Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

serghei

by the way, who gives an eff that messi had the most goals and assists of the 2010s

goals against cadiz and eibar are a dime a dozen. gimme decisive match winning CL KO goals against top teams and goals against top 3 liga opponents, thats whats interesting

those numbers will look great for messi 2010-2015 and utterly meme worthy 2016-2020

There is a difference between CL and league IMO. Messi on a responsible salary is a keeper IMO, even at an advanced age (obviously not at 35 years old, he should just go to MLS at this point looking at the effort he puts in). The one thing that made it bad for us is how Barca (and I refer to Bartomeu era basically) handled his influence in the locker room and his wages.

Those Messi goals from the past, win you league titles under a good manager that doesn't bottle it. Look at EV. He's not an elite manager by any means, no matter what his fans say, yet EV won 2 league titles just by sorting out the defense a bit. In CL obviously you need more, but in La Liga a well used Messi was an advantage, all the time.

Even last season, a better manager bags the league for Barca based on Messi and Griezman's goals. A better manager doesn't throw away the league vs bottom-placed teams.

JamDav1982

Nah Koeman deserves some credit for getting the squad going and on verge of title due to what he took over under and had to deal with from the summer.

He also has to then take some blame for not pushing that through until end and playing likes of Pique as soon as came back from injury.

Nowhere near as straightforward as just 'a better managers wins the league' it was a shambles of a situation to arrive at club under and getting Messi onside and playing way did while finding a role that suited Griezmann was to Koemans credit.

Koeman took Pedri from Segunda to Euros best mid in terms development, gave important minutes to Araujo, took Mingueza from basically discarded from B team to a use in first team, took Alba to best attacking season probably ever etc.

Even this season was playing Gavi, Nico etc.

Koeman made mistakes but had a lot of positives as well that help team now even.

Should have been punted in summer though as the way season ended was poor and board clearly wanted own man.

Two biggest failings of Barto was how much power he gave to Messi/amigos and the big signings. Having said that I dont think likes of Laporta start changing things round much earlier and still give same power to older group at the time.

All of them would have bent to Messi.

KingLeo10

When serghei is the voice of reason in a Messi thread (given how much he dislikes Messi), you can bet the rest of the page is infiltrated by trolls :lol:

Windhook

by the way, who gives an eff that messi had the most goals and assists of the 2010s

Dude, nobody cares for your obscure opinion on Messi. Get over it and stop begging for another meaningless ban as I know you are very grounded in opinion in other threads.

"Who cares Messi had the most goals and assists in the 2010's?". Well, I do and I feel proud he achieved all that during his prime and time at Barca.

BarcaOG

Banned
Dude, nobody cares for your obscure opinion on Messi. Get over it and stop begging for another meaningless ban as I know you are very grounded in opinion in other threads.

"Who cares Messi had the most goals and assists in the 2010's?". Well, I do and I feel proud he achieved all that during his prime and time at Barca.

cope. messi will have to live forever with the fact that despite being barca's supposed ever greatest player (actually xavi and iniesta) real madrid went on its longest and most fruitful CL winning streak during his peak

:lol: joke and meme of a 'goat'. imagine brazil winning every world cup during maradona's prime. except he was an actual goat so it didnt happen

BarcaOG

Banned
real madrid must loooove argentina. the most successful CL runs/periods in its history came with argentinians: di stefano and messi :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans