Lionel "The Greatest of All Time" Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

klc123

Isn't Barcelona's social media one of the biggest? YouTube at least. Can't say they have done everything wrong.

Not for long. I think people are really underestimating how much of an impact losing Messi will have on this club. Best case scenario is we button down the hatches and pray we make it through our dead weight player contracts without going bankrupt. I'm not expecting any silverware in the next few years.

Barcilliant

The time for him to go was last season. We could have got some money and started rebuilding. Instead that coward Barto held him against his will.
We need a great manager, long term project and an injection of cash. If we can get those three things we can remain relevant. If not,.....

Devils

Yeah we're not gonna get any of that.

I'm preparing for a 5-10 year age of irrelevancy in elite European competition.

Serious.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Yeah we're not gonna get any of that.

I'm preparing for a 5-10 year age of irrelevancy in elite European competition.

Serious.

The thing is we have been irrelevant in Europe for 5 years already and with state-sponsored clubs only getting stronger we'll be lucky to keep our head above water...

suckabov

Lemon curry?
It's petty and egotistical, but I hope he misses life in Barcelona on a private level really soon - language, climate, the calmness of Castelldefells, the mostly pretty chill nature of the local and especially older Barcelona fans towards him (other than in times of transfer rumours or the odd group of people waiting after training).

I've been passing through all the 5 stages of grief more than once the past few days. Doesn't help when random work colleagues come up with, "so? Heard that Messi is in Paris now?" as if it's something I'm dying to talk about to casuals, and not understanding even 10% of the emotional turmoil we are going through.

raskolnikov

Must suck for his kids as well. They dont know a life outside Barcelona. Leave your school and friends to go to paris out of the blue.
I always felt it hold Messi back to leave since he hated moving to Barcelona as a kid.
Still think it would have been worse in rainy Manchester had last years deal gone trough.

Raketa10

We all got used to have Messi in our team. It was perfectly normal to have a player that scored 30+ goals in every single season during the last 13 years. In some seasons numbers were over 50 or 60 or even 70 in 2012. In addition to that he is on top of all-time assist providers. Furthermore, he created numerous of chances for his teammates during every single match. I am afraid reality is going to hit us hard this time. :(

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Must suck for his kids as well. They dont know a life outside Barcelona. Leave your school and friends to go to paris out of the blue.
I always felt it hold Messi back to leave since he hated moving to Barcelona as a kid.
Still think it would have been worse in rainy Manchester had last years deal gone trough.

this is the normal children life if your father is a professional football player

suckabov

Lemon curry?
this is the normal children life if your father is a professional football player
Not for Messi's children so far. That's why he said there was huge drama last year and now promised them to come back to Barcelona whenever.

Kind of why I also don't see him moving to the MLS after 2/3 years. Think he will return to life in Barcelona or stay in Paris.

Barcilliant

He's gone. Get over it. I like Messi. He's a great player but I'm not a fan boy. I support FC Barcelona. I have been a fan since 89.
I feel he's become bigger than the club and we were always trying to please him. Giving him huge contracts, bringing his buddies in, letting that shithead Suarez scream at the youngsters.
I honestly can't wait to get rid of Pique, Busquets, Alba and Roberto. For too long club di amigos rules the roost and now their leader has gone. Player power needs to be controlled and we need to build a team.
Thanks for the memories Messi but I hope PSG never win a CL title.

malvolio

He's gone. Get over it. I like Messi. He's a great player but I'm not a fan boy. I support FC Barcelona. I have been a fan since 89.
I feel he's become bigger than the club and we were always trying to please him. Giving him huge contracts, bringing his buddies in, letting that shithead Suarez scream at the youngsters.
I honestly can't wait to get rid of Pique, Busquets, Alba and Roberto. For too long club di amigos rules the roost and now their leader has gone. Player power needs to be controlled and we need to build a team.
Thanks for the memories Messi but I hope PSG never win a CL title.

another fool brainwashed by the rosell/barto propaganda...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans