Lionel Messi - v7

Pedro

La Masia
Leo Messi is gonna stay??. His father to
@elchiringuitotv
: ?We don?t know, we don?t know. No dicison...?.

STOP THIS CIRCUS AND RETURN TO TRAINING FFS

So nothing is confirmed yet I think, TyC sports who were reporting he's staying are just an argentina sports station

fergus90

The way Messi has conducted himself since the Bayern thrashing as supposed 33 year old club captain with 20 years history with the club, has been nothing short of horrendous. Contract or no contract it shows a distinct lack of respect to the fans, teammates and the new manager wether he wants to stay or not.

akaranzo

I feel you bruh but going to court would mean not playing till at least January and perhaps even longer if lawyers manage to drag this endlessly. Everybody loses.

It many ways, this sucks cuz it would've been frankly dope to see him dominate the EPL, even more so with Chelsea but on the other hand, there's also the possibility that he got real mad when Barto leaked his last meeting with Commando and wanted to... kick something :lol:

if it was an impulsive decision taken rashly, once he cools down, he might actually prefer staying in sunny Barcelona for one glorious final summit attempt!

That would be the best Sun Tzu play once he assesses all options. Think we see him back in training as soon as next week.

FIFA has said they would allow him to be registered for another team, so he could start training and even playing for City while the legal battle is dragging on.

akaranzo

My counter argument is not in context as La Liga said and if was correct Messi would sign for City and defeat Barca in court.

Would need to see the remainder of contract that relates specifically to the release clause.

There would no reason down to 'niceness' to prevent him making the move he is entitled to legally and wants to make.

And what makes believing La Liga less naive than believing Messi's camp? If you remember, La Liga has lied and said this kind of baseless stuff before in the Neymar saga, how they wouldn't accept PSG's transfer fee etc, and it all still happened. Seems to me that believing La Liga who has a clear agenda of fearing to lose another superstar is much more naive than believing Messi who is the only one to actually publicly quote the contract and the wording in it.

JamDav1982

And what makes believing La Liga less naive than believing Messi's camp? If you remember, La Liga has lied and said this kind of baseless stuff before in the Neymar saga, how they wouldn't accept PSG's transfer fee etc, and it all still happened. Seems to me that believing La Liga who has a clear agenda of fearing to lose another superstar is much more naive than believing Messi who is the only one to actually publicly quote the contract and the wording in it.

Believe it on the actions of Messi who is desperate to leave and could be at City for new season with threat of a court case he know will win.

If that was case would be gone.

Keep believing it is about 'niceness' he is not at City if you want.

Hardy

Messi stays in Barcelona.Lionel Messi decided to back down because he does not want to end up in a lawsuit with the club. Shortly the statement of Messi as per @DiarioOle

from argentina everyone is confirming

Laplacian

Lol, so what's the plan.

Coutinho, Griezmann, Messi? Or Dembele, Griezmann, Messi? Another season wasted.

Look at Chelsea, all they needed was two windows to completely build their squad lol...

El Gato

Villarato!
Believe it on the actions of Messi who is desperate to leave and could be at City for new season with threat of a court case he know will win.

If that was case would be gone.

Keep believing it is about 'niceness' he is not at City if you want.

While I do largely agree, what is the best indication we have that he even wants to join City of all places? Not doubting it's possible, but this here was the first indication of Messi camp intentions in the whole debacle ergo that he is set on leaving, but would opt to stay if he needs to protect image. It's not been said anywhere where he would have signed, not even known if he himself has chosen.

Home of Barca Fans