Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

The days of him being the best player in the world or top three in the world are over, but still believe he can step up big time when needed in anything resembling a team, like he's done for Argentina.

Something for Poch or their new manager to consider because it's CL or bust for this PSG team, but right now they look pretty pathetic. Still early days though. These trophies aren't won right now :shrug:

He?s still top 5 though. None of these young guys have even a fraction of what he has. Guess we have to settle for Mbappe and Haaland horse race

JamDav1982

He is playing for PSG like he did for Barca.

Walking about at his own pace expecting the ball but PSG are not playing as slow as Barca did and just giving it to him any time he appears for it.

sickstar

What a logic some people are having rn lol. Remember 2nd half, not only psg played without messi, they also played without mbappe. Dont tell me m-a-n (mauro-angel-ney) is better than m-n-m. Though i didn't really watch the match, what i understand is injured messi is worse than healthy icardi. Healthy and right positioned psg vs rennes messi is better than icardi ofc (in that match the fault goes to luck and bottlers).

soul24rage

To get the best out of Current Messi, he needs a mobile striker ahead of him more than ever.

This is something Scaloni seems to understand.

malvolio

What a logic some people are having rn lol. Remember 2nd half, not only psg played without messi, they also played without mbappe. Dont tell me m-a-n (mauro-angel-ney) is better than m-n-m. Though i didn't really watch the match, what i understand is injured messi is worse than healthy icardi. Healthy and right positioned psg vs rennes messi is better than icardi ofc (in that match the fault goes to luck and bottlers).

Icardi was just good at opening up space for DiMaria and Neymar. Terrible at finishing some very good chances.

sickstar

Agree, messi as center forward won't resulted to anything. He need to be the one behind a cf who open space and made run for receiving pass at the same time, has a free role, and the most important of all... being healthy.

Messigician

And this is why I?ll never understand those who were so eager/happy for Messi to be leaving Bar?a - just because of all the ?big names? he can play with at PSG. If you know Messi, you?d know that he?d rather play at Bar?a, even if it meant suffering, then go elsewhere & do this.

Tackle

In someway sad to see the Messi and and Ronaldo fanboys that have lived vicariously through them attempting to rationalize their idols' declines. The helpless desperation as they cling on the last few years of relevancy before having to face an identity crisis themselves. Ronaldo disciples have already started to transition their fixation to Mbappe. Messi diehards on the other hand seem to be a mixed bag, right now I see a lot of them worshipping Pep. Let's see what the future holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans