Lionel Messi - v7

fergus90

I had come to terms he was leaving and was quite looking forward to a post-Messi Barca. I hope we aren't short sighted enough to build a team around a wantaway player with 9 months left of his contract.

akaranzo

Messi is legally correct but doesn't want to take it to court where he'd probably win

Hopefully he changes his mind because he absolutely should go to court. Bartomeu is literally exploiting Messi's ''niceness'' to force him to stay another year despite Messi being legally correct and wanting to leave. Fuck that shit, that's some textbook manipulation.

JamDav1982

Hopefully he changes his mind because he absolutely should go to court. Bartomeu is literally exploiting Messi's ''niceness'' to force him to stay another year despite Messi being legally correct and wanting to leave. Fuck that shit, that's some textbook manipulation.

Stop being so naive.

Either that or trolling.

This has nothing to do with Messi 'niceness' and all to do with not wanting to take to court as fear losing.

xxxxxx

You keep repeating 'it doesnt make sense'.

Maybe to you it doesnt but it is clear why it may have been done this way if cant leave.

Regardless, we're keeping a guy who isn't happy at the club. Contract or not, he doesn't want to be here. We're basically saying he's bigger than the club, especially when we're happy to release Suarez, Vidal and Rakitic for basically nothing. And yet again, I'm not saying we should release Messi for nothing before you have a meltdown.

This is going to be a shitshow next season. I can already see Koeman falling out with Messi and benching him.

Sterlingfan2000

Leo Messi is gonna stay?”. His father to
@elchiringuitotv
: “We don’t know, we don’t know. No dicison...”.

STOP THIS CIRCUS AND RETURN TO TRAINING FFS

JamDav1982

I believe he just doesn't wanna go on court, regardless if this clause is legit or not.

You believe he would rather stay at Barca for a season than play at City due to potential court case he knows he is on the right side of and would win?

He would just go if that were the case.

JamDav1982

Regardless, we're keeping a guy who isn't happy at the club. Contract or not, he doesn't want to be here. We're basically saying he's bigger than the club, especially when we're happy to release Suarez, Vidal and Rakitic for basically nothing. And yet again, I'm not saying we should release Messi for nothing before you have a meltdown.

This is going to be a shitshow next season. I can already see Koeman falling out with Messi and benching him.

Aye as you said... 'worst Barca season ever' and Messi is a victim.

You keep repeating the naive/ignorant examples of Suarez and Rakitic which shows how little argument is there.

xxxxxx

I believe he just doesn't wanna go on court, regardless if this clause is legit or not.

He needs to grow some balls and actually go through with it. The Barcelona fans will understand. We know how much of a lying piece of shit Bartomeu is.

As soon as he has one bad performance and he doesn't look interested out there, people will call for Messi's head (rightfully so). But this could have all been avoided by having a peaceful exit.

I just don't think Messi staying at this point is a good thing.... and this is Messi we're talking about here.

neo_wolf

If Messi agreed to stay then he would have also released a statement saying he would, but he has not and until he does i do not believe any report.
Every news outlet was saying how he was going to release a statement or video saying he stays and they were wrong.

akaranzo

Stop being so naive.

Either that or trolling.

This has nothing to do with Messi 'niceness' and all to do with not wanting to take to court as fear losing.

So what's your counter-argument to the statement just released? They clearly state there that the contract included an option for Messi to void his contract at the end of the 2019/2020 season, making Messi legally correct. Are you saying that's just a lie? I don't understand where your confidence in my ''naivety'' is coming from.

JamDav1982

So what's your counter-argument to the statement just released? They clearly state there that the contract included an option for Messi to void his contract at the end of the 2019/2020 season, making Messi legally correct. Are you saying that's just a lie? I don't understand where your confidence in my ''naivety'' is coming from.

My counter argument is not in context as La Liga said and if was correct Messi would sign for City and defeat Barca in court.

Would need to see the remainder of contract that relates specifically to the release clause.

There would no reason down to 'niceness' to prevent him making the move he is entitled to legally and wants to make.

snowy

I feel you bruh but going to court would mean not playing till at least January and perhaps even longer if lawyers manage to drag this endlessly. Everybody loses.

It many ways, this sucks cuz it would've been frankly dope to see him dominate the EPL, even more so with Chelsea but on the other hand, there's also the possibility that he got real mad when Barto leaked his last meeting with Commando and wanted to... kick something :lol:

if it was an impulsive decision taken rashly, once he cools down, he might actually prefer staying in sunny Barcelona for one glorious final summit attempt!

That would be the best Sun Tzu play once he assesses all options. Think we see him back in training as soon as next week.

xxxxxx

Aye as you said... 'worst Barca season ever' and Messi is a victim.

You keep repeating the naive/ignorant examples of Suarez and Rakitic which shows how little argument is there.

I said our worst season under Messi. Well, I meant to say that. Never said Messi was the victim.... I just don't think any player is bigger than the club. Maybe you do, but I certainly don't. He's going to leave eventually, I just rather it be now whilst we can still get good money for him. But you obviously think Messi is bigger than the club.

My argument for the Rakitic and Suarez is valid. He's been here all his life, given us everything, won every trophy he possibly could, generated a lot of money for the club, yet he can't get a peaceful send-off like Suarez, Rakitic (he already got one) and Vidal will probably get?

TrueCule

This was a great PR move by Messi and his side. They portray Messi as a victim which Barcelona don't want to release. The rumour that Messi is staying makes more sense now. They released this statement to show that he doesn't have any other option than to stay at the club for one more year.

JamDav1982

I said our worst season under Messi. Well, I meant to say that. Never said Messi was the victim.... I just don't think any player is bigger than the club. Maybe you do, but I certainly don't. He's going to leave eventually, I just rather it be now whilst we can still get good money for him. But you obviously think Messi is bigger than the club.

My argument for the Rakitic and Suarez is valid. He's been here all his life, given us everything, won every trophy he possibly could, generated a lot of money for the club, yet he can't get a peaceful send-off like Suarez, Rakitic (he already got one) and Vidal will probably get?

No player is bigger than club... yet you think club should cancel contract as he signed it under different conditions. That makes sense.

Rakitic and Suarez argument is awful but not surprised you think it is relevant and similar circumstances. Fits with your other 'arguments'.

Home of Barca Fans