Lionel Messi - v7

Raketa10

Why going into extremes?

I am only saying that fans of each club are always overhyping and overrating their players and titles.

Here both Xavi and Iniesta are better than Zidane.
Peps era with 2 Cls is better than 4 out of 5 by Real.
Messis 3 Cls are better than 5+1 from Cr7.

That's the point.

Messi actually has 4 and Ronaldo has 4+1
And if someone rates Iniesta more than Zidane why do you think that's wrong? Those are all subjective categories and not overhyping.

henias

Man City fans will care less about the performances from a 33yo Messi and more about the legacy he brings to their club.
A living football legend and one of - perhaps the - best players to ever play the game improves their status immensely. Not many teams can claim that the best of the best have played for them - Barca is one of the very few with so many great players.

Only spoilt Barca fans who got accustomed to having a cheat code for so many years are oblivious to that.

Totally agree that. they are so desensitized to having a player thoroughly cover gaps in our attacking department from dribbling to chances created to scoring, the moment he stops doing that idiots go against him and say he cannot lift a losing team. The club and managers has done nothing to take responsibility and lets the players do the talking. Didnt sign a single decent and reliable player for 5 years straight while we see legends like, Dani, Iniesta and Xavi leave the club early. The most unfortunate thing about Messi is that he is one of the youngest of the golden generation to clean up the mess and bear this responsibility on his shoulder.

raskolnikov

He is an idiot. He's 33 and close to retirement could have retired with a really good legacy, now the legacy will go to shit for sure.
No way, this is on the board. He can leave and even comeback with a new board next year. Be like his Jordan moment with baseball and nobody would bat an eye.

MagIX

Why going into extremes?

I am only saying that fans of each club are always overhyping and overrating their players and titles.

Here both Xavi and Iniesta are better than Zidane.
Peps era with 2 Cls is better than 4 out of 5 by Real.
Messis 3 Cls are better than 5+1 from Cr7.

That's the point.

really ? According on what you are writing, no one would believe that you prefer Messi over Cr: it's a unique eulogy towards CR, all that's missing is a poem dedicated to him. Messi has only faults.

blaugrana1987

Thriving with two last 16 CL exits and not near favourites for next year... you are overplaying them.

What do you see as gap in la liga next season?
You are purposely ignoring the fact that I said thriving in sporting and financial aspect, compared to us.

I see gap of around 6pts with Messi, 15 without him.

Where I see a gap is in fact that we will be broke, with worse and older squad, while RM is perhaps missing 1-2 ingredients to be one of CL favorites with money to spare.

That is why I said we are ran into ground by our board. Our players are getting tons of criticism, but board has been mishandling financial and sporting aspect of this club for too long.

BBZ8800

So now it's all about UCL not entire career ?

Iirc, you are from Spain, right?

If you are, I have a news for you.
No one in the world cares for Copa del rey and Spanish supercopa titles.

The only titles that count are World cup, Euros/Copa America and leagues.

But then, 1 CL is worth like 5 leagues.

So, you can't say: Messi has more la ligas, that's the same as CLs.

Cl is the most important trophy in a club sport.
No amount of La ligas where trophies are won in matches against Mickey Mouse teams can change that.

If you measure who played more beautiful: Messi
If you count who won more biggest trophies: Cr7 6:3, the double amount, with his strong direct influence in all titles.

Hardy

Egvq7ydXgAIfANC

blaugrana1987

Both are focal points of attack.

Ronaldo has more assists as well even if team is not built to get him
On ball and create as much as Barca is for Messi.

Messi couldn?t lead an attack on break and with balls into box the way Ronaldo has.

Excuses are to make out Messi does all Ronaldo does and more. He doesn?t.
I agree. RM has had slight edge in Ronaldo + team + coach in CL, and absolutely massive in terms of actually doing business and financial aspects which board is responsible for.

blaugrana1987

He is an idiot. He's 33 and close to retirement could have retired with a really good legacy, now the legacy will go to shit for sure.
Legacy similar to this years? He scores 25 assists 21 in 28 starts, we lose La Liga and our own fanbase tells him he is at fault as much as the next guy. Yea, sure...

Raketa10

I sometimes really wonder why is BBZ supporting Barca? He obviously thinks Ronaldo is superior to Messi, he also doesn't rate Xavi, Iniesta or Pep as high as the rest of us are. Furthermore, La Masia is totally overrated according to him. He also prefers physical way of playing and not the one implemented by Cruyff. Dude you actually dislike everything Barca stands for. What the hall are you doing in this forum? :lol:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You are purposely ignoring the fact that I said thriving in sporting and financial aspect, compared to us.

I see gap of around 6pts with Messi, 15 without him.

Where I see a gap is in fact that we will be broke, with worse and older squad, while RM is perhaps missing 1-2 ingredients to be one of CL favorites with money to spare.

That is why I said we are ran into ground by our board. Our players are getting tons of criticism, but board has been mishandling financial and sporting aspect of this club for too long.

No I am disagreeing they are ?thriving? in a sporting aspect when had two CL last 16 exits and not near favourite for next one.

You are overplaying them on that.

Home of Barca Fans