Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windhook

do you think a lose could generate some drastic decision? I don't mean a retire from NT but something even bigger

As previous comments, I don't believe it. Argentina perform way above expectations. And you can see it on Leo's face after each win, in the last two games especially. He's at peace with himself finally for Argentina. Before that he was the FC Barcelona icon, but now he's Argentina legend, he realizes finally the whole nation is behind him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Messi has made peace with whatever outcome on Sunday. Sometimes it's not meant to be. Hopefully for his sake lady luck smiles down on him this one time.

Horatio

You're welcome
nah that could be Ronaldo if Messi wins:mou:

I mean a retirement from football.

No. He loves football too much. In his mind he will want to continue as long as he thinks he can contribute to a team. He will complete his contract at PSG. Even think PSG will extend it with +1 year. After that he would want to play in Argentina to give it nice end. Not even sure at this point he will still go to MLS.

JamDav1982

BBZ has two essays ready.

One with FIFA wanting Messi to win the WC and the other where they want France to win due to Platini.

Whatever one fits the narrative on balance of decisions will be produced and used as 'evidence'.

Or if Argies get soundly beaten it will be 'FIFA could only take them so far' etc.

This is facts.

FinBarcelonafan

Maybe if they were favorites against France and ended up losing.

But he's going in against the odds or at least as the underdog; I don't know why he would make any drastic decisions.

Exactly. Messi is a winner at this point. The final will be a super tough and close game, no shame in losing.

FinBarcelonafan

GettyImages-1448123037-1.jpg

Great shot.

Van Dijks dance :lewa:

FinBarcelonafan

BBZ has two essays ready.

One with FIFA wanting Messi to win the WC and the other where they want France to win due to Platini.

Whatever one fits the narrative on balance of decisions will be produced and used as 'evidence'.

Or if Argies get soundly beaten it will be 'FIFA could only take them so far' etc.

This is facts.

Truth. :D

Temptation

Lmao. Messi fans here trying to downplay expectations and pretend to be at peace if the final is lost. The narratives are ready. You lot are bricking it. Bin the mental gymnastics and face it. It's a huge game which will have a big impact on his legacy. Even Messi knows it.

No point creating virtual safety nets to fall upon. It's the World Cup final, coping precautions won't change shit. Face it. Embrace the nerves.

JohnN

Lmao. Messi fans here trying to downplay expectations and pretend to be at peace if the final is lost. The narratives are ready. You lot are bricking it. Bin the mental gymnastics and face it. It's a huge game which will have a big impact on his legacy. Even Messi knows it.

No point creating virtual safety nets to fall upon. It's the World Cup final, coping precautions won't change shit. Face it. Embrace the nerves.

Coming out of your cave I see after being smacked back in this whole tournament. People have already admitted the obvious, that Messi has been the best player by far as long as he has played. His county is 100% behind him even if they lose.
Losing to France as undisputed underdogs against a unit of a team has no bearing on his legacy.

JamDav1982

Messi has enhanced his legacy this WC either way.

Predicted long ago folk would troll if did anything but win it.

Could see your wee argument coming a mile off.

Too predictable.

Temptation

Coming out of your cave I see after being smacked back in this whole tournament. People have already admitted the obvious, that Messi has been the best player by far as long as he has played. His county is 100% behind him

Stop this desperate coping bro.

Never been in the cave. When Messi played well he was praised by everyone including me on this very forum. Fair enough he's delivered in this WC so far.

But no running away from the final. You can say all the crap you want about me and ask your mates here to do the same but a World Cup has insane impact on any player's legacy. Deal with it. Otherwise you might have to be the one who runs into the cave. Ironic it would be. :lol:

Temptation

JamDav I agree he has enhanced it already. This is his best WC and he's been much better than he was in 2014. This WC will give a nice look to his overall WC stats and shit.

But it'll be cemented further by the Final Triumph because history books don't care about runner ups.

JamDav1982

Stop this desperate coping bro.

Never been in the cave. When Messi played well he was praised by everyone including me on this very forum. Fair enough he's delivered in this WC so far.

But no running away from the final. You can say all the crap you want about me and ask your mates here to do the same but a World Cup has insane impact on any player's legacy. Deal with it. Otherwise you might have to be the one who runs into the cave. Ironic it would be. :lol:

Nah Messi has been class regardless.

Legacy enhanced and is the GOAT regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans