preseason on Sunday.
@moillorens

If they are so sure he's a free agent then why he hasn't signed with City yet?

blaugrana1987

It's not even similar. He can fail to win anything with Barca for the rest of his career and he will still be our greatest legend. However, if he fails to win anything with City their supporters will turn on him for sure! He can easily damage his legacy if he fails in Manchester.
As long as his attacking output is similar to one in Barca (and it will be higher no doubt), then no, he won't be turned on to by their fans. If their defense is bad thats where they will turn on to, and not Messi (like we are not blaming Messi for La Liga loss).
You think we can't win against a shit Madrid?
We have 0 chance. How are they shit and we will win, when we are the ones getting worse and they are getting better?

khaled_a_d

It will be like Maradona with Seville, a legend at his end of his career.
Messi legacy is set in stone.

Raketa10

Their fans will turn on him and Pep for sure if they fail to win PL or CL during the next season. I have zero doubts about that. It's not like they will be satisfied with QF of CL or FA cup win.

Messigician

Just saw the stats and wow they're damning mate.

Ucl goals from losing position Ronaldo
23 Messi 5

Most goals from quarters to final
Ronaldo 41 Messi 16

Away goals scored since 20l3 in knockout stage
Ronaldo 12 Messi 0

Goals scored when their teams were knocked out Ronaldo 11 Messi 2.

I'm shocked...

Raketa10

It will be like Maradona with Seville, a legend at his end of his career.
Messi legacy is set in stone.

How can you even compare today's City with Sevilla? City is obligated to compete for all trophies while Sevilla was just a team that no one actually cared about except their fans. Like it or not he will be under enormous pressure there, together with Pep. On the other side, if he manages to win PL and CL with City I am not sure if that will change anything in his career? People will keep complaining he hasn't won WC with Argentine. To be fair he can't gain much career wise in Manchester. A risky move for a 33y old player.

Last edited:

henias

Well he gets criticism more in Argentina and gets criticism for not moving out of his comfort zone, Barca.
Damn if he does, damn if he doesn't. So rather than be surrounded by yes men in his club all the time, and play with the most broken team without without a proper striker or wingers and a team that conceded 8 goals, i think it's still best if he moves on. PL can be physical but it's still good to raise his physical threshold than face comfortable minnows in La Liga. The only thing that concerns me is his stamina and fatigue level, to rotate often is key and thats what Pep does alot and rest him for big CL matches.

If he gets a considerable amount of goals, I think it's still considered a success whether or not he does win a title.

khaled_a_d

How can you even compare today's City with Sevilla? City is obligated to compete for all trophies while Sevilla was just a team that no one actually cared about except their fans. Like it or not he will be under enormous pressure there, together with Pep. On the other side, if he manages to win PL and CL with City I am not sure if that will change anything in his career? People will keep complaining he hasn't won WC with Argentine. To be fair he can't gain much career wise in Manchester. A risky move for a 33y old player.

Lol, like it or not it is the other way around.
He is 33, his legacy is set in stone.
Look at all legends of old days, no one really cares about what they have done in their 30's.
Never mind City isn't exactly that popular of club, getting Messi will increase their marketability a lot. They win with him even if they lose.

JamDav1982

Just saw the stats and wow they're damning mate.

Ucl goals from losing position Ronaldo
23 Messi 5

Most goals from quarters to final
Ronaldo 41 Messi 16

Away goals scored since 20l3 in knockout stage
Ronaldo 12 Messi 0

Goals scored when their teams were knocked out Ronaldo 11 Messi 2.

I'm shocked...

Ronaldo has been far superior in CL across past few years.

Folk will be in denial and give every excuse under sun for it but the gap has been big.

Messi better domestically.

Home of Barca Fans